Erfworld Forums
http://forums.erfworld.com/

Book 2 – Page 88
http://forums.erfworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6345
Page 3 of 9

Author:  wrecan [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 88

The archon's taunting is irrelevant, and simply reflects her glee that Slately is dead and GK is going to take JS. Those were their mission objectives and they were achieved (though more costly than they anticipated due to Kingworld).

The archon didn't give away anything. Slately2 already said he was planning to contact Charlie to get an heir. If Slately2 can appoint an heir, it was going to happen anyway. And if it can't, she's gloating a little before Charlie drags her away.

As for Charlie, I imagine he has another Archon in the area ready to take possession of the captured Archon and transfer funds so Tramennis can be promoted. Then Tramennis, Ace, Lloyd, and Pierce get on whatever unipegataurs they have and head to the next city.

As for Cubbins, I suspect he is going to be captured, and possibly turned. Parson needs a Charlie-proof mode of communication and I think hat magic is exactly what he needs.

Author:  bladestorm [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 88

wrecan wrote:
As for Cubbins, I suspect he is going to be captured, and possibly turned. Parson needs a Charlie-proof mode of communication and I think hat magic is exactly what he needs.

Or Wanda gets to see what happens if you decrypt a caster.

Author:  0beron [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 88

bladestorm wrote:
wrecan wrote:
As for Cubbins, I suspect he is going to be captured, and possibly turned. Parson needs a Charlie-proof mode of communication and I think hat magic is exactly what he needs.
Or Wanda gets to see what happens if you decrypt a caster.

Possibly, it depends on what happens to him in the next few pages. If he gets croaked somehow, then he will definitely be decrypted since there is no better alternative. If he gets captured alive though, I still doubt Parson/Stanley will be willing to risk such a valuable caster.

Author:  bladestorm [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 88

0beron wrote:
bladestorm wrote:
wrecan wrote:
As for Cubbins, I suspect he is going to be captured, and possibly turned. Parson needs a Charlie-proof mode of communication and I think hat magic is exactly what he needs.
Or Wanda gets to see what happens if you decrypt a caster.

Possibly, it depends on what happens to him in the next few pages. If he gets croaked somehow, then he will definitely be decrypted since there is no better alternative. If he gets captured alive though, I still doubt Parson/Stanley will be willing to risk such a valuable caster.

Parson/Stanley wouldn't, but Wanda would be more than willing to croak him just to satisfy her curiosity. Cubbins better hope he's never left alone in a room with her unsupervised. The further along this story goes, the more of her predatory nature Wanda is revealing.

Author:  0beron [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 88

Agreed, however Wanda isn't one to defy orders, she just bends them. And given her total devotion to Parson, I sincerely doubt she would go against his position on the matter no matter how predatory she gets.

Author:  Jinren [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 88

Kreistor wrote:
Charlie's goal is survival, and screwing Jetstone doesn't achieve that.


More specifically, isn't Charlie still having difficulty persuading Royal sides he can be trusted? I should think he would be falling over himself to be of entirely honest service to Jetstone right now.

Author:  bladestorm [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 88

0beron wrote:
Agreed, however Wanda isn't one to defy orders, she just bends them. And given her total devotion to Parson, I sincerely doubt she would go against his position on the matter no matter how predatory she gets.

Which means she has to be given those orders before she gets on the scene, and leave no room for interpretation.
"I did the math. We couldn't afford his upkeep. He had to be decrypted.....It was for his own good and the good of our side."

That aside, if GK gets a Hat Magician, and there is speculation that the fourth tool deals with Hat Magic (I read that somewhere, so I have no idea why that line of reasoning came up), it may be possible that GK could have three of the four known tools... though I am still pulling for Sizemore to attune to the Hammer and fulfill his Rock Star status.

Author:  The Tick Rules [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 88

So what's the probable move? Double uses the bounty to promote his reamining son to heir before he depops or whatever happens to doubles?

Author:  Kaed [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 88

Isn't it strange?
Feels like I'm lookin' in the mirror.
What would Jetstone say
If only they knew that I was

Part of some Dittomancy thing(ing ing ing)
Popped to be a carbon copy king(ing ing ing)

There in the heat of battle, Lloyd cast a spell
And as I cried for honor I was blasted and fell

and so I say-

I think I'm a clone now
One of me was croaked
And he's still hanging around
I think I'm a clone now
My scepter and crown are just a hand-me-down

Look at the waaay
My body's lying on the rooftop
Heard my son saaay
Doubles don't leave a body


I still remember how it began (an an an)
Lloyd produced a carbon copy man (an an an)

Popped from a ditto-spell, in the middle of a fight
I sure hope Charlie isn't calling now, to screw me over all anew.

So I say-

I think I'm a clone now
Check out that body, on the rooftop over there
I sure hope I can still designate an heir.


:D

Author:  bladestorm [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 88

Jinren wrote:
More specifically, isn't Charlie still having difficulty persuading Royal sides he can be trusted? I should think he would be falling over himself to be of entirely honest service to Jetstone right now.

Either the delayed payment, or a small percentage of Jetstone's income over a long series of turns would work well for this. Jetstone gets some immediate help, Charlie's reputation as a businessman of his word stays intact, Charlie gets longterm payment for his services (and possibly residual/passive income), and Royal sides get to see that Charlie will still stand by his contracts even at the expense of not siding with the rest of the Tools. Neutrality in the Tool/Royal conflict, despite being a Toll user her/himself.

Author:  effataigus [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 88

the_tick_rules wrote:
So what's the probable move? Double uses the bounty to promote his reamining son to heir before he depops or whatever happens to doubles?

Seems the most likely interpretation of things. These dooders have surprised me before though.

Interestingly, Slately seems to have just emerged from denial in time for Charlie's call. I'm not sure if going into the bargaining phase of grief is a good or bad thing before dealing with Charlie.

Author:  spriteless [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 88

So, last page was to show that Transylvitto and Charlie knew (and that Charlie can listen in on mute little Bunny's mind speak). This page is to show team Jetstone learning and reacting, and to foreshadow how bad Charlie has there side by the boops. What will Charlie make King Jetstone do to insure his side doesn't disappear at end of turn?

Heh, it's a good story that I'm cheering for all sides.

Author:  fehler [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 88

Is there a function to hold a turn open indefinitely? Time passes, turns end, doubles cease to exist. I'm sure if there was a side out there that didn't want to end their turn in the past, it would have been tried by now. Or is that "lateral thinking"?

Author:  Kaed [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 88

fehler wrote:
Is there a function to hold a turn open indefinitely? Time passes, turns end, doubles cease to exist. I'm sure if there was a side out there that didn't want to end their turn in the past, it would have been tried by now. Or is that "lateral thinking"?


Oh my god I hate it when people do that in TBS games. It's like, you're losing, can't you just take it gracefully instead of crossing your arms and refusing to do anything so no one can play anymore?

You don't really want Jetstone to be That Guy, do you?

Author:  MarbitChow [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 88

fehler wrote:
Is there a function to hold a turn open indefinitely? Time passes, turns end, doubles cease to exist. I'm sure if there was a side out there that didn't want to end their turn in the past, it would have been tried by now. Or is that "lateral thinking"?
There was an in-depth discussion about that very question a while ago. Some argued that the side would automatically end at dusk, others that the units would eventually starve. Since time passes relatively differently within each hex, only the Capital would even notice a turn lasting 'indefinitely'.

Author:  Mad Humanist [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 88

0beron wrote:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
Just like I always said, Cubbins IS too cute to croak!!!!! *does a dance all around the office, regardless of how many people look at me funny*


I have to say I thought Cubbins was killed off partly to prove that the likeable can die. And he gave it his all when he went, so really there should be no encore. For him to have survived even to this extent damages the believability of the story for me.

Author:  0beron [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 88

asparagus wrote:
I have to say I thought Cubbins was killed off partly to prove that the likeable can die. And he gave it his all when he went, so really there should be no encore. For him to have survived even to this extent damages the believability of the story for me.

Well it has already been stated that falling has essentially random outcomes. Height factors in marginally, but the chance of being croaked, incapacitated, or 100% ok are the same for any fall.

Author:  bladestorm [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 88

asparagus wrote:
0beron wrote:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
Just like I always said, Cubbins IS too cute to croak!!!!! *does a dance all around the office, regardless of how many people look at me funny*


I have to say I thought Cubbins was killed off partly to prove that the likeable can die. And he gave it his all when he went, so really there should be no encore. For him to have survived even to this extent damages the believability of the story for me.

Bogroll covered that one. Besides, Cubbins could just be a longshot to give Jetstone some sort of hope. End of turn, the double depops, incapacitated units croak, and Jetstone goes down. That may also leave Cubbins' corpse until the end of the next turn, so he may get decrypted after all. Or he burns up when the garrison gets torched. Or the weight of the dwagons, since they cannot fly any more, crushes him beneath the rubble. Or Jetstone falls, the capital collapses, but Cubbins is still safe and barbarian under the rubble until Sizemore digs him out looking for anything useful to scavenge. Go looking for some unspent rations or some gems/schuckers, and come up with a caster...

Author:  Mad Humanist [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 88

There's also the problem that with a King's double, a chief warlord, and several casters why is Cubbins needed for leadership?

Author:  MarbitChow [ Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Book 2 – Page 88

asparagus wrote:
There's also the problem that with a King's double, a chief warlord, and several casters why is Cubbins needed for leadership?
He's not. But as one of the few remaining units left in the garrison (the main force is in the city right now), if he dies, the garrison falls, and if the garrison falls, all remaining units in the city are auto-captured.

Page 3 of 9 All times are UTC-04:00
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/