Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:58 pm 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
0beron wrote:
As long as nobody else in the Spacerock hex contacts Stanely, his decision to change the capital should happen in time.

Charlie could be watching.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:11 am 
    Lipkin wrote:
    0beron wrote:
    Timey-whimey stuff in Erfworld is still a bit hard to understand, because it's been mostly explained based on Parson's understanding of it, and he's noted that it doesn't make much sense to him.
    But the one thing I have drawn from it is this. When dealing with time between different hexes, duration doesn't matter, only order. So in theory, I think Stanley has all the time in the world to make this decision. As long as nobody else in the Spacerock hex contacts Stanely, his decision to change the capital should happen in time.

Unless stating that he only had 2 minutes caused that to be true for Stanley, Dr. Who style.

It's funny you should say that. The Pyramids of Mars also features a climactic race against time to move a portal taking advantage of differing time zones. In this case Parson would be Sutekh, the alien and apocalyptic threat to the known universe...sort of fits, right?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:50 pm 
    multilis wrote:
    In Book 1 it was unclear if portals were guarded, Parson was shown with many mages ready to shoot him.
    Yes and no. We don't know what kind of time passed in the MK to bring the mages out to threaten Parson.
    multilis wrote:
    In Book 2 we have scene where portals do not appear to be guarded which reduces chance of portal conspiracy, but...
    Indeed. Will you assume that portals are always guarded when we've seen then not guarded? Will you assume that there is some kind of portal guardian force which kills all interlopers into the MK who are not casters, when there is no logical reason as to why such a force should exist?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:23 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Oberon wrote:
    multilis wrote:
    In Book 1 it was unclear if portals were guarded, Parson was shown with many mages ready to shoot him.
    Yes and no. We don't know what kind of time passed in the MK to bring the mages out to threaten Parson.
    multilis wrote:
    In Book 2 we have scene where portals do not appear to be guarded which reduces chance of portal conspiracy, but...
    Indeed. Will you assume that portals are always guarded when we've seen then not guarded? Will you assume that there is some kind of portal guardian force which kills all interlopers into the MK who are not casters, when there is no logical reason as to why such a force should exist?

"Yes and no. We don't know what kind of time passed" - Thus I said unclear.

"Will you assume that portals are always guarded" I am not assuming anything, just saying what is still a chance (with help of predictomacers). The chance has reduced with book 2.

"when there is no logical reason as to why such a force should exist?" I think you are assuming here on no logical reason. If portals allowed non-mages to go through then big risk of warzone and no sanctuary for neutral mages. Thus a myth to keep others out may make sense and such a myth would need protection.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:56 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    multilis wrote:
    Oberon wrote:
    multilis wrote:
    multilis wrote:

"Yes and no. We don't know what kind of time passed" - Thus I said unclear.

"Will you assume that portals are always guarded" I am not assuming anything, just saying what is still a chance (with help of predictomacers). The chance has reduced with book 2.

"when there is no logical reason as to why such a force should exist?" I think you are assuming here on no logical reason. If portals allowed non-mages to go through then big risk of warzone and no sanctuary for neutral mages. Thus a myth to keep others out may make sense and such a myth would need protection.

Except that Queen Bea killed herself by stepping into the portal in a summer update.
    It is described as the side ending immediately after she touches the portal.
    That makes it extremely unlikely your hypothesis is correct.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:21 am 
    How have I only just noticed that the Arkenhammer is a Kazoo?!

My blog

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:35 am 
    Fjord wrote:

Except that Queen Bea killed herself by stepping into the portal in a summer update.

http://archives.erfworld.com/Book+2/22

I see no "side ending immediately", just a sequence of events, which would still work if it took 1 second for queen Bea to be zapped by some casters waiting for her.

I think better evidence is the talk of "rigging portals" in last few updates.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:26 am 
    multilis wrote:
    Fjord wrote:

http://archives.erfworld.com/Book+2/22

I see no "side ending immediately", just a sequence of events, which would still work if it took 1 second for queen Bea to be zapped by some casters waiting for her.

I think better evidence is the talk of "rigging portals" in last few updates.

It could be possible that they're just lying about the disbandment, but I doubt that.

We haven't seen any kind of portal guards MK side with the exception GWK's portal. We weren't aware of portal rigging at this point.

My blog

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:49 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    AOL: NOT FOR HONOR
    Knavigator wrote:

It's not a kazoo. On a real, non-Titanic hammer of that design, the head of the hammer compresses when you whack something with it, pushing air through that opening in the handle to make a noise.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:41 am 
    kvural wrote:
    Lipkin wrote:
    0beron wrote:
    Timey-whimey stuff in Erfworld is still a bit hard to understand, because it's been mostly explained based on Parson's understanding of it, and he's noted that it doesn't make much sense to him.
    But the one thing I have drawn from it is this. When dealing with time between different hexes, duration doesn't matter, only order. So in theory, I think Stanley has all the time in the world to make this decision. As long as nobody else in the Spacerock hex contacts Stanely, his decision to change the capital should happen in time.

Unless stating that he only had 2 minutes caused that to be true for Stanley, Dr. Who style.

It's funny you should say that. The Pyramids of Mars also features a climactic race against time to move a portal taking advantage of differing time zones. In this case Parson would be Sutekh, the alien and apocalyptic threat to the known universe...sort of fits, right?

If realtime communication was the only think keeping those hexes synchronized, then Charlie's apparent jamming of that thinkagram was an incredibly bad decision. Allowing the call to proceed might have resulted in Parson and Stanley yelling at each other (to no useful effect) right up until Parson was incapacitated by the fire.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:42 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Knavigator wrote:

(I can hardly believe I'm posting in a four-year old zombie thread)

If you're referring to that image of the Arkenhammer that appears with this text update, you didn't notice it because it isn't. The little hole in the end of the handle is a whistle, and makes a sound when you blow into it. A kazoo makes music when you hum into it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:36 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Ok, I hook my Kazoo up to my Rotary Engine. What sound does it make?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions