Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Summer Updates - 042
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:55 am 
Stability requires a minimum of three dwagons, in a triangle formation, say. That removes all of the degrees of freedom from the chariot, although up-and-down will be an issue dependong on factors like tautness of the rope. That would make for an uncomfortable ride more than anything else. I wonder if Erfworld has falling damage?

This IS Erfworld, so I'd go with 6 dwagons, one per hextant. Might as well travel in style, plus that way I can lose dwagons and remain aloft.

Only thing faster would be hat magic, but there's no hat magician handy. :(

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:05 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    quindraco wrote:
    I wonder if Erfworld has falling damage?

Why don't we ask Ansom?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:10 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    For transporting Parson there are a number of untried possibilities. A megalogwiff (Jillian "missed the power") or a carpet. Of course, since he's too heavy for a dwagon at the moment, fat boy could go on a diet.
    I guess sometime there is going to be a quest for the fourth known arkentool (there could be others). But that might be book 3 or 4.
    Somebody said Stanley is now being kind to Ansom. No he's not - he's jerking around his once mighty enemy for laughs. I might be that petty myself in the same circumstances.

Last edited by BCCroaker on Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:25 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    joosy wrote:
    (i.e.: it will work if the storyteller wants it to. If it defies some physics or something then they'll just 'hang a lantern' on it and explain it away with magic.)

However, if it is new, then it doesn't get a plot based shield.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:29 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    That is scary, the next major target after they finish here is Jetstone. My question is why Ansom is not getting Parson's advise, if Wanda is he should to. I feel that Book 2 may be after the fall of Jetstone with those other countries mentioned by Jillian being the the "villains".

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:52 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    badninja wrote:
    My question is why Ansom is not getting Parson's advise, if Wanda is he should to

Ansom prefers to come up with his own plans and does not consult Parson (Lord Hamster to Ansom) on them.
    I believe its a matter of Ansom's pride and his jealousy of Wanda.
    Ansom's ego still has Ansom as the master strategist and Wanda should be going to him or at least trusting him without running everything by Parson. He is hurt that the object of his affection does not return the attention nor does she appear to value him for what skills he does have.
    He justifies his jealousy and wounded pride by drawing attention to the fact that Parson may not even believe in the Titans at all.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:03 pm 
    raphfrk wrote:
    However, when attacking, she gets to decide who to attack. When defending, the enemy will likely decide to attack as a massive force (especially, when the nature of the pliers is discovered.)

When attacking, she can hit weak cities and stacks and then when she has a massive force, can attacking the well defended cities.

The decryption of the pliers looks like a spell-like ability. Casters can cast on their turn, and also when getting attacked.
    If Wanda gets attacked, I suspect that there's a very strong chance that she can decrypt during the attack.
    Decryption looks fairly effortless, so she may be able to replenish her losses on-the-fly when swarmed by an overwhelming but much weaker opponent, and convert the cannon fodder to more powerful decrypted versions.

As such, it's critical for any side fighting Wanda to eliminate or incapacitate her first, regardless whether they are attacking or defending. Shockamancy would be the best bet, I suspect.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:36 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    joosy wrote:
    badninja wrote:
    My question is why Ansom is not getting Parson's advise, if Wanda is he should to

Ansom prefers to come up with his own plans and does not consult Parson (Lord Hamster to Ansom) on them.
    I believe its a matter of Ansom's pride and his jealousy of Wanda.
    Ansom's ego still has Ansom as the master strategist and Wanda should be going to him or at least trusting him without running everything by Parson. He is hurt that the object of his affection does not return the attention nor does she appear to value him for what skills he does have.
    He justifies his jealousy and wounded pride by drawing attention to the fact that Parson may not even believe in the Titans at all.

I think it is simplier than this regarding Ansom and Parson. Ansom outranks Parson being Chief Warlord. Parson LET his rank go not wanting to do it any longer, thus it makes it part of the 'plotline' and lastly Wanda is involved in multiple triangles but to examine things in a different way almost all things work in threes. The Law of Three is always built on that principle. There are entire gaming systems built on that law.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:54 pm 
    quindraco wrote:
    Stability requires a minimum of three dwagons, in a triangle formation, say. That removes all of the degrees of freedom from the chariot, although up-and-down will be an issue dependong on factors like tautness of the rope. That would make for an uncomfortable ride more than anything else. I wonder if Erfworld has falling damage?

This IS Erfworld, so I'd go with 6 dwagons, one per hextant. Might as well travel in style, plus that way I can lose dwagons and remain aloft.

Only thing faster would be hat magic, but there's no hat magician handy. :(

So, I'm just wondering what happens when dragon one [of however many we like] crosses the hex boundary while the chariot and the other dragons are still in the preceding hex. would they all count as one super unit, so to speak, because of being tied to the chariot (seeming more like a litter or 'Bath chair' in my head at the moment), or would they be separate units tied together? if the latter, i feel that erf-physics (fysics?)might cripple it somehow.

Regarding the problem with the dangling chariot, could try a sleigh... it works for St. Nicholas ;)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:26 pm 
    Gez wrote:
    HailGreen28 wrote:
    1. The Heir Issue: Jetstone has a new Chief Warlord. But does Slately have an heir? What if Ansom is that heir? Could Ansom literally take control of ALL Jetstone if he croaks Slately soon?

Croaking? Why not capturing? It would seem logical that heirloom and positions of command are lost when croaked, and not restored when uncroaked/decrypted. For a standard unit, that's not a problem since they have no title. But capture Slately and don't croak him, and you get control over all the Jetstone forces.
    You still need to be able to control or convert the prisoner, to control his units.

Wanda had to use psychology, magic, and some "personal interaction" to get any info from Jillian, even after capture.

With decrypyt, Loyalty of the former enemy isn't an issue.

But like I said, judging from Ansom's livery, it's unknown if a decrypted unit like Ansom retains its rank within the enemy hierarchy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:59 pm 
    WLM: mooseodeath@hotmail.com
    the chariot probably wouldn't work

parson could not mount banana, and he couldn't walk through the hex barrier.

so the way i see a "chariot" working is two dwagons flying off, trailing parson's glorious contraption.

they pass through the barrier

the chariot passes through the barrier

parson does not

end of book 2 and erfworld

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:04 pm 
    I have a few questions that come to mind from this update:

1. Could they build "carriers" that the dragons could "carry" that are filled with troops and invade Jetstone's Capital in 1 turn?

2. If Slately was decrypted and then made warlord and had control of production, could he pop a royal heir for Stanley?

3. Could Ansom's duty cause him to switch sides because he believes Parson is evil?

4. Are we ever going to see Parson eating marbits for breakfast or snacking on a gwiffon? (in Erfworld of course)

5. Would I want to see Parson do that?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:16 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    moose o death wrote:
    the chariot probably wouldn't work

parson could not mount banana, and he couldn't walk through the hex barrier.

so the way i see a "chariot" working is two dwagons flying off, trailing parson's glorious contraption.

they pass through the barrier

the chariot passes through the barrier

parson does not

end of book 2 and erfworld

I think the transport ideas are based on the thought that Parson would't be a garrison unit any more. Still a funny thought though.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:22 pm 
    BCCroaker wrote:
    For transporting Parson there are a number of untried possibilities. A megalogwiff (Jillian "missed the power") or a carpet.

I doubt a megalogwiff would work. It's probably no stronger then a dwagon, and besides, we were told heavy units can't use mounts at all.

A carpet...might. It'd probably have to be an "extra large" carpet, though.

Quote:
    Of course, since he's too heavy for a dwagon at the moment, fat boy could go on a diet.

I suspect that him being a "heavy unit" has more to do with the fact he's twice as tall as normal erfworlders then with him being overweight. By erfworld standards, he's bascially the size of a twoll, not of a human.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:56 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Yosarian wrote:

The problem is...Parson's going to have a heck of a hard time coming to the rescue. He can't ride dragons, and the army is currently more then two hundred hexes from Gobwin Knob.

We don't know what his move score would be if he was promoted from garrison unit, but I doubt it's that much. It'd take him forever to get to the army; too long, probably.

Parson can give advice and stuff, but he can't literally come charging to the rescue.

Well, Charley thought 3 Archons were enough to move Parson out of hex, and Parson has access to three Archons...

I think you're all thinking inside the box with all this ride the dragon or Meaglogwiff talk. How about a sleigh led by a team of Archons?

Unbreakable. Does not receive leadership penalties, Loyalty, or morale hits due to delays, imperfections, vacations, breaks, filler days, or retcons. All such debuffs, if somehow applied, are reduced to 0. - ShaneTheBrain

Last edited by Infidel on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:58 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Infidel wrote:
    Well, Charley thought 3 Archons were enough to move Parson out of hex, and Parson has access to three Archons...

Not sure how much we can read into that scenario, though, since if Parson had accepted, he would have been a captured unit. The rules may be different in that case.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:03 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    atteSmythe wrote:
    Infidel wrote:

Not sure how much we can read into that scenario, though, since if Parson had accepted, he would have been a captured unit. The rules may be different in that case.

I don't see how capturing a unit will change its type. Normally, if you capture a unit, you gain all the advantages and disadvantages of that unit. If I steal a banana it doesn't turn into a strawberry in my pocket.

Unbreakable. Does not receive leadership penalties, Loyalty, or morale hits due to delays, imperfections, vacations, breaks, filler days, or retcons. All such debuffs, if somehow applied, are reduced to 0. - ShaneTheBrain

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:48 pm 
    WLM: mooseodeath@hotmail.com
    why would you put a banana in your pocket? if your pants can change banana's into strawberry's i'd be hesitant to wear them in case of mistaken identity.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:54 pm 
    Guurzak wrote:
    The father thing was obviously a reference to King Slately being Ansom's father. Since Ossomer and Tremennous were referred to as Ansom's brothers, this is no great leap. The reason Stanley was making a point of not saying "father" was because he didn't want to stress the point that he was having Ansom betray his own side and family.
    Ansom seems to have no issues with being reminded of his former loyalties. After all, he's the one who wants to take the Jetstone capitol.
    Guurzak wrote:
    Stanley is indeed incompetent as an overlord. He needs to be demoted to Warlord (not even Chief Warlord) and sent out into the field with some dwagons to go have fun. That's what his talents are suited for, and circumstance and ambition have placed him elsewhere.
    Agreed. He seems to be a good man to have on your side in a knife fight, but he's never shown the slightest bit of capacity for strategic thinking.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:26 pm 
    jnrhayz wrote:
    I have a few questions that come to mind from this update:

1. Could they build "carriers" that the dragons could "carry" that are filled with troops and invade Jetstone's Capital in 1 turn?

2. If Slately was decrypted and then made warlord and had control of production, could he pop a royal heir for Stanley?

3. Could Ansom's duty cause him to switch sides because he believes Parson is evil?

4. Are we ever going to see Parson eating marbits for breakfast or snacking on a gwiffon? (in Erfworld of course)

5. Would I want to see Parson do that?

I don't think the dwagon transport carrier would work, just because thats not how the game is meant to be played. same way parson can't ride a dwagon, then i doubt anyone not a warlord, knight, or caster can use mounts

Slately wouldn't be needed to pop a royal heir, Ansom is a royal and cheif warlord so he could do that if he wished, but i doubt stanley would allow that

if Ansom manages to get to Space Rock without incedent then he might win, assuming the Dwagons come along for the ride. Jetstone does not seem to have any signifigant airforce besides unipegataurs and maybe orlies. Dwagon air support would be the tie breaker (unless Jillian shows up and use's drama and megalogwiffs to even it out)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions