Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 299
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:48 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 299
     Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:53 pm 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Ok, did not expect Jed as viewpoint. Basically, Charlie got outcheated. But I bet there will be a price to pay...

Also, the artwork is amazing. The sad longing look of Maggie as the string leaves her heart... Heartstrings taken literally. Thats Erfworlds detail level for you.

The Imperfect Warlord

Last edited by Bandaid on Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:56 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Bandaid wrote:
    Ok, did not expect Jed as viewpoint. Basically, Charlie got outcheated. But I bet there will be a price to pay...

Definitely thinking about page one of book 0...

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:56 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    Called it!!!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:57 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    The plot thickens...

So, did Jed actually CREATE new towers, by the very act of stealing unpaid juice? or is he just referring to Towers created around the same time, by the remnants of the Linked Great Minds?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:59 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    You know. I really thought the juice theft was gonna be the hack to win the game. But from what Jed has said I am now seeing it more as a very dangerous gambit that isn't going to have been worth it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:02 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf
    Krennson wrote:
    The plot thickens...

So, did Jed actually CREATE new towers, by the very act of stealing unpaid juice? or is he just referring to Towers created around the same time, by the remnants of the Linked Great Minds?

No, it looks to me more like the towers themselves have to "steal" the juice to create themselves - to form themselves and become "alive." It's that desire to BE that the link acted on, some amount of juice unto themselves needed to be used to create themselves.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:03 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    So cool how the love and respect from his team had power and was able to keep him in Erfworld.

Also interesting about the True Source and sounds like all the capitals are going to get giant heads?

Rob, what a tangled web you weave. Never stop!

Joshua

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:05 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    This was wonderful :)

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:05 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Interesting that Jed refers to Wanda as Chief Croakamancer here. Did Stanley demote Sizemore from Chief and reinstate Wanda when she was freed?

It's also cute that Sizemore wants to be Parson's friend but is afraid. There's hope for that little guy yet.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:06 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I think the mention of the other Tutelaries just means that the State 8 is making other towers sentient, that he didn't stop with Shirley.

It is very heart-warming, yes. Love aka Date-a-mancy pulling Parson back.

I wonder if there will indeed be any price for Jed to pay. Just because you feel guilty doesn't mean there will be any Greater Power to punish you. That might just be your own delusion.

1. Find a forum post by that person.
    2. Click the profile button on that post (lower left corner).
    3. Click Add Foe.
    4. Click Yes.

Problem solved.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:07 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So, taking juice from the portal is considered forbidden by Erf itself. That is heavy with implications. If Jed is worried about being in trouble for what he just took, what might happen to Charlie, who has been stealing cable for thousands of turns?

I still think the Arken Hammer is going to end up being a source of infinite juice, in which case they can pay pack what Jed just stole.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 10 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:09 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    So this answers some questions and leaves open some others.

The dismissal spell would have worked as advertised if not for Jed.
    Jed intervened directly.
    Juice can be sent to all types of units or at least talking ones even if they are not a caster or have natural magic disciplines.
    Awakened Towers/Cities have some kind of connection and awareness for each other trough the source, whatever that is.

Questions are:
    Was the summoning spell cord reinstated? If not, is (more) constant upkeep (in form of more juice from Jed perhaps) required to keep Parson in Erfworld now? What happened to the dictums included in the summoning spell?

Did Shirley notice the exact purpose of Jed drawing juice?

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    tl;dr

Friendship is magical!

Also, interesting that Jed refers to it as "mana" instead of "juice". Hints a lot of his (its?) understanding of the mechanics of Erfworld.

• Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

This user got funny with a rodent
    Old threads broken. New threads woven, of love, duty, trust and glory. Parson has many threads binding him now, based in love, fuelled by stolen power from under the bedrock of Erfworld, all coordinated by Jeb. Nice work. I saw the potential vaguely for this plot outcome, but did not think it to be the cause.

Thought - if the penalises incumbent by Charlie winning the 'Big Game' (with Parson Gotti being released from his ties to Erfworld and having ties remaining to Stupidworld) were worth so much, is this a relative measure of the cost Jeb will have to bear from stealing such power? My thought is that, no, power is available for free from tapping the portals in the portal room, why not the same for the animus of each side's capital city?

But, the first capital city to be greedy with this infinite power hack .. that's another endgame maker.

Further Thought - the ties to stupid world remain deep in the soul of Parson tying him to his shitty home in our reality. How disappointing.

Still Further Thought - the Manikin of Maggie is now a character in it's own right. Am I right?

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf
    *Sigh*

And now we have more ammo for the BonSon shippers.

Just in case you're interested, I'm writing a fan fic called Shall We Play a Game?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:10 am 
    Thanks, Jed. That...actually explains a lot :p And it's quite a bit more involved than either of the prevailing theories ("home is where the heart is" vs Parson went to Stupidworld and had wacky adventures and got the Arkenshoes and came back). Hope Jed doesn't get into too much trouble for the mana thefts...but you know he will ;p

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:13 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    IMO, the Thinkamancy paradigm just got another bump. Jed is not a caster, but is perceiving grandiocosmic strings. That argues strongly in favor of their "objective" reality, vs. a subjective Thinkamancer perception.

And the dateamancy string detail revealed here is huge. I do believe this may be the first time we've gotten Canon confirmation that dateamancy (to say nothing of aloha!) works via strings.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:13 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool!
    Continually amazed at how many different “voices” Rob has mastered. Loved this update!

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:14 am 
    SkyThorning wrote:
    Old threads broken. New threads woven, of love, duty, trust and glory. Parson has many threads binding him now, based in love, fuelled by stolen power from under the bedrock of Erfworld, all coordinated by Jeb. Nice work. I saw the potential vaguely for this plot outcome, but did not think it to be the cause.

Thought - if the penalises incumbent by Charlie winning the 'Big Game' (with Parson Gotti being released from his ties to Erfworld and having ties remaining to Stupidworld) were worth so much, is this a relative measure of the cost Jeb will have to bear from stealing such power? My thought is that, no, power is available for free from tapping the portals in the portal room, why not the same for the animus of each side's capital city?

But, the first capital city to be greedy with this infinite power hack .. that's another endgame maker.

Further Thought - the ties to stupid world remain deep in the soul of Parson tying him to his shitty home in our reality. How disappointing.

Still Further Thought - the Manikin of Maggie is now a character in it's own right. Am I right?

Because power from the portals isn't free. It is also stolen. Power stolen from the portals is what is allowing the creation of all the new heads. Big Think is tapping the portals to repeatedly refill on juice and make new heads.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions