Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 291
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:58 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 291
     Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:08 am 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Hang on... who the boop put Baby in the corner?!

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:10 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Gosh Charles, I wonder where those bats are going. XD

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:10 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    So while we're no longer in Book 3, this may be another Charlie Foxtrot in the works.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:19 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Shirley makes an interesting point, even if she has the hero wrong. Could Parson sweep Vanna off her feet?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:23 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! This user has been published! This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    ...Wait, now we have Shirley -- an offshoot of Erf -- claiming that Charlie is the good guy? Pull the other one; it plays Switchfoot.

Beeskee wrote:
    Gosh Charles, I wonder where those bats are going. XD

I wasn't taking any plan from Roger seriously, so I forget -- was it a plan to bum-rush the "hacked" portal with bats?

The only other reason I can think of that Charlie never got an indoor bat peek earlier than this is because TV's never had reason to keep their bats indoors. And even if they did keep them indoors, there was never any reason for Bunny to open a channel to said bats because she already knew what was happening in the palace.

It never fails -- you bring a young pet indoors, and they can't hold their output. Someone should call a ranger to housebreak those bats.

---

I have a fanfiction archive here and a DeviantArt page -- including Erfworld fanart this site hasn't seen -- here!

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:26 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent Shiny Red Star Mined 4 Erf
    Ganurath wrote:
    Shirley makes an interesting point, even if she has the hero wrong. Could Parson sweep Vanna off her feet?
    I don't think so. Vanna blames GK for Bea's death, and that includes Parson.

On another note, it's interesting that Shirley knows the word "kill," but Charlie's physical reaction is even more interesting. It's been noted that certain StupidWorld words cause an aversion reflex to Erfworlders and I wonder if that's what happened to Charlie.

Also, I wonder if Shirley is aware of Jojo's plan to use Roger to take out Parson. Charlie knows that Roger doesn't believe he took out the Great Minds, but does Shirley? Will she see Roger's "plan" to attack Charlie as a true threat and do something to stop him? Can she, for that matter? She seemed awfully interested in whether Wanda should be killed.

Thank you to Yshl's daughter for my new avatar. I love it! 3/4/2018

Last edited by Merilynne on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:30 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Merilynne wrote:
    On another note, it's interesting that Shirley knows the word "kill," but Charlie's physical reaction is even more interesting. It's been noted that certain StupidWorld words cause an aversion reflex to Erfworlders and I wonder if that's what happened to Charlie.

I think it's more that Shirley's using words that only Stupidworlders (such as, say, Summoned Perfect Warlords) ordinarily know. Anything implying that Shirley and Parson have something in common ought to be terrifying.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:33 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! This user has been published! This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Merilynne wrote:
    Ganurath wrote:
    I don't think so. Vanna blames GK for Bea's death, and that includes Parson..

"No, baby, you gotta understand -- that's my old man that did that. Him and his crazy woman. I ain't like that. You gotta believe me. I'd die before I ever hurt someone like you."

...I think I threw up in my mouth a bit to write that.

Ganurath wrote:

I figure it's Charlie being afraid of someone who's as well-informed as he is. If she has -- shall we say -- extra-universe vocabulary, then who knows what other limits she can bypass? (Not Charlie, that's who.) [ninja by Caprice]

---

I have a fanfiction archive here and a DeviantArt page -- including Erfworld fanart this site hasn't seen -- here!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:35 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Why are they putting so much faith in an ambiguously worded prophecy? I mean, stopping Wanda from entering portal 'ICFYS' may involve presenting her with the opportunity to conquer the entire magick kingdom (or set fire to it, hope, hope), thus removing any need to step through the portal in question.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Wait, is the "girl next door" in Shirley's ramblings referring to Jillian?

oh god

ew

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Is anyone else terrified of/ in love with Shirley?

She knows how to use the Arkendish better than Charlie. She can block his access to the Arkendish. She knows stupidworld words. She's hypercompetent.

I'm really curious as to what Big Think's plan was in animating all of the portal columns.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:43 am 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    So Charlie is going to have a good idea on what all those bats are for. There is only one way I can think of to counter that strategy.

Ladies and gentlemen we are about to have the biggest, badest battle in Erf history. Bat vs Etsy.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:46 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I think I see Fate's angle on this one. Charlie hears Roger telling Vanna the cover story for the real plan, doesn't realize Roger is actually making Parson GTFO, resolves to stop Roger from bankrupting CC, and saves Parson by stopping Roger from performing the real plan.

It would be a slightly cliche use of poor communication to exacerbate drama (which increases my chances of being wrong), but in this case it would be pretty funny to watch. :lol:

Last edited by DreadArchon on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:47 am 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Whispri wrote:
    Why are they putting so much faith in an ambiguously worded prophecy? I mean, stopping Wanda from entering portal 'ICFYS' may involve presenting her with the opportunity to conquer the entire magick kingdom (or set fire to it, hope, hope), thus removing any need to step through the portal in question.

It could mean different things, depending on what the people involved make it to mean. Prophecies are not a a speciifc event that has to happen. They are just a 'wording' that in some way has to happen. Smart Carnies and Predictamancies, can make it happen on terms that are best suited to them.

Charlie has been fighting against prophecies for the last couple books. This is a chance to go with the flow and shape one to his advantage.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:55 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    And if at some point Shirley decides that Charlie isn't the heroic good guy...?

Edit for typo

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:59 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    I'm more and more convinced Charlie is a native of Erfworld, not Stupidworld. Not only did Charlie not recognize the reference to the "Bunny channel", but he interpreted her desire to publish this story as an idea to expose all of CC's secrets to Erfworld, rather than the obvious Stupidworld interpretation of writing an entertaining book of (non)fiction. Obvious to Stupidworlders like us (or Parson), that is, but not Charlie.

And Shirley, much like Jed, seems to be a transplanted mind from Stupidworld, or at least that's her Signamancy. She interprets things almost like a Stupidworlder does, and knows Stupidworlder language. It emphasizes how she and Jed are almost like aliens to the typical Erfworlder, just otherworldly. But familiar to Parson. It's really a shame that Parson hasn't really had a chance to have an extended conversation with Jed like Charlie is with Shirley.

Shirley in particular reminds me of my grandmother, sitting in front of the TV, intensely focused on her "stories", i.e. her soaps. I am loving every update with her in it so far.

• Tipped by 8 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:05 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Beeskee wrote:
    Wait, is the "girl next door" in Shirley's ramblings referring to Jillian?

oh god

ew

:lol: I mean, who else could it possibly be?
    That was my first thought as well. Then again, Shirley may not have anyone in particular in mind, or she may just be referring to an Archon like Eleanor, who she was sort of trying to push on Charlie in the last update.

Meanwhile, I love that Charlie looks forward to the next Jillian update with the same enthusiasm as so many commentators :lol:

• Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:06 am 
    All right, I refreshed my memory: yes, Parson and Caesar had a plan for ~50 bats to bum-rush CC via hacked portals. And this plan existed even before Roger spoke up, so I ought to have remembered it.

But even that was Plan B, and it seems that all of the current plans and counterplans are about to crash. The question is, which gambit fragments will remain?

Sir Dr D wrote:
    So Charlie is going to have a good idea on what all those bats are for. There is only one way I can think of to counter that strategy.

Ladies and gentlemen we are about to have the biggest, badest battle in Erf history. Bat vs Etsy.

That would be downright adorable. I'm picturing a couple of kids waving action figures each other ("My guy does this!" "Well, my guy does this!" "He can't do that!" "Yeah, he can!" "Nuh-uh!" "Yeah-huh!")

...but what I don't see is, how does that save Charlie? The old plan was for the bats to trigger CC's traps so that their tiny fuzzy deaths equaled multi-million Shmucker payouts, so wouldn't the pain of a tiny etsy-punch be considered just as aggressive (albeit far more cute)?

DreadArchon wrote:
    I think I see Fate's angle on this one. Charlie hears Roger telling Vanna the cover story for the real plan, doesn't realize Roger is actually making Parson GTFO, resolves to stop Roger from bankrupting CC, and saves Parson by stopping Roger from performing the real plan.

It would be a slightly cliche use of poor communication to exacerbate drama (which increases my chances of being wrong), but in this case it would be pretty funny to watch. :lol:

There's also this. All of this. Simple, very old-hat... but oh so effectively chaotic. :D I'd watch that.

---

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:07 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent Shiny Red Star Mined 4 Erf
    DreadArchon wrote:

No, Charlie is aware of Jojo conning Roger to get Parson to use the GTFO spell. The question is, is Shirley aware? She's shown that she is not omniscient after all. Can she/will she do something that will inadvertently save Parson?

Thank you to Yshl's daughter for my new avatar. I love it! 3/4/2018

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions