Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 025
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:37 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Offline
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 4:45 am
Posts: 308
Spot wrote:
Of the two, Maggie at least, has started to realize this. Sizemore, unfortunately, remains too loyal to Stanley for his own good.
What makes you say that? Sizemore doesn't seem loyal to Stanley at all.

When Parson suggested throwing a brick at Stanley, Maggie locked up; Sizemore had no problem evaluating it.

Sizemore is subtly contemptuous of Stanley on a number of occasions -- his noncommittal response when Parson says that Ansom considers Stanley an idiot, say.

Sizemore seems to be at least somewhat suspicious of the sequence of events that brought Stanley to power.

He was perfectly willing to just give up when the opportunity to do so gracefully presented itself. This isn't the action of someone loyal to Stanley -- someone really loyal would have been trying to look out for Stanley's interests, even after a blowup like that.

Sizemore strikes me as the kind of guy who does his job because that's the sort of person he is. He doesn't strike me as having any personal loyalty to Stanley at all (and the fact that he was able to answer Parson's question about the brick while Maggie locked up suggests that he might have a low mechanical loyalty, too.)


Last edited by Aquillion on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 025
     Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:59 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:25 pm
    Posts: 43
    http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F077a.jpg

    Looks like Ken is definitely a new unit. Whether he's recently popped or from the Magic Kingdom is unknown.

    Based on the conversation, it looks like Parson is not the one directing which units are being popped. Is Stanley handling this himself, or did he delegate it to Wanda or Ansom? Can someone who is not the ruler of a faction decide which units get popped. I don't think Parson attempted to recruit any new units during the battle against the coalition.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 025
     Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:33 pm 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 4:17 am
    Posts: 666
    WLM: mooseodeath@hotmail.com
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    or maybe he just lives in the magic kingdom making alot of money making clothing for whoever pays for it. why do so many of you assume he's on their side? it never once crossed my mind that he'd be in GK.

    and the overlord is the only one who can pop units, sizemore and wanda can fabricate them.

    _________________
    http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 025
     Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:43 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:19 am
    Posts: 14
    random_guy wrote:
    http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F077a.jpg

    Looks like Ken is definitely a new unit. Whether he's recently popped or from the Magic Kingdom is unknown.

    Based on the conversation, it looks like Parson is not the one directing which units are being popped. Is Stanley handling this himself, or did he delegate it to Wanda or Ansom? Can someone who is not the ruler of a faction decide which units get popped. I don't think Parson attempted to recruit any new units during the battle against the coalition.


    What? The outfit is from the Magic Kingdom, made by Ken. Ken was in the Magic Kingdom when he gave the cloths to Maggie.

    "This particular 'outfit'...I would call it 'raiment'...came from the Magic Kingdom."

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 025
     Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:05 am 
    User avatar
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:09 pm
    Posts: 556
    I just had an odd thought and was wondering what other peoples' opinions on the matter were. If Parson had invited Stanley on the picnic, do you think he would have gone? I think he might have (assuming he wasn't too busy with other things).

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 025
     Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:15 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 4:17 am
    Posts: 666
    WLM: mooseodeath@hotmail.com
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    do you invite your boss on picnics?

    have you seen the human horn futurama episode? it would be like the third act of that. every slight mistake in conversation would potentially result in your life ending.

    _________________
    http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 025
     Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:40 am 
    User avatar
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:22 pm
    Posts: 1249
    mhangman wrote:
    why u say demonic to decrypt power? its titan's tools. and they create the world. they should be good so its an angelic power :P



    Why do you assume Titans are good?

    _________________
    Unbreakable. Does not receive leadership penalties, Loyalty, or morale hits due to delays, imperfections, vacations, breaks, filler days, or retcons. All such debuffs, if somehow applied, are reduced to 0. - ShaneTheBrain

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 025
     Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:54 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 4:45 am
    Posts: 308
    random_guy wrote:
    Based on the conversation, it looks like Parson is not the one directing which units are being popped.
    Parson wouldn't be anyway. Stanley demoted him, remember?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 025
     Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:13 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:25 pm
    Posts: 43
    KBF wrote:
    What? The outfit is from the Magic Kingdom, made by Ken. Ken was in the Magic Kingdom when he gave the cloths to Maggie.

    "This particular 'outfit'...I would call it 'raiment'...came from the Magic Kingdom."


    Didn't catch that part. My post was a response to someone's earlier post regarding whether or not Ken is a decrypted unit, or a unit that already died.

    Quote:
    Parson wouldn't be anyway. Stanley demoted him, remember?


    True, but what about during Book 1? After Stanley left, Ansom took more than one turn to reach them, but we did not see any signs of new units being popped. In the second summer update, it has only been one turn since the battle, but a new dwagon had been popped, so it only takes one turn to pop a dwagon. What was preventing Parson from popping a dwagon or two to take on Ansom? Jillian, a level 9 warlord, got taken down by a red dwagon in one hit. Ansom is only one level higher, so he's not much more difficult to defeat. If Wanda had one dwagon with her stack, she might have been able to get rid of Ansom before he reformed an alliance with Charlie.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 025
     Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:59 am 
    User avatar
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:09 pm
    Posts: 556
    Rulers set the production orders for all cities. Not warlords, not casters, not even a chief warlord or an heir. And I don't think it matters where Stanley is for him to set the production orders. And it probably took multiple turns to pop that dwagon, just like it takes multiple turns to pop a warlord.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 025
     Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:25 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:38 pm
    Posts: 210
    Infidel wrote:
    Why do you assume Titans are good?


    I would say why do people assume the Titans actually exist. (What better way to keep everyones attention away from the real creator if Erfworld) Even if they do exist they may just be units like everyone else native to Erfworld.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 025
     Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:46 am 
    User avatar
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 9:49 pm
    Posts: 52
    HandofShadows wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    Why do you assume Titans are good?


    I would say why do people assume the Titans actually exist. (What better way to keep everyones attention away from the real creator if Erfworld) Even if they do exist they may just be units like everyone else native to Erfworld.

    I was thinking about that after Don asked 'Do you believe in The Titans?' Truth is we don't really know if The Titans really exist or not.
    I like your idea about them being units, that would be very interesting.

    _________________
    Image
    "I only exist inside those people aware of my existence." -Lain

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 025
     Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:52 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:43 pm
    Posts: 46
    random_guy wrote:
    KBF wrote:
    What? The outfit is from the Magic Kingdom, made by Ken. Ken was in the Magic Kingdom when he gave the cloths to Maggie.

    "This particular 'outfit'...I would call it 'raiment'...came from the Magic Kingdom."


    Didn't catch that part. My post was a response to someone's earlier post regarding whether or not Ken is a decrypted unit, or a unit that already died.

    Quote:
    Parson wouldn't be anyway. Stanley demoted him, remember?


    True, but what about during Book 1? After Stanley left, Ansom took more than one turn to reach them, but we did not see any signs of new units being popped. In the second summer update, it has only been one turn since the battle, but a new dwagon had been popped, so it only takes one turn to pop a dwagon. What was preventing Parson from popping a dwagon or two to take on Ansom? Jillian, a level 9 warlord, got taken down by a red dwagon in one hit. Ansom is only one level higher, so he's not much more difficult to defeat. If Wanda had one dwagon with her stack, she might have been able to get rid of Ansom before he reformed an alliance with Charlie.


    Never said it took only one turn to pop a Dwagon. Perhaps it was in the proccess of being popped and just popped late?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 025
     Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:23 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:55 pm
    Posts: 31
    Thought occurs-given how often Wanda changes her outfits, Dollmancy must be one of her favorite disciplines besides Croakamancy. She's probably the one who made Stanley's bathrobe, too.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 025
     Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:32 am 
    User avatar
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:22 pm
    Posts: 1249
    HandofShadows wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    Why do you assume Titans are good?


    I would say why do people assume the Titans actually exist. (What better way to keep everyones attention away from the real creator if Erfworld) Even if they do exist they may just be units like everyone else native to Erfworld.



    Why do people assume the Titans actually exist? I'd say the first page pretty specifically identifies them as a concrete entity and not an abstraction. It's the assumption of goodness that bothers me though.

    _________________
    Unbreakable. Does not receive leadership penalties, Loyalty, or morale hits due to delays, imperfections, vacations, breaks, filler days, or retcons. All such debuffs, if somehow applied, are reduced to 0. - ShaneTheBrain

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 025
     Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:01 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:19 am
    Posts: 14
    Infidel wrote:
    Why do people assume the Titans actually exist? I'd say the first page pretty specifically identifies them as a concrete entity and not an abstraction. It's the assumption of goodness that bothers me though.


    Well, as far as I can tell they set fate. They have to be good, because they control what is good. If they are not good, they would probably just be the wielders of fate and above morals altogether.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 025
     Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:08 am 
    User avatar
    Offline
    Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 7:59 am
    Posts: 20
    HandofShadows wrote:
    Infidel wrote:
    Why do you assume Titans are good?


    I would say why do people assume the Titans actually exist. (What better way to keep everyones attention away from the real creator if Erfworld) Even if they do exist they may just be units like everyone else native to Erfworld.



    http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F001.jpg

    Has their been pictures or narration about anything else that has not been true?

    Also with the links... my theory is that the intensity/risk of a link increases expenentionally with the number of non- thinkamancers involved- 1 nonthinker , the link would just act as a strong thinkagram- maybe. 2 nonthinkers, the link is highly risky and the minds need to be drawn very deep into eachother. 3 nonthinks (which is ment to be inpossible) TPK, all four are joined at the heads, a large explosion occurs.

    I have a theory that more thinkamancers can increase the capacity of a link, but this is just very baseless speculation

    _________________
    Avatar is an one of Charlie's Archrons from the Erfworld Webcomic. May the Titans bless thee and Croak thy enemys.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 025
     Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:16 am 
    User avatar
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 10:02 pm
    Posts: 209
    Hmmm. Looks like Parson is both gathering data and building up is own alliances.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 025
     Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:20 am 
    User avatar
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:12 pm
    Posts: 565
    Location: Northern Virginia
    Jallorn wrote:
    Never said it took only one turn to pop a Dwagon. Perhaps it was in the proccess of being popped and just popped late?


    Different city types produce different unit types. Bigger the unit, longer the time. (emphasis added)

    My guess is that Stanley ordered a new blue dwagon to replace the one Jillian croaked before being captured, and it popped several turns later after the battle was over.

    Wisp Wings wrote:
    Has their been pictures or narration about anything else that has not been true?


    There have been several panels showing hypothetical images of a proposed plan or an expected future event that didn't come to pass. It's entirely possible that the image of the Titans creating Erfworld is a representation of what good Scripture-reading Erfworlders believe, whether or not it represents what really happened.

    _________________
    Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Summer Update - 025
     Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:22 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:38 pm
    Posts: 210
    SteveMB wrote:
    My guess is that Stanley ordered a new blue dwagon to replace the one Jillian croaked before being captured, and it popped several turns later after the battle was over.


    The production of that dwagon might have been started even before that. We don't know how long it takes to pop a dwagon. Also the dwgon poped was not exactly the same type as was lost. It was an armored (I would asume that means upgraded) blue, not a standard one. So that sould make production time longer.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ] 

    Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Moonflyer and 16 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: