Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 184
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:57 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 184
     Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:03 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Seems like we're sifting out the bad ideas, almost in response to fan input to get to Balder's own, more satisfying conclusion

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:05 pm 
    Huzzah for not mass-murdering all of TV! Now what are the odds he makes it back to his cell without being seen by at least Vanna? Anyone? My bracer's broken at the moment.

Unrelated: any guesses as to why Jed is upset about the portal shockamancy? That is, whether he's upset at a perversion of the portal, or upset that he can't do it too?

Finally, that picture...D'awww, Maggionette looks so happy!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:05 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    It's not difficult to be a better person than Hamster, but it was still a nice thing to say.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:10 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Aw, she hugged him! Sort of. Through an intermediary. Kind of like when your folks call, and before you hang up they tell you to hug your kids for them.

Also, I like Sizemore's shoes. Sometimes it's the little details that get me. Like his little cup, with the eyes looking down at whatever he's digging.

I just realized, Parson can't grow facial hair. I mean, unless as a prisoner he auto-shaves or something? I dunno, I guess in my head he should have whiskers by now.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:16 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    That's fucking adorable.

Full Image.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:16 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Crisco wrote:
    Unrelated: any guesses as to why Jed is upset about the portal shockamancy? That is, whether he's upset at a perversion of the portal, or upset that he can't do it too?

Jed is supposedly an awakened primordial aspect of Erfworld, the natural order personified. I assume he would view breaking Erfworld game rules as tantamount to sacrilege. Particularly because it would require modifying part of himself as the Portal resides in the main tower.

Last edited by Axiom on Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:17 pm 
    Taejang wrote:
    Aw, she hugged him! Sort of. Through an intermediary. Kind of like when your folks call, and before you hang up they tell you to hug your kids for them.

Also, I like Sizemore's shoes. Sometimes it's the little details that get me. Like his little cup, with the eyes looking down at whatever he's digging.

I just realized, Parson can't grow facial hair. I mean, unless as a prisoner he auto-shaves or something? I dunno, I guess in my head he should have whiskers by now.

I'm pretty sure shaving is part of the automatic daily cleansing, along with hair staying kempt, holes in clothes being mended, etc etc. It probably takes a signamancer or significant personality change to start actually growing facial hair on Erf, instead of having it auto-shave.

ETA: for example, Tramennis. He started growing some stubble when he became king, and it seems like it gets a touch thicker every time we see him in a new update. At the beginning of book 2, he was clean shaven.

Last edited by Crisco on Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:20 pm 
    Glad we aren't murdering TV. I'll get on the train for people who think something will happen before they reach their cell. Vanna, or possibly another unit intercepting them.

Messing with their portal is a top priority? Interesting. Sure, the implications are amazing, especially given what we know about Charlie's secret underground bunker. But I'd think the guns would be more important, myself. And, I dunno, tanks. I mean, if guns are available, why not tanks, artillery, plastic explosives, grenades, radios (to bypass Charlie's thinkamancy spying), radar, planes, mechanized troop transport (like APCs), spy drones, oh how the list goes on.

And Parson still hasn't explored Jed's possibilities.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:20 pm 
    How is it that Parson is able to figure out what combination of casters can produce an effect better than the combined efforts of the Magic Kingdom? Did a bunch of casters independently figure out that a Carny was required and not share that information?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:22 pm 
    Parson really needs to find a side with a non-barbarian Carny to ally with.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:25 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    Axiom wrote:
    Crisco wrote:

Jed is supposedly an awakened primordial aspect of Erfworld, the natural order personified. I assume he would view breaking Erfworld game rules as tantamount to sacrilege. Particularly because it would require modified part of himself as the Portal resides in the main tower.

I kinda figured it was either that or because he wants the Portal to be rugged so units can go through in order to protect him or he found the idea of rigging it to be a fun challenge. Now that invasions through Portals are a thing, he is probably terrified of being attacked through one. A little preventive measures may calm his mind, like when he got Stanley to get the Juggle Knights. On the other hand, like you said, he may see rigging a Portal to be an abomination onto the Titans.

Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:27 pm 
    decius wrote:
    How is it that Parson is able to figure out what combination of casters can produce an effect better than the combined efforts of the Magic Kingdom? Did a bunch of casters independently figure out that a Carny was required and not share that information?

Well, it seems obvious that the Carnies would know about it, but it'd be in their best interest to collectively not share. The Dirtamancers may know it shouldn't be within their power to do it, but could just as easily believe that Claud came up with some trick they hadn't thought of. Everyone else likely doesn't know enough about either/both disciplines to put two and two together, based on what we've seen so far. Casters, by and large, seem to be mostly ignorant of others' talents.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:29 pm 
    Crisco wrote:
    decius wrote:

Well, it seems obvious that the Carnies would know about it, but it'd be in their best interest to collectively not share. The Dirtamancers may know it shouldn't be within their power to do it, but could just as easily believe that Claud came up with some trick they hadn't thought of. Everyone else likely doesn't know enough about either/both disciplines to put two and two together, based on what we've seen so far. Casters, by and large, seem to be mostly ignorant of others' talents.

Which is why, if I were Parson with a huge budget, I'd immediately full-time hire at least one caster of every discipline and start a Think Tank. Brain Trust. Erfworld's School for Gifted Gobwins. Or whatever they want to call it.

Not that he's had time lately, but even before getting 40 million, that would have been far higher on my priority list than Parson made it.

Last edited by Taejang on Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:30 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    ManaCaster wrote:

We don't need a non-barbarian. We have the perfect candidate for recruitment in Lady Dove Barstool which is why I really want Digdoug to show up. He could inform Parson that Dove may be willing to negotiate.

Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:31 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    This is the cutest page of Erfworld yet.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Thecommander236 wrote:
    That's fucking adorable.

Indeed. Not to mention that I also like Parson's expression there. :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    decius wrote:

Parson is more aware of what Charlie can do because he's one of the few people who knows that Charlie is a carnymancer. The Great Minds didn't know until Parson told them. I don't think Bonnie knew either. It seems that information was limited to the FFF.

Also, it seems like tri-caster links aren't done all that often. This would be why the MK isn't fully aware of what carnymancy + other discipline tri-caster links can do. Tri-caster links seems relatively dangerous for the casters involved (at risk of mind-scramble). GK has been able to get around that by having the services of the Great Minds at their disposable to unravel links for free, but it doesn't seem like something that other sides or free casters typically dabble in just for curiosity's sake.

EDIT: Plus, the link requires a thinkamancer. Imagine two free casters saying to a thinkamancer that they wanted to be linked so that they could learn more about magic. The Great Minds would probably shut that shit down fast.

ManaCaster wrote:

If I knew how the betting system worked, I'd be willing to bet that the TV heir will pop as either a dirtamancer or a carnymancer.

Last edited by Axiom on Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:32 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Damm. Jus Daaaaw. I'm not a big maggie x parson shipper or anything, but some things are just cute period. This is one of them.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:33 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Thecommander236 wrote:
    Axiom wrote:
    Crisco wrote:

Jed is supposedly an awakened primordial aspect of Erfworld, the natural order personified. I assume he would view breaking Erfworld game rules as tantamount to sacrilege. Particularly because it would require modified part of himself as the Portal resides in the main tower.

I kinda figured it was either that or because he wants the Portal to be rugged so units can go through in order to protect him or he found the idea of rigging it to be a fun challenge. Now that invasions through Portals are a thing, he is probably terrified of being attacked through one. A little preventive measures may calm his mind, like when he got Stanley to get the Juggle Knights. On the other hand, like you said, he may see rigging a Portal to be an abomination onto the Titans.

Fear of invasion wouldn't make Jed reluctant to have a rigged Portal. They've always worked that any type of unit can exit the MK through any of the Portals in Portal Park into any Capital City. This is how things like the tiny army men scouts exited the MK to take up scouting positions around Spacerock. All that rigging the Portal in your city means it that non-casters can enter the MK from that spot. I suspect that Jed didn't like the idea because he just plain thinks it's wrong.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions