Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 317
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:42 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 317
     Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:45 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    DOOM has come, it seems.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:46 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    So at the very least they can get into the below-bedrock area... Can they get non-casters through yet?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:46 pm 
    IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Can anyone go hunt down the portal color for spacerock? Does it match that green?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:47 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent Shiny Red Star Mined 4 Erf
    Deissac breaks the portal collar for Spacerock? Now they can rescue Wanda, or in reverse, Wanda can come home!

Thank you to Yshl's daughter for my new avatar. I love it! 3/4/2018

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:48 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent Shiny Red Star Mined 4 Erf
    Requiem_Jeer wrote:
    Can anyone go hunt down the portal color for spacerock? Does it match that green?

It does.

Thank you to Yshl's daughter for my new avatar. I love it! 3/4/2018

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:51 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Well, that's one way to do it. Also: no Jillian update! Yay!

"The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think."
    --Horace Walpole

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:55 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    I guess that's confirmation that the Arkenshoes are NOT in play right now? On the other hand, that bracer looks kind of interesting....

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:56 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    Explode everything Star Child. For the greater good. The greater good...

Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:57 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool!
    Cinder39134 wrote:
    I guess that's confirmation that the Arkenshoes are NOT in play right now? On the other hand, that bracer looks kind of interesting....

I... what? The arkenshoes were never in play, this was in doubt? There was a whole update about how Parson came back, very explicitly detailing it, not a dozen pages ago.

And that bracer has been a big thing since book 1 o.o;;

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:58 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Red or green? The easy way or the hard way?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:00 am 
    Another awesome strip.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but the signamancy of the towers (temples?) themselves is incredibly ominous. The civilization that built the heads on Easter Island (at least in popular culture if not in fact) were ruined because all the resources spent building the heads left a once rich island a desolate wasteland. All this talk about tapping into the energy of the "source" makes me very concerned about the potential of a finite resource being exhausted. Remember that when Parson first saw the tower http://archives.erfworld.com/Book+3/54
    He remembers something about the islanders using their resources to build the towers and then dying out. Something similar could very well happen to Erfworld.

I cannot look at that last image of all the now exposed columns and what mysteries they can expose with anything except dread.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:02 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    Kaed wrote:
    Cinder39134 wrote:

I... what? The arkenshoes were never in play, this was in doubt? There was a whole update about how Parson came back, very explicitly detailing it, not a dozen pages ago.

And that bracer has been a big thing since book 1 o.o;;

I mean, as I recall we never did technically speaking see Parson's shoes until now, once he'd gotten back. And there was technically the possibility that there was a time-dilating effect while he wasn't in Erfworld? idk, but it was theoretically possible that he might have had the Arkenshoes. Now he doesn't.

Also, I was pointing out how the bracer looks kind of CGI here, I don't think it used to look that way. Does it look odd to anyone else?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:03 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Deissac is seemingly trying to undo all the damage his own thinkamancers did and furthermore, end the threat of Charlie once and for all.

Totally on-off-topic, so given that Parson doesn't get info like regular units but does get a general sense it seems, he is aware of all the traps on the L40? Intriguing...

Also, given that we've seen Mag-doll blow out Bill's mind...Just how much threat is TV under right now? It seems everything is beginning to run counter to Charlie's end goal but now with all the 'Temples' alive...they seem to have their own personal agenda? Atleast somewhat so, like one designed to be a 3rd party to this already overly complex war.

@Dan - If you follow Wanda's whole reborn situation they stop taking resources, which may be the ultimate answer to their endless resource fights since nobody would need them.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:06 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    It looks like the Big Think is about to Throw a Wrench into the plan.

Though figuratively speaking, they already have. :jed:

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:07 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Xeranar wrote:
    Totally on-off-topic, so given that Parson doesn't get info like regular units but does get a general sense it seems, he is aware of all the traps on the L40? Intriguing...

That was Bonnie speaking there. She knows the details of all the traps because she used to be in command of Level 40.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:08 am 
    If towers could move, I'd say Jed is about to split.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:08 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Big Think looks like it has finished. Does it drop the wrench through Gobwin Knob's portal? Is the mission to get Wanda home to Spacerock, or to get the Pliers to Wanda? Because Ace is holding the Pliers. Is Wanda given a choice between Spacerock and Charlescomm, and go to ICFYS instead?

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

Last edited by Lipkin on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:09 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Thecommander236 wrote:
    Explode everything Star Child. For the greater good. The greater good...

Time for a new .sig. You're an anime Jack Russell terrier now.

Last edited by kaylasdad99 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:09 am 
    Xeranar wrote:
    If you follow Wanda's whole reborn situation they stop taking resources, which may be the ultimate answer to their endless resource fights since nobody would need them.

Somehow I doubt that a zombie apocalypse (of a sort) led by our wonderful Wanda would be able to make up for the potential magic depletion the over-use of the "source" would create. The infinite shockamancy power of the Arkenhammer might be able to hold things at bay - but making all the heads Easter-island style is a definite artistic choice with dangerous undertones we definitely should not ignore especially in light of how seriously the towers themselves inherently take using the energy of the "source."

Everything has a cost that ultimately must be accounted for in Erfworld. A purely decrypted world serving under Wanda would create an enormous disparity in numbers that would eventually snap back with tremendous force.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions