Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:21 pm 
Just wanted to say "Bravo!"

Excellent story!

I can't wait for the next book!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:23 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool
    "Parson...did what he _had_ to do - for Erf! An entire Royal Crown Coalition obliterated, and an Arkentool! He had no choice ... Erfworld. It's finished."
    "No; I think it's just getting started."

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:24 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    It's on now.
    Simply stunning.

Hmm, when you throw the rulebook of warfare courtesies out the window things always get horrifying and gruesome. I fully expect Parson to be doing things like *le gasp* walking outside his hex, at night! :D

Can't wait for the mini-updates during summer, book two during autumn, and a chance to purchase book one. :mrgreen:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:29 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Game. On. Fall cannot come too soon!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:35 pm 
    I... I don't know if I would have come up with that. It needed to be done, and I missed it. Boop, I feel embarrassed.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:53 pm 
    Yahoo Messenger: tick_72000@yahoo.com
    Aww, the sword was cool.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:58 pm 
    I cant help but notice, that he broke free from the panels. The last page he is no longer confined to Erfworld's boxes.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:01 pm 
    He finally did it - he threw away the sword.

So, just what is Parson now, if he's no longer a warlord unit? Can't wait to find out in Book 2.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:18 pm 
    WLM: mooseodeath@hotmail.com
    the sword doesn't make him a warlord

he's still a warlord, but he may have just defected. he may now be considered his own side and thus language filter is set by him now.

the next story is said to be a "narrative distance" so i don't think it's going to start with stanley showing up and being happy/furious. i get the feeling some short stories will explain all that and kick the story off in a very different way.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:31 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Gamebreaker indeed.

Look out, Charlie. You woke a giant with your meddling.

And he's pissed.

Order of the Stick #657

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:39 pm 
    I find it odd people are speculating that he broke the rules. Then again, with no rules obviously stated we'll never know.

Was it a bad idea to throw away a magical item/artifact (dont know if it counts as made by people from erf) that in technicality is property of his side without express permission from stanley; yes. Doesn't mean he broke any actual rules. Heck if he's following the rules of obedience and believes throwing away the sword better serves his side then him keeping it, then he's following them.

Is it against the rules to use naughty language? Hey I dont think so. Heck there aren't even any children in erfworld, everyone is a mature adult here, who are we censoring things from!? Oh wait, nobles. =p We all saw how great that turned out when they got together to pick on the uncouth commoner who had risen to power. XD

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:56 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Nebulious wrote:
    We've seen somewhat colored language from Jillian and Wanda before.

*Laughs HARD at the probably unintentional pun.* Sizemore had a rather pretty-looking "NSFW" attack, too. XD

Seriously, though. Parson's rant reminds me of Great Teacher Largo's rant in Megatokyo about "I will not teach NPCs." He got what he thought he wanted when he was first summoned. In Erfworld, he got what Erf thought he needed. Only now is Parson saying, "Ok, screw the rules. I am not an NPC. I am a PLAYER. You don't tell me what to do, I tell YOU!" SO EPIC!

June 4th can't come soon enough.

I am the Barbarian Gamer. I can roam. I can explore. I am free to make purchases or returns or forum posts of whatever I please. I'm here for the same reasons you are. One, this interests me. And two? I love Erfworld. May the Titans help me.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:58 pm 
    Oh well Parson, you can curse all you want you're still trapped inside the damn place and bound
    to give us at least another book.

Nice finale.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:59 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    BeelzebubIV wrote:
    I cant help but notice, that he broke free from the panels. The last page he is no longer confined to Erfworld's boxes.

Yup, page 135 and this.

Hrm, his scabbard dissapeared.

Unbreakable. Does not receive leadership penalties, Loyalty, or morale hits due to delays, imperfections, vacations, breaks, filler days, or retcons. All such debuffs, if somehow applied, are reduced to 0. - ShaneTheBrain

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:00 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    teratorn wrote:
    Oh well Parson, you can curse all you want you're still trapped inside the damn place and bound
    to give us at least another book.

*Smashes a pumpkin.* "Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage..." ;)

I am the Barbarian Gamer. I can roam. I can explore. I am free to make purchases or returns or forum posts of whatever I please. I'm here for the same reasons you are. One, this interests me. And two? I love Erfworld. May the Titans help me.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:17 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Location: Mass Hysteria, Chicago, IL, USA, Earth, Reality, Sanity
    Erfworld gave him the sword to make Parson its "Perfect Warlord." Looks like Parson's done being what the world made him into.

"You didn't wish for this world, Parson Gotti. It wished for you."

Be careful what you wish for, indeed.

No, no, Misty is Uncle Ben; Bogroll is Gwen Stacy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:35 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    raphfrk wrote:
    The Dark Fiddler wrote:
    I can't stop thinking about how Parson dropped an f-bomb.

Also, notice the pause. It is like he expected to be censored. "Fuck" <oh that worked> "... you".

Maybe the "I am a player" comment disables the language filter.

I think the ... represents the effort of throwing the sword. ### throw you!

Unbreakable. Does not receive leadership penalties, Loyalty, or morale hits due to delays, imperfections, vacations, breaks, filler days, or retcons. All such debuffs, if somehow applied, are reduced to 0. - ShaneTheBrain

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:37 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Even with this "release" Parson is still a "Stranger in a Strange Land" he is still there, and he still has work to do if he is going to fulfill what Janis's Prophecy for him. It is the first real alone moment for him and he rages against the system just like he would do back at Kinkos yet lacks the courage to do so. Erf caused Parson to see the if "fanatsy were reality" of his lifestyle would be not to his liking even when he supposedly created it. As Ashna said in that page it is not healthy for you. http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F016.jpg panel 5 and she was so right.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:56 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Totally brilliant. Well done!

So parson overcame the thinkamancy he was laboring under. I guess that is similar to how Jillian broke Wanda's suggestion spell. Since Wanda also cast the summoning spell, I hope she doesn't get a backlash. :-(

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:01 am 
    Nice to see Parson finally return the world's constant "fuck you," and with some interest.

Rob: a masterfully told story. I haven't read something as good, in any format, in quite some time.

Jamie: excellent, truly spectacular art. Your inspired choices and subtle touches took Erfworld from great to something really special.

I'm sad to see the first book end, even though it's on such a great note. I have that bittersweet heartache I remember from the end of a teenage summer romance.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions