Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 68
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:05 pm 
Wanda and Jack together are really something. «Disband yourself.» Does popping your head through the portal count as entering? He didn't set foot on the place...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:07 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    teratorn wrote:
    Wanda and Jack together are really something. «Disband yourself.» Does popping your head through the portal count as entering? He didn't set foot on the place...

I think he is allowed to go to the Magic Kingdom from Jetstone, but isn't allowed to go to Jetstone from the Magic Kingdom. But since he didn't completely leave Jetstone, I think he found a gray area in the rules.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:08 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    its really rare for me to post something on the forums although i aways come here for the lulz.

but i really just need to get this one out of my chest:

Jack RULES. period.

that not only made my day, it made my week.

i just freaking love this comic!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:10 pm 
    The only thing better than this update is Rizban's new avatar and how quickly it was made.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:31 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    "Little fellow? Bit smaller than a palace?" - awesome.

Wanda not even looking up from her ibook when she answers "Yes" to the question of if it's worth waiting for Parson. Even more awesome.

Rizban's new avatar - Awesome Sauce.

I have a feeling that if the Thinkamancers continue to delay Parson, the next person through will be Wanda, and I somehow doubt that she will be anywhere near as polite as Jack is being.

Oh and we see more of Decrypted thinking for themselves, even in Wanda's presence. People don't usually hold conversations with sock puppets, if that's all Decrypted were then most of this comic wouldn't exist.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:42 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    kagato23 wrote:
    Rizban, I hate your new picture. Largely because it's wonderful and I didn't think of it.

It just popped right out at me... :P

Renion wrote:
    The only thing better than this update is Rizban's new avatar and how quickly it was made.

Thanks! I had to make it quick before someone else thought of it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:54 pm 
    Jack provides that third option, too (besides just being cooler than dry ice). He could veil Parson and provide the plausible deniability everyone needs to avoid a war in the MK.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:14 pm 
    Love the update. Jack is hilarious and, if he's planning on entering into the MK, it could lead to some crazy hijinks with Wanda/Parson before returning to Spacerock!

I hate to be that person, though, but there's an error in the 13th panel: the stems on the eighth notes are on the wrong side of the 'heads' (Musical; not Erfworldian-heads). If the heads of the notes are gonna be above the stems, the stems need to be on the left side. If the heads are going to be below the stems, the stems will need to be on the right side. Just a miiiinor nit-pick, but it's something that might wanna be fixed before the page goes to print! :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:16 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Well TGMTTA are not gonna like this, a powerful foolamancer is going to ruin their plans, something they never saw coming. Jack has spent his time well with Parson, now only if Wanda and other warlords would do the same. Yea this is going to change how every side views the MK and thinkamancers in general. I wonder how Parson will react when he sees Jack's head sticking through or find his enemies struggling against foolamancy. Superb update, I know I always say that but this was beyond anything recently!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:19 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    first off: "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Okay I'm done for now.

Anyway, when Jack says "Hello" in a singsongy voice, what popped into my mind was FRAN from Stargate: Atlantis. For those who don't know, she was created for one purpose: to destroy the entire evil micro-robot-race called the Replicators. When she beamed into their command center, she said a simple, singongy "Hello", everyone stared at her, and she activated her doomsday plan.

I'm now patiently awaiting MK's doomsday!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:20 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    First: Re: Rizban's avatar, execution is excellent and fun. I really need to resize my "that's how team gobwin rolls!" picture for an avvy...

Second: Jack is awesome, and educational at the same time!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:24 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Xin, the artwork was amazing this time. (Or more amazing than usually, its normally amazing, but this was amazing+)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:51 pm 
    This was special. Even Antium is somewhat impressive, behaving like a leader in the face of his new Mistress, which must be daunting.

Jack must be the most fun to write. Certainly to read.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:53 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I agree with everybody's observations on this, an awesome update!

Jack could definitely sneak Parson through the portal the GTTMA is not careful.

And yes, Jack is definitely learning from Parson, but he probably always was something of a lateral thinker. To be a master class foolamancer must require a keen understanding of the limits in other people's thinking. It's just two short steps to applying that to yourself, and then to the world itself.

Then I thought of him stacking with Marie and Janice, and then I thought of how terrifyingly powerful it would be to three-way link a thinkamancer, a predictamancer, and foolamancer. :shock: Any two of those linked could do some scary stuff.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:56 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    A unit using another kingdom's portal would shake the very foundations of the magic kingdom.
    And THIS is how the unwritten rule is broken. Bravo Jack, Bravo.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:58 pm 
    And go, Maggie! She definitely has a good point.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:58 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    What happened to the old speculation that the MK portals could be used if the opposing portal room were held rather than the entire city? If that hasn't been shot down conclusively, Jack's CMOA could solve the problem that way by demonstrating GK control of the Spacerock portal.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:59 pm 
    Jack also proves they won't be setting a big precedent since Parson is not invading the city, but merely joining his forces who already "control" the city.
    Its unlikely to trigger retaliation as GK controls Jetstone's portal.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:00 pm 
    Atomic wrote:
    I hate to be that person, though, but there's an error in the 13th panel: the stems on the eighth notes are on the wrong side of the 'heads' (Musical; not Erfworldian-heads). If the heads of the notes are gonna be above the stems, the stems need to be on the left side. If the heads are going to be below the stems, the stems will need to be on the right side. Just a miiiinor nit-pick, but it's something that might wanna be fixed before the page goes to print! :)

That's only on a bar. In comic authoring, the notes are generally floating and bouncing around in a singing bubble. Upside down, backwards, sideways, etc. (er, actually they are usually OUTside of a bubble in my experience, but whatever)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:06 pm 
    Ah, Jack. I heart you so much right now.

Also unrelated question, where can I get the Erfworldian font style?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions