Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 293
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:59 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 293
     Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:10 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Ok, thats it. You are EVIL Rob. EVIL I TELL YOU. You and your mastery of cliffhangers. Over the holidays no less. ;)

The Imperfect Warlord

Last edited by Bandaid on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:12 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Jack is certainly turning out to be quite the wild card! Very excited to see the updates coming after these she-Van-agans

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:17 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent
    So now Jack and Maggie know what's up, but what can they do about it? Tune in next week, folks... duh, duh, duhhhh...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:18 am 
    IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    So Jack knows. And Maggie knows. He's already decided not to stop it.

I wonder what Maggie will do, and weather Bill still fits anywhere into this plan...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:20 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Oh wow. Nice development, nice Jack perspective.

But...

Why are we seeing this now? It's an old message. Is it just playing out the last message in the stack again, now that it's been called to action?

Curious.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:21 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Maggie now knows that at least one Great Mind is an enemy. I imagine this will tarnish her view of the lot of them.

Oh, and Parson's participating in his first caster link. Should be interesting to see the result of that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:23 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    It's been a long slow burn but I think things are about to explode into action again.

Just in case you're interested, I'm writing a fan fic called Shall We Play a Game?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:23 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    Er, cue the Benny Hill music?

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:27 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    In all seriousness, great update. Nice to hear from Jack. And once again a character makes a decision which is entirely rational from his point of view and has the potential to screw up everything..

The amount of 'If only x did y instead of z' keeps rising every update. Now we are left with the mother of all cliffhangers.

Will Jack decide to act? Will Jack decide to act in time? Will Fate intervene? Will Vanna's and Roger's gambit suceed after all?

Find out in the next update of Erfworld. Maybe. ;)

@ Rob, thanks for the update, have a as nice as possible under the circumstances holiday season.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:27 am 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user posted the comment of the month
    In choosing to follow Vanna, I think he's hit the... Jackpot. ;)

OT: It's a shame he's got such a low opinion of his performance. I mean, he did save Stanley at the pass and Wanda in the fall to the Atrium of Spacerock.

Still, wow, the way he puts it Jack has been off his game. Also, nice way to explain why Jack wasn't in Faq the city when it fell, he fell from grace and was saved from falling with it, exiled to Otoh or Kibo.

Here's my Erfics: Hungry Jungle. -- Completed!

The Overlord's New Clothes -- Two parter, Completed

Unjust Deserts -- Completed!

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Wow, so much to love about this update, even while I'm still hoping this subplot blows up in Roger and Vanna's face A.S.A.P. Jack's voice has always been one of my favorites, and it's great to see him really questioning himself (even if it's driving those of us in the know a bit crazy). Also loving a callback to Maggionette's power to replay conversations she's witnessed as she did for Bunny. A+ setup. Now Maggie and Jack just need to find a way to stop this catastrophe.

I'm beginning to think that the overall "meta" point of this arc is to teach Parson a new aspect of leadership. Specifically the danger of creating a situation in which none of your friends and subordinates question or stand up to you, even when they should. He's managed to cause that through awe and trust rather than fear, but it's still clearly an issue, as this update highlights.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:29 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I don't understand why Jack learned of this. It seems to be due to Fate, but Fate wants Parson to succeed, right?

So why does Fate seem to be second-guessing itself by having Jack learn of the treachery in time to possibly stop it?

Also, if Parson is part of a link-up, I wonder how he appears to his co-linkers. Nekkid, I suppose. But how does his alien mentality appear? I'm really curious.

1. Find a forum post by that person.
    2. Click the profile button on that post (lower left corner).
    3. Click Add Foe.
    4. Click Yes.

Problem solved.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:40 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Fascinating that it was the doll conveying Roger's words to Jack and not Maggie. The way Jack phrased his request "Make it message to me. What should we do?" It could be interpreted as asking the doll. And in response, the doll gives the important information they need to know. Despite being Bill's creation, it is independently choosing to help GK.

Also, the doll didn't just overhear this message from Roger. Roger sent this via Thinkagram, which somehow the doll was able to evesdrop on through its connection to Bill. That's huge.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

Last edited by Lipkin on Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:40 am 
    Polvane the eraser wrote:
    I don't understand why Jack learned of this. It seems to be due to Fate, but Fate wants Parson to succeed, right?

So why does Fate seem to be second-guessing itself by having Jack learn of the treachery in time to possibly stop it?

Fate wants Parson to stay in Erfworld to defeat Charlie. Roger and Vanna want Parson gone from Erf and are currently trying to get rid of him. It is in Fate's interest to stop that from happening.

Also, if Parson is part of a link-up, I wonder how he appears to his co-linkers. Nekkid, I suppose.

No one want to see Parson 'nekkid'. With the exception of Maggie who wants to inspect Parsons personal weapon bonus. Also possibly cannibals. Parson appearing naked would fall under Fan Disservice for almost everyone else.

The Imperfect Warlord

Last edited by Bandaid on Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:42 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    So from the looks of it the golem can pick p and playback any thinkmancy communications in its radius. Interesting. Very interesting.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:45 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Merilynne wrote:
    So now Jack and Maggie know what's up, but what can they do about it? Tune in next week, folks... duh, duh, duhhhh...

Walk up to Parson and knock the scroll out of his hand? Shout out Vanna's name very loudly in the hopes that the link breaks or she croaks?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:46 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent

Also, if Parson is part of a link-up, I wonder how he appears to his co-linkers. Nekkid, I suppose. But how does his alien mentality appear? I'm really curious.

Fate wants Parson to defeat Charlie, I think, but that doesn't mean it wants him to cast the scroll. Roger did that bit of Foolamancy with the bracer, so maybe Fate is answering his interference by involving Jack and Maggie.

Before, when we would see 3 casters link, the Thinkamancer seems to control the flow of information. I wonder if Parson's "alien mentality" will override that and he'll see for himself what kind of duplicity he's dealing with.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:49 am 
    Oh! Maybe Parson will break the link, as Maggie did with Jack and Misty.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:57 am 
    Merilynne wrote:
    Oh! Maybe Parson will break the link, as Maggie did with Jack and Misty.

He is not the Thinkamancer who initiated the link. A controlled breakup is therefore out of the question already. As for initiating an uncontrolled breakup, that may be possible. Wanda did it accidently to the two person linkup with Maggie when she heard the news that Jillian did not love her. If he retains enough sense of will to even make the attempt in a three person link with a master class Thinkamancer out to screw him over will have to be seen. If the information that he is about to be screwed over reaches him in time that is.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions