Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:58 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:10 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter
    Is it just me or does it stop mid-sentence?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:11 pm 
    Almost first! ninja'd

This is really interesting. The rules of Erfworld just get more and more absurd the more Parson tries to make sense of them.
    Also yes, it does. It's a log, so sentences can just continue on the next page.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:12 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I presume that we'll never get to see the end of that sentence :p

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:28 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    FALLING DRAGON CORPSES FTW!!

heh

Interesting that it is random. Might very well be worth risking with a decrypted dragon just to see if you can get lucky- stunned rather than incapacitated or dead.

Obviously now, the Yellows become VERY key to the whole defense. Also, how many dragon corpses do you decrypt (to soak arrows) vs. let fall (as bombs?) Did they actually give some of the expeditionary forces those dirtamancy bombs?

So many possibilities open up!

As to that last sentence, I guess next post is a Klog as well.

Enthar

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:39 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    So that means that the FPACG Armour would not work. Pity.

But wait! The FPACG Armour was an attempt to use supposedly known Erf physics to turn a serious looking impediment into a defensive advantage. Said impediment being, you (Wanda and Co) can't shoot back at the archers.

However, said impediment DOES NOT EXIST! Well, then, nothing to see here. The situation is not as hopeless as I believed, and since the Dwagons can fire back, well, it just got standard.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:40 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Noooo, where is the little folded corner so I can turn the page?

What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:52 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    So, since this conversation took place months ago in the situation room, it is very likely that Dirtamancy bombs have already been created?

So, bombs + yellow dragon bombs = dead archers on the ground. Then dragons fly low to minimize damage and living creatures jump off. Wanda animates everyone that dies (both allies and enemies).

Looks like it'll be raining hobgoblins after all.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:04 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I wonder if there's a way they can sacrifice the dwagon that Wanda is on to get her safely on the ground?
    Do so after they've already absorbed a lot of arrows and the ground is littered with corpses and then she can decrypt a whole army on the ground. Actually in theory this would work on the Tower too wouldn't it?

Could be the first city ever to fall on its own turn!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:21 pm 
    cdrcjsn wrote:
    So, bombs + yellow dragon bombs = dead archers on the ground. Then dragons fly low to minimize damage and living creatures jump off. Wanda animates everyone that dies (both allies and enemies).

Looks like it'll be raining hobgoblins after all.

IF the pliers can uncroak across boundaries. We still don't know about that either way. That would all depend on the ability of the pliers to cast across the zone boundary.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:40 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    I don't think the Jetstone archers are in any danger from the battlecrap - I think a previous update said that they would likely be shooting from either the tower or the wall, neither of which are in the 'drop zone' - this would more likely be a way of getting troops past the zone barrier.

Also, does this mean that Bogroll's sacrifice might have been in vain, and that GK was just super lucky that the fall killed Ansom instead of just injuring or incapacitating him? I'd like to think that regardless of the outcome of Ansom's fall, Bogroll croaked him by doing some serious crushing damage.

Weirdomancy can manipulate specials! Another magic discipline (partially) unveiled!

Possible strategy - croak a dwagon and see if Wanda can decrypt it past the zone boundary; if not, create a ring of battlecrap in the courtyard to ward off outside assault, bring Wanda down as low as possible into the centre of the ring, disguised by foolamancy and armed with several healomancy scrolls, have her hop off her dwagon and hope for the best. If she survives, you can rain down troops and dwagons indiscriminately - once Wanda decrypts them, GK'll have a standing army in Jetstone's garrison (the courtyard is part of the garrison).

Also, regardless of the strategy Parson decides to use, I foresee that Banana will save the day!

Last edited by splintermute on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:58 pm 
    So this explains Ansom, Wanda, and Parson falling:

1. Ansom: just croaked when he fell off the tower/carpet when Bogroll attacked him.

2. Wanda: incapacitated when her mount was croaked as she went for the pliers.

3. Parson: fooling around with riding a dwagon, the thing "fell" off the walls to the ground with Parson on it. No real damage for either. The Titians were kind to Parson and his mount.

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:21 pm 
    splintermute wrote:
    I don't think the Jetstone archers are in any danger from the battlecrap - I think a previous update said that they would likely be shooting from either the tower or the wall, neither of which are in the 'drop zone' - this would more likely be a way of getting troops past the zone barrier.

Also, does this mean that Bogroll's sacrifice might have been in vain, and that GK was just super lucky that the fall killed Ansom instead of just injuring or incapacitating him? I'd like to think that regardless of the outcome of Ansom's fall, Bogroll croaked him by doing some serious crushing damage.

Weirdomancy can negate specials! Another magic discipline (partially) unveiled!

Possible strategy - croak a dwagon and see if Wanda can decrypt it past the zone boundary; if not, create a ring of battlecrap in the courtyard to ward off outside assault, bring Wanda down as low as possible into the centre of the ring, disguised by foolamancy and armed with several healomancy scrolls, have her hop off her dwagon and hope for the best. If she survives, you can rain down troops and dwagons indiscriminately - once Wanda decrypts them, GK'll have a standing army in Jetstone's garrison (the courtyard is part of the garrison).

Also, regardless of the strategy Parson decides to use, I foresee that Banana will save the day!

What it also means is that Ansom got lucky when Wanda knociking him off his carpet with her air force didn't kill him outright. Not a lot lucky, but lucky. (had about a 33% chance of dying there, but he was just Incapacitated.

Also AAARRGGGH for finishing in midsentence!!!!!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:30 pm 
    Yahoo Messenger: tick_72000@yahoo.com
    Yeah is it supposed to drop midsentence? Oh and is the pic just for looks or a flashback? Cause Jack is kinda not near parson at the moment

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:34 pm 
    the_tick_rules wrote:
    Yeah is it supposed to drop midsentence? Oh and is the pic just for looks or a flashback? Cause Jack is kinda not near parson at the moment

I think that the Klogs being shown are all flashbacks. Maybe Parson's reading his Klog for ideas?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:56 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    * tin foil hat on* I know what's going on now. Charlie is hacking into Parsons log right now, reading his past notes and planning around them. So the perspective is Charlie reading what Parson posted and then going backwards for more information. *hat off*

Soo wait, are all the updates gonna be klogs this book?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:12 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I'm more interested in the last sentence that breaks off. It seems Weirdomancers are capable of manipulating people's special abilities.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:04 pm 
    "There's a lot of"...
    A lot of what? Where is the end of that sentence?!?

"There's a lot of"...
    ...ways to skin a cat?
    ...hobgobwins in school girl outfits?
    ...leftovers if anyone is still hungry?

HOW COULD YOU LEAVE US HANGING LIKE THAT?!!?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:32 pm 
    This looks promising and purely evil. I'm looking forward to see how this all works out.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:40 pm 
    Rob Balder ;

You sir, are an evil, evil man.

*tips hat*

Carry on sir :D

Edit:
    Incidentally, the picture on the wall in the background, the one in the middle.... is it just me, or does that look like Charlie's tower..?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions