Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:50 am 
This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Man, I'm liking more and more the theory that "Special" includes immunity/resistance to Natural Thinkamancy. What a great way to end the book.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:31 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    This was a stellar finish. Kudos to both of you, Jamie and Rob!

melhelix wrote:
    Hmm, when you throw the rulebook of warfare courtesies out the window things always get horrifying and gruesome.

You ought to perhaps reword that to "When you have warfare things always get horrifying and gruesome." ;)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:37 am 
    Made of Win.

Infidel wrote:
    Hrm, his scabbard dissapeared.

No, he leaves it on the ground behind him in the last panel.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:41 am 
    Thank the maker for summer updates, because the Fall is so far away.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:42 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Un-booping-believable! That was awesome. I've been following this comic almost daily since around page 35. I can't wait for the summer updates to begin and for a chance to buy the book.

Just Wow. Loved it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:11 am 
    Dear Rob and Jamie. You rock. you really, really do.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:46 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Holy boop! err... shit!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:20 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Maybe now that PArson has both literally and symbolically foresaken the sword his career as a hippimancer will start and grow.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:29 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    atteSmythe wrote:
    Man, I'm liking more and more the theory that "Special" includes immunity/resistance to Natural Thinkamancy. What a great way to end the book.

Maybe Parson is a weak shockamancer :) and that was his first 'spell'.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:03 am 
    After reading the post on GiantITP I regret not posting sooner. To think that we might not have seen the end of book 1 because of my lazy lurking! I *love* what has been done with the story and characters. I eagerly await every instalment and I even own merchandise. I suspect that the first batch of complainers were not big on reading outside of the web, because the story struck me as one of the type that results in the most immersive kind of story. You are thrown into a world without preamble (much like Parson) and you must run to keep up.

Fantastic job, Rob and Jamie, there is greatness here.

-Alias

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:08 am 
    WLM: mooseodeath@hotmail.com
    parson is a warlord, he's not any kind of caster. there doesn't appear to ever be any crossover in those classes or else wanda would have put sizemore or herself as chiefwarlord. both being master level mancers in their fields. she summoned the perfect warlord, the stupid meals fixed the "mistake" the summoning spell made, to make the perfect warlord, at the end of the trip to the magic kingdom parson is told it's no place for warlords.

so much evidence tells us he's a warlord, only ONE tells us he's a caster and we've never once seen any evidence to suggest it's truthful. only that it's the peaceful alternative at that moment.

my guess is his special is that he's not bound by the rules all erfworlders are bound by. it's a simple but powerful thing. if you weren't bound by your nations laws what could YOU achieve?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:13 am 
    Location: Mass Hysteria, Chicago, IL, USA, Earth, Reality, Sanity
    moose o death wrote:
    my guess is his special is that he's not bound by the rules all erfworlders are bound by. it's a simple but powerful thing. if you weren't bound by your nations laws what could YOU achieve?

Just look what James Bond pulls off with a license to kill.

No, no, Misty is Uncle Ben; Bogroll is Gwen Stacy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:06 am 
    So Parson doesn't consider himself a gamepiece. He's a player. What does he consider the Erfworld inhabitants around him then?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:37 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Ambug666 wrote:
    So Parson doesn't consider himself a gamepiece. He's a player. What does he consider the Erfworld inhabitants around him then?

People. That's one of his his special strengths. He might crusade to eventually break everyone out of their defined roles and make Erfworld more like Earth. Getting there will be very ugly, however, and fraught with moral peril. This such a good setup for the second book.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:52 am 
    TOTAL WAR

Humanity's final, destructive achievement, and Parson has just invented it. :shock:

It seems that Erfworld will be eliminated quickly and easily when Parson orders his men to move at night...

But throwing away the sword? What a STUPID thing to do. Now he has no weapon during combat, unless he...

*bum bum bum!* finds another Tool!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:25 pm 
    : :o

Awesome finish! Now, quick, start making book 2! Don't you dare take a break on us! :P
    Anyways, thanks for an awesome comic.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:40 pm 
    Alias wrote:
    After reading the post on GiantITP I regret not posting sooner. To think that we might not have seen the end of book 1 because of my lazy lurking!

Try going there and reading the first days of posting. I'm glad the authors were not discouraged by all of that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:47 pm 
    Dragonchampion wrote:
    But throwing away the sword? What a STUPID thing to do.

On the contrary: first off, it's a symbolic rejection of war itself. Parson will continue fighting, but he'll do so with a clear goal in mind, not simply fighting for fighting's sake, which is what the entire realm of Erfworld is currently experiencing. Secondly, Parson should never be on the front lines, ever. He's not a warrior, he's a tactician.

The sword grants fighting ability (useless, because if the enemy is close enough to strike him, he's made some horrible mistakes), leadership (not required, since Ansom's level 10 bonus is far better), and Ruthlessness, which Parson is rejecting. Parson may do horrible things in the future, but he needs his reluctance to do them, so that he will always be seeking a better way to resolve the issue, and only resort to violence if there is no other way.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:43 pm 
    MarbitChow wrote:
    Dragonchampion wrote:
    But throwing away the sword? What a STUPID thing to do.

On the contrary: first off, it's a symbolic rejection of war itself. Parson will continue fighting, but he'll do so with a clear goal in mind, not simply fighting for fighting's sake, which is what the entire realm of Erfworld is currently experiencing. Secondly, Parson should never be on the front lines, ever. He's not a warrior, he's a tactician.

The sword grants fighting ability (useless, because if the enemy is close enough to strike him, he's made some horrible mistakes), leadership (not required, since Ansom's level 10 bonus is far better), and Ruthlessness, which Parson is rejecting. Parson may do horrible things in the future, but he needs his reluctance to do them, so that he will always be seeking a better way to resolve the issue, and only resort to violence if there is no other way.

Yeah but, it was a nice sword.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:44 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    moose o death wrote:
    parson is a warlord, he's not any kind of caster. there doesn't appear to ever be any crossover in those classes or else wanda would have put sizemore or herself as chiefwarlord. both being master level mancers in their fields. she summoned the perfect warlord, the stupid meals fixed the "mistake" the summoning spell made, to make the perfect warlord, at the end of the trip to the magic kingdom parson is told it's no place for warlords.

so much evidence tells us he's a warlord, only ONE tells us he's a caster and we've never once seen any evidence to suggest it's truthful. only that it's the peaceful alternative at that moment.

I'm just wondering what makes people think a caster couldn't be promoted to warlord? It probably never happens since casters have other jobs to do and they don't have the right stats for it, but it still might be possible. I think it is one of those things people in erfworld just don't do. Just like people in the real world don't make mayonnaise flavored cakes, but they could.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions