Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 2 - Page 55
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:24 am 
cloudbreaker wrote:
Suitesned wrote:
I like the first and second panels showing Jetstone's frontline becoming GK's frontline.

I didn't notice this on my first read through, but on my second I did and was delighted for some reason. Maybe it is because it reminded me of when I used to play Ages of Empires II and would make an army of nothing but priests so I could convert the enemy's army to use it against them. Yeah, that's probably it.

Great update. Keep up the amazing work!

:) [Detail Spotted!]

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:33 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Book 1, Wanda tells Stanley he can't take treasury with him if he leaves GK to form a new side, and agrees.

Here we see treasury turned into gems.

What is to stop a side from turning treasury to gems and carrying them away when starting a new side and capital about to fall?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:34 am 
    OneHugeTuck wrote:
    1. Ha. Be discreet about digging a hole with a shovel!

he doesn't have to be discreet about digging the hole near his own gate.... he just has to be discreet about tunneling to someone ELSES gate.

So he digs a hole straight down from the gate, probably lowers his own gate down into the hole....

If anyone asks, he says that his gate didn't feel 'homey' enough or something.

then, when nobody is looking, he starts tunneling like mad beneath the ground, towards spacerock's gate.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:37 am 
    multilis wrote:
    Book 1, Wanda tells Stanley he can't take treasury with him if he leaves GK to form a new side, and agrees.

What is to stop a side from turning treasury to gems and carrying them away when starting a new side and capital about to fall?

stupidity? maybe the casters are very careful not to remind slately of that possibility, since it would make him more dangerous to his own side.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:37 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    multilis wrote:

I think only moneymancers can turn Schmuckers in to gems. Any ruler can turn gems into money.

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:39 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Krennson wrote:
    OneHugeTuck wrote:

he doesn't have to be discreet about digging the hole near his own gate.... he just has to be discreet about tunneling to someone ELSES gate.

So he digs a hole straight down from the gate, probably lowers his own gate down into the hole....

then, when nobody is looking, he starts tunneling like mad beneath the ground, towards spacerock's gate.

Except for the part where there's a bunch of gates all next to each other, with a bunch of casters standing around watching them.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:42 am 
    OneHugeTuck wrote:
    Krennson wrote:
    OneHugeTuck wrote:

Except for the part where there's a bunch of gates all next to each other, with a bunch of casters standing around watching them.

well, sizemore didn't know there was going to be a special gathering at that moment. things have changed since he left.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:46 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Good laugh on Panel 2: Antium finally getting Lacrosse to shut up once and for all, and I'm sure Lacrosse is scared by the broad smile Antium probably has. Love these funny little details in Xin's Art. Or is it Rob who's scripting them ?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:50 am 
    I love the expression on the female infantry, as she watches her warlord go down and then turn and attack her.. Priceless.
    OK, Moneymancers (at least) can convert schmuckers back to gems - how do the gems move to other sides, do they have to arrange a relay through the MK, or is there a mechanic for it.

Grimnir wrote:
    Wow. Now I realize that Jillian may have doomed both Jetstone and Transylvito when she jumped ship. Way to go, girl! :D

I Don't think that they're both going down. although the only real reason I can come up with is .. gulp... plot armor
    An Erfworld without either side would be GK, Jillian, Charlie, and a few minor players. now that would be boring.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:58 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Krennson wrote:

well, sizemore didn't know there was going to be a special gathering at that moment. things have changed since he left.

Remember the first time Parson went through?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:01 am 
    OneHugeTuck wrote:
    Krennson wrote:

Remember the first time Parson went through?

I assumed that we missed the first five minutes of that standoff, where all the mages quickly gathered to stare and point weapons. Wanda and Sizemore leaving the magic kingdom early in book one had much fewer bystanders.

http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F013.jpg only shows one or two mages at the park at any time, and they mostly have their own business to attend to.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:05 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Snowtitan wrote:
    OK, Moneymancers (at least) can convert schmuckers back to gems - how do the gems move to other sides, do they have to arrange a relay through the MK, or is there a mechanic for it.

im assuming they will send it by hat. if you can pass notes with them, a gem might be possible as it could fit.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:10 am 
    slb wrote:
    Good laugh on Panel 2: Antium finally getting Lacrosse to shut up once and for all, and I'm sure Lacrosse is scared by the broad smile Antium probably has. Love these funny little details in Xin's Art. Or is it Rob who's scripting them ?

I thought that's who that was; you beat me to it! :mrgreen:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:14 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Looks like it's time for an unhealty dose of predicatmancy!

So in order: Benjamin have a chat with Caesar, Caesar make a coup against Don and win, Jetstone is denied money to promote Tram, Ossomer Turn back to Jetstone seeing his brother/ father in imminent danger of becoming something he started loathing, Slately Get killed, Ossomer become ruler of Jestone, Wanda is pissed off to have lost a puppet, Tram make a joke about Ossomer's sense of fashion having recovered... I doubt I can guess anything that far.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:17 am 
    konmanrocks wrote:
    Snowtitan wrote:

im assuming they will send it by hat. if you can pass notes with them, a gem might be possible as it could fit.

Assumptions are the mother of all bloopups

Also does anybody else think that that light fitting behind Ben is moving. in Panel 8 it appears to be looking towards King Don, while in the last panel, it's looking directly at the 'camera'

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:23 am 
    Caeser might just surprise us by approving of the loan. Its unlikely hes much of a fan of slately the idiot afterall, his heir is probably better, no?

Though he may take control of Transylvito as payment. Would he make the side more effective I wonder? It could be the turning point in the war, having Caeser and Tramenis knocking heads together.

Last edited by Tesslyn on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:25 am 
    slb wrote:

[Detail Spotted!].. okay, if I do that every time, I'll be spamming. I love that people really do pick up on these things, though. There's a number of these things for people with good eyes and good memories.

It's my honor to help Xin and I'm glad people appreciate the contribution.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:25 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Tesslyn wrote:
    Caeser might just surprise us by approving of the loan. Its unlikely hes much of a fan of slately the idiot afterall, his heir is probably better, no?

Better maybe, but Caesar has no reason to want Jetstone to stay on the map...

Spoiler: show
    Don's last word: Et tu, Caesar?[/irony]

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:46 am 
    multilis wrote:

Chances are, that was because Stanley doesn't have a moneymancer in his employ.

One of the main benefits of a moneymancer may be the ability to convert it to different currencies, or gems, that can be transferred and taken freely.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:49 am 
    Tyrilean wrote:
    multilis wrote:

Chances are, that was because Stanley doesn't have a moneymancer in his employ.

One of the main benefits of a moneymancer may be the ability to convert it to different currencies, or gems, that can be transferred and taken freely.

Or the Gem would have been so big he couldn't have taken it with him... Nha forget it, it would make too much sense.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions