Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 71
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:11 pm 
Holy boop, this would be war in the MK.

I think the best approach will be dirtamancy traps, at least if one wants to reduce casualties. Hmmm... I wonder how long it would take our pacifist dirtamancer to put together a decoy dirt golem that could jump back into GK's portal (even if the portal destroys the golem in transit).

Radagast wrote:
Can the Thinkamancers not enter the tunnel for some reason? Why haven't they decided that they will obviously need to resort to force?

'Cause they "think" they have the upper hand.

Last edited by DevilDan on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:12 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    You'd think with those numbers, Parson would just advise the thinkamancers to GTFO. I mean, Perfect Warlord, right? If the living embodiment of war suddenly told me I was about to wear my butt for a hat in an upcoming battle, I'd call it a day and go play some video games. :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:25 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    The Magic Kingdom is an island? Maybe on the same world and not extradimentional?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:32 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Radagast wrote:
    Can the Thinkamancers not enter the tunnel for some reason? Why haven't they decided that they will obviously need to resort to force?

They're thinkers. They expect to think their way out of problems.

2nd level Dollamancer, currently using my Juice on a Bag of Holding

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:35 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Hayes wrote:
    The guy in the suit might be Ray Kurzweil - the face is right but the hair style is wrong. See here:
    http://singularityhub.com/2009/04/29/tr ... l-premier/

If that's Ray Kurzweil, Rob just got more awesome. He *would* qualify, too.

</fanboy>

EDIT: Actually, as much as I'd like that to be him, and as much as he'd fit the plot here, I don't think it's him. The head proportion's all wrong, and I've never seen Ray wear his suit like that. Also, when's the last time Ray's been seen frowning? Then there's the hair. No, it can't be him.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:00 pm 
    Yahoo Messenger: grixit
    Heh, The Great Karnak! Or whatever the spelling is. But why is there someone with a woodchuck?

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
    . . . . . . Dr Pepper
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:02 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Dr Pepper wrote:
    Heh, The Great Karnak! Or whatever the spelling is. But why is there someone with a woodchuck?

I should hope that's not a woodchuck, or the Oracle might ZOT a fellow predictamancer.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:07 pm 
    BCCroaker wrote:
    The Magic Kingdom is an island? Maybe on the same world and not extradimentional?

Yeah, i caught that. I never thought it was extradimensional, just remote and possibly thought inaccessable by normal means. But Parson might have something to say about that.

. . . . . . Dr Pepper

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:08 pm 
    Tathar wrote:
    Dr Pepper wrote:
    But why is there someone with a woodchuck?

I should hope that's not a woodchuck, or the Oracle might ZOT a fellow predictamancer.

Well apparently it is. Unfortunately, the word "woodchuck" came to my mind first and i didn't think about the creature's other name, "groundhog", or i would have figured out who it was.

. . . . . . Dr Pepper

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:32 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I like this update. It was a quiet sort of action, but definitely more charged than the last page. I *am* honestly quite surprised to see a gathering of predictamancers, since the text update where Marie was introduced quite logically said in Janis' words:
    Quote:
    Because it's no shame to live in the Magic Kingdom, unless you are a Predictamancer.

So I wonder what they're all doing there. Maybe they're all similarly sad and long in exile, or barbarians who quirkily made their way (as a predictamancer well might). But I don't imagine we're going to get much story on them, unless maybe as throwaway mentions in a future text update.

*no I'm not

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:42 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter
    Markidactyl wrote:
    The three chicks in panel eight, I believe, are the Weird Sisters. Specifically I recognized them from the Gargoyles show.

Chicks? Really?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:46 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Radagast wrote:

I think they're still speaking with Maggie. Parson's second speech balloon in panel two."But they don't have to. They could" -> look above the period, I think thats Maggie's thinkagram talking to the Great Minds?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:49 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Brand newbie here, I thought I'd toss in my speculation for the grumpy-glasses the Predictamancer, could it be Alfred Webre? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Webre The face, hair, and suit are correct, though Webre doesn't usually wear glasses. He's a futurist who talks a lot about Earth's place in intergalactic politics. Another possibility could be Bruce Sterling, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Sterling, who is a bit more well known, wrote for Wired, cyberpunk author, coins a lot of words for things that he thinks will exist in the future. But Sterling has lighter hair, and none of his Google images show him in a suit. Any thoughts?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:58 pm 
    Heh, I kinda had predicted this.

The perfect warlord spell was forged by the thinkmancers and predictmancers.

If the thinkmancers suddenly decided they wanted to take over, then the predictmancers wouldn't sit idly. Now that I think about it, they would be expecting the thinkmancer's "betrayal".

And like also said on the other update, the thinkmancers just think they know what's going on. Let's see how their egos hold when the predictmancers gank back on them! :twisted:

This update also proves that the perfect warlord conspiration did have a very considerable chunk of the magic kingdom involved.

Ditto wrote:
    Quote:
    Because it's no shame to live in the Magic Kingdom, unless you are a Predictamancer.

So I wonder what they're all doing there. Maybe they're all similarly sad and long in exile, or barbarians who quirkily made their way (as a predictamancer well might). But I don't imagine we're going to get much story on them, unless maybe as throwaway mentions in a future text update.

Better to live in shame in the magic kingdom than die in a last stand?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:01 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    :mrgreen: Wtf?!? The groundhog is a predictamancer? I guess it's obvious. Man these updates are taking forever but at least they are awesome. I feel bad for Janis, I mean Marie was supposed to be HER friend, now she's so obviously with Parson. I think there's going to be a bloodbath in the MK real soon! I belive Rob the Titan said this issue would be over in a few pages several pages ago but still no end in sight...

Spoiler: show
    Key lime pie is overrated. I want cheesecake!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:03 pm 
    BCCroaker wrote:

http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F011.jpg

Looks fairly island-ish. No references to its nature since that single image until now, though.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:42 pm 
    The predictamancers don't live in the MK. All the predictamancers knew this was coming. Much like Sizemore visted the park during his off-time, the predictamancers are all visiting off-turn.
    (I wonder how their rulers are going to react, though...)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:49 pm 
    I find it interesting that of the identified Predictomancers, one (Karnak) is an obvious fraud, another (Phil) is essentially a cultural joke, and the primary one (Marie) owes as much to Miss Cleo (also a fraud) as to historical mystic Marie Laveau. I continue to wonder whether Predictomancy is actually a reliable means of telling the future as opposed to an elaborate con-job meant to manipulate people into taking actions because they are made to believe in an inevitable future.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:01 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    What real, effective prophets have there been? Similarly, what on-screen, effective fictional prophets have there been? I can think of, like, the Time Prophet from Lexx. And, the Oracle from the Matix. Umm, that's it.

So we're left with the real ones, and they're ineffective or comedic in nature.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:22 pm 
    drachefly wrote:
    What real, effective prophets have there been? Similarly, what on-screen, effective fictional prophets have there been? I can think of, like, the Time Prophet from Lexx. And, the Oracle from the Matix. Umm, that's it.

So we're left with the real ones, and they're ineffective or comedic in nature.

Actually, Ray Kurzweil would make a real-life Predictamancer with an excellent track record for his predictions.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions