Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:52 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:01 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Interesting...so hoboken is not just a thinkamancy thing. All casters can use it as a basic offensive spell. We also learn the name of the group that's attacking them.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:19 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit
    And the group attacking them ... is not Jetstone, or any other group we've heard of. I don't take the references, though. I suppose Haffaton could be "half a ton", but what is a colesloth?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:23 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter
    Good thing it was cold, that'd be a weird tableau to walk in on. And further proof, if it were needed, that Wanda has been a... sensual and physical creature from the very beginning. Not necessarily in a sexual sense though, and perhaps that part is common to croakamancers.

Last edited by Saladman on Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:26 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter
    vintermann wrote:
    And the group attacking them ... is not Jetstone, or any other group we've heard of. I don't take the references, though. I suppose Haffaton could be "half a ton", but what is a colesloth?

I'm glad of that, that we haven't heard of them, actually. The world is supposed to be bigger than most sides know, it'd be a little too cute and precious for this to just be a pre-match involving Jetstone and Charlescomm.

And the other I think is just a conflation of coleslaw and sloth. So it's... some kind of coleslaw-y tree sloth, or perhaps a coal-y sloth, given the brown color scheme.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:43 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    AOL: Warcraftace
    Aaannndd Wanda goes right back into disturbingly creepy again.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:01 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    She's a Croakamancer, she's supposed to be disturbingly creepy. Which I do so love.

I also love the text story and it's delivery schedule!!!!!!!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:14 am 
    Oh it's official. She's a super freak

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:32 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    WLM: zilfallon@hotmail.com
    Quote:
    about a twisted Dirtamancer who falls in love with his own crap golem.

What the boop...?

You know... at this point you boops aren't beating dead horses any more. You're making glue.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:33 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Not bad at all for a first day's hunting really.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:19 am 
    Reminds me of two anecdotes really: I was working with a woman once who was the lead archaeologist on an excavation of a monastery in Italy. Time was running short towards the end of the dig and she ended up working later into the night while the others went off for a friday night party that she promised to join later. Work continued so she didn't turn up at the party, but turned up in the kitchen mid morning and bleary eyed like the others. "Where were you?" they asked, "Oh", she replied off-handedly, "I spent the night with three guys in my room. you can help me clear them out". Yep, three skellies lifted and stored in her bedroom for the night, because the site office and store was locked down for the night!

The second isn't so cool, its just to say that with the pile of books that frame my bed, I understand entirely about sleeping with your work :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:31 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Morbid and perverse.

Two of my favorite things ever, combined in one caster. And a dark fashion sense, too. It's too bad that (future) Wanda lives in such self-denial, or she'd be my most relatable character.

Quote:
    Good thing it was cold, that'd be a weird tableau to walk in on. And further proof, if it were needed, that Wanda has been a... sensual and physical creature from the very beginning. Not necessarily in a sexual sense though, and perhaps that part is common to croakamancers.

Probably. A supernatural sense for nearby bodies would certainly enhance sensuality. All senses turn sexual in the right state of mind, but something that makes you intrinsically aware of the state and function of people's organs would rank up there.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:22 am 
    Raza wrote:
    Probably. A supernatural sense for nearby bodies would certainly enhance sensuality. All senses turn sexual in the right state of mind, but something that makes you intrinsically aware of the state and function of people's organs would rank up there.

It's quite possible that those senses do not extend to still-living bodies (she didn't, for example, use them to spot the scout - she seemed to use normal sight), which would put a bit of a different spin on using those senses sensually...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:02 am 
    MarbitChow wrote:
    Raza wrote:

It's quite possible that those senses do not extend to still-living bodies (she didn't, for example, use them to spot the scout - she seemed to use normal sight), which would put a bit of a different spin on using those senses sensually...

If she can distinguish working organs from defective ones I would've expected them to work to some degree on the living, but you have a good (if inconclusive) point about the scout.

The suggestion is there either way. And why not? Motion is just what the dead need for that sort of thing. Oh man, the possibilities...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:27 am 
    Saladman wrote:

Yeah this explains a lot about Wanda.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:40 am 
    Raza wrote:
    If she can distinguish working organs from defective ones I would've expected them to work to some degree on the living

I read that more as a sort of "this muscle is still attached and can function properly if animated, while these tendons are ripped and the bones will need Magic to keep them together" type of diagnosis.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:54 am 
    That's equally possible, sure. But since in erfworld, 'life' is the presence of a thing and death the (default) absence of it, for croakamancers to be unable to use their senses on living units would require a separate mechanism of resistance. Occam's razor is in my favor here.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:57 am 
    vintermann wrote:

half a ton of coleslaw?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:03 am 
    random_guy wrote:
    Interesting...so hoboken is not just a thinkamancy thing. All casters can use it as a basic offensive spell.

That which we call a magic missile by any other name would hit as hard.

zilfallon wrote:
    Quote:
    about a twisted Dirtamancer who falls in love with his own crap golem.

What the boop...?

Sure! It's said the affair left Malion happy as a pig in...well, I'm sure you can guess. (In the interest of full disclosure, this joke was adopted from a Spider Robinson line.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:49 am 
    Very well written, and captivating in its pensive mood. The start of the life of a caster is an interesting subject to explore—particularly this one.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions