Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 2 – Page 43
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:18 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
WLM: zilfallon@hotmail.com
I don't believe razing 2 cities will provide enough funds to pay all those megalogwiffs, caster, warlords, even without Jetstone turning to Faq.

You know... at this point you boops aren't beating dead horses any more. You're making glue.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:44 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    zilfallon wrote:
    I don't believe razing 2 cities will provide enough funds to pay all those megalogwiffs, caster, warlords, even without Jetstone turning to Faq.

To me it seemed like it would, for a turn or two or three. Not anything long-term, but enough to keep them alive for the time being (long enough for them to be used in another battle).

We really have no idea how much money sacking a city gives, do we. Has there been any indication to date?

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:51 pm 
    ftl wrote:
    zilfallon wrote:

To me it seemed like it would, for a turn or two or three. Not anything long-term, but enough to keep them alive for the time being (long enough for them to be used in another battle).

We really have no idea how much money sacking a city gives, do we. Has there been any indication to date?
    20 000 Schmuckers for Kona or one of the Jitterati cities. Which might be enough to support Tram and Tram alone long-term.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:10 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Nihila wrote:
    ftl wrote:
    zilfallon wrote:

20 000 Schmuckers for Kona or one of the Jitterati cities. Which might be enough to support Tram and Tram alone long-term.

OK, that gives us an idea then! Parson's upkeep is 1000/turn, archons are 200/turn. 20,000 from a single GK city seems like it support a small army for a few turns, a large army for one turn, or a single important unit (an heir or Chief warlord) for a long time (20 turns or so).

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:28 pm 
    Parson's upkeep is also VERY unusually high, so he's more than likely among the highest costing GK units for upkeep...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:41 pm 
    The thought strikes me. On the basis of Tram's proposal at present, Parson could accept, then next turn when they're supposed to 'leave', make a surprise strike at Spacerock anyway. Pay the million schmucker penalty, and take it back when they capture the city and take the treasury.

In terms of upkeep, GK had a huge army in Book 1, 5 casters, 8 warlords, 50+ dragons. After buying Parson, they only had around 150k schmuckers left, and had more than enough (including income from the capital city) to pay for the army for the next few turns or so. Jillian's force is significantly smaller, only the one caster (which we know from her text update is significantly more expensive than other units, due to her 'OMG i haz a caster!' thoughts), and she has three cities to help fund upkeep.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:15 pm 
    Yahoo Messenger: tick_72000@yahoo.com
    If they have that much. We dunno how credit works in erf. I dunno if you can spend more than you have. They have alot of expenses each turn but they also have revenue coming in each turn. Do we know how deep their pockets really are?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:29 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    From trams POV they are probably a lot lower on Shmuckers than they really seem to be. Tram probably believes that those dwagons were popped via cash and didn't think about a super farm. He probably doesn't realize the decrypted don't require money. He probably hasn't considered that every new city rebuilt was done via Sizemore. He certainly doesn't realize that GK came into a few million worth of gems.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:40 am 
    the_tick_rules wrote:
    If they have that much. We dunno how credit works in erf. I dunno if you can spend more than you have. They have alot of expenses each turn but they also have revenue coming in each turn. Do we know how deep their pockets really are?

They're probably the richest side in Erfworld as at the end of Book 1. Given that they didn't pop the dwagons (if there's any popping cost), and that their strike force is primarily Decrypted units and dwagons, it's entirely likely that they still have a huge pool of schmuckers at their disposal. Or, Sizemore can just go down and dig a few more gems. He can do that off turn (see early Summer Updates).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:48 pm 
    Guppy wrote:
    robak wrote:
    joosy wrote:
    and when they traced the packet they found it was coming from 127.0.0.0!!! (Horror stories adapted for nerds)

:lol: *Thbpppt* Nerd!

A nerd, indeed. Now, a geek would have been able to tell you that the loopback device can be addressed via the entire 127.0.0.0/8 network. :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions