Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:47 am 
This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
I confess, I haven't read all of the threads in the forum, so bear with me if this has been discussed elsewhere.

We know that if a decrypted unit is killed, it dusts (which is why I said "killed" and not "croaked"). Thus Wanda cannot decrypt the same unit twice.

When the Arkenpliers, in the hands of an untuned wielder, touch an uncroaked unit, the uncroaked unit dusts.

Were Wanda to touch an uncroaked unit (uncroaked by a different Croakamancer, that is) with the Arkenpliers, what would be the effect? And if Wanda were to wield the Arkenpliers upon a wounded decrypted unit, what would be the result?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:48 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Drongo wrote:
    When Sylvia took a dive there were no arrows in the sky.

Good point.

LOVED LOVED LOVED this update!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:50 am 
    Yahoo Messenger: tick_72000@yahoo.com
    It's never happened in-comic but I can't see why it wouldn't destory it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:55 am 
    Hm...

F = Th
    (As in Erf is Earth)

Fud = Thud.

Nicely named. If my logic is correct.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:23 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Heh, GK gets a sniper.
    Ansan Gotti wrote:
    Drongo wrote:
    When Sylvia took a dive there were no arrows in the sky.

Good point.

Indeed, nice catch!

Also, it sounds like we have one confirmed answer to the question of "why can't 1 archer kill every unit in an airspace by refusing to end his turn?" ... finite number of arrows.

The arrow retrieval opens up the possibility for JS waiting to end turn until all of their arrows were stuck in something in the airspace though... assuming that there is time enough (if time is even an issue), and assuming that they killed enough of the yellows in the first couple of volleys that they can risk sending troops below them to scavenge... clearly not an option anymore!

I loved the "Fud had less than 1 order to follow" bit. Does this mean the hobgobwin culture hasn't invented the concept of zero yet?

Oh, and more fuel for the Worf effect conversations: a dwagon is in bad shape after 10 arrows, but here we see a megalogwiff that's bummed out over being impaled by 10 spears. http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/ ... -04-21.jpg

Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:24 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    "Fud = Thud"

Fud refers to Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt... term used for microsoft.

Therefore GK=Microsoft.

Jetstone=Apple
    Royal means OS based on Unix.

Charlie=Google

The battlefield is for control of internet in the future. Great western conflict is mostly among western software makers (Apple/Microsoft and many others are in west coast of US, other important software powers have grown in asia and africa, and europe by then)

Parson got in a car accident and fell into a coma, was dreaming about his former real life gaming, then got hooked up to an experimental computer to try and get him out of coma. AI computer programs in "magic kingdom", hacked into the the hospital network, through the hospitals internet gateway router, and are using Parson's brain power.

:lol:

Last edited by multilis on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:34 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    effataigus wrote:
    Oh, and more fuel for the Worf effect conversations: a dwagon is in bad shape after 10 arrows, but here we see a megalogwiff that's bummed out over being impaled by 10 spears.

Not '10 arrows'. 'More than 10 arrows'. Considering this Hobgobwin is not acquainted with the concept of 'zero', it's not unreasonable to suppose he also isn't aquainted with numbers such as 'twenty' or 'thirty' or 'seventeen thousand'.

Not that that dwagon was struck by seventeen thousand arrows, just sayin'.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:37 pm 
    effataigus wrote:
    Oh, and more fuel for the Worf effect conversations: a dwagon is in bad shape after 10 arrows, but here we see a megalogwiff that's bummed out over being impaled by 10 spears. http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/ ... -04-21.jpg

The dwagon also got damage from the fall.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:47 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    And the ensuing melee against ground units in a stack of unspecified size. Note that Fud's numerical estimation ability is poor, so we can't really count on 'some' as having any particular meaning other than 'more than 1'. The text does imply that there were at least 4, since I do expect Fud to be able to distinguish 1 from 2.

Last edited by drachefly on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:47 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Yes! Sylvia. :D

She is amazing. And I like Fud.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:15 pm 
    teratorn wrote:
    effataigus wrote:

we also don't know the comparative damage of spears vs arrows. Their is a lot of bonuses in both to guess at.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:30 pm 
    Yahoo Messenger: grixit
    PurpleLemur wrote:
    Hm...

F = Th
    (As in Erf is Earth)

Fud = Thud.

Nicely named. If my logic is correct.

I still perfer my idea of a Firesign Theater reference, albeit no one else seems to have thought so.

Could it be that the Firesign Theater is no longer a given in geek culture? Will Monty Python be next?

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
    . . . . . . Dr Pepper
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:48 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    How I felt about this update: Loved it. :)

And "Captain Archer" = awesome, lol, I didn't even notice that the first time. (I guess I am the only geek who liked Enterprise.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:53 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Captian Archer is actually a joint refrence, as he looks like a combonation of

Archer

And

Archer

His apperance and clothing has aspects of both Archers.

-Hair from Fate/Stay Nights, Face from star Trek.
    -Shoulder patches from Star Trek, things like the ends of his sleeves and waist-cloak are from Fate/Stay nights

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:57 pm 
    Beeskee wrote:
    How I felt about this update: Loved it. :)

And "Captain Archer" = awesome, lol, I didn't even notice that the first time. (I guess I am the only geek who liked Enterprise.)

Judging by the ratings it recieved that sounds about right :D I loved fate stay night.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:04 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    It lasted a season longer than the original Star Trek. :D

It had some great episodes, (Future Tense) and some not-so-great ones. (Evil alien time-travelling space nazis... ugh)

Last edited by Beeskee on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:08 pm 
    the_tick_rules wrote:
    teratorn wrote:
    effataigus wrote:

we also don't know the comparative damage of spears vs arrows. Their is a lot of bonuses in both to guess at.

Also also, I wonder if gwiffs and megalogwiffs don't get a special resistance to impalement damage since, well, they have a marshmellow center. After all, Jillian rather impulsively captured Ansom just by dropping her megalo onto him when he was nestled amidst a group of pikers. While I don't think much of her as a strategist, I can't believe she'd have done that so casually if her mount was likely to take significant stabbing damage.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:11 pm 
    Beeskee wrote:
    It lasted a season longer than the original Star Trek. :D

Yeah, but on UPN instead of NBC. I imagine a test pattern on NBC would get better ratings than UPN's highest rated programming.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:17 pm 
    I watched them all online. Probably another reason why geeky shows do poorly in ratings.

On-topic: "The stone floor, solid as a rulebook"... Is Sylvia thinking this? If so, does that mean Erfworld has an actual rulebook somewhere in the popped libraries that Parson missed? Or do units have a concept of rulebooks without them actually existing? (That would be weird, since they have no concept of children.) Or is this flavor text by the author and not actually indicative of something that exists in Erfworld?

Oh, and warlords can lead other warlords. "...his (Captain Archer, a warlord) ranged attacks plus her leadership..." Nifty.

Last edited by Beeskee on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:33 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    the_tick_rules wrote:
    The arrows have a chief warlord bonus and the dittomancy backing them up. There were more than ten. And it seems to me like the megalogwiff has about ten spears. Also the megalogwiff was definitly not okay. So we don't really know how much damage the dwagon took comparitivly, but it seemed to be in better shape.
    Regardless this is difficult to make a comparision.

And these warlords don't seem very bright. They again just handed themselves to the enemy. Thats a truely poor move.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions