Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 288
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:56 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 288
     Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:04 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So this confirms that vampires arn't a kind of undead in this world?

-The Song of Maybe

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:05 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    ooooh shit is getting real. Please tell me that Lillith gets another extended action scene

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:07 am 
    This user is a Tool! IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    Another interesting insight into the wonderful world of strings. Breaking strings, breaking loyalty bonds, breaking bonds to another person... Looks like Wanda can completely rework a person to her liking and bring them around to her line of thinking. Like she did with all of the decrypted. With the exception of Ossomer, whom she disliked. Perhaps she did not bother to set up the strings properly in his case. Which bit her in the ass, promptly.

The Imperfect Warlord

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:09 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So was Wanda's experiment more pet cemetery, or more human transmutation?

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:11 am 
    So we're now starting to see the Great Minds theories on the Arkenpliers and how they can interact with G-strings. Its not a mistake for Wanda to assume that they are threads of Life since from what Maggie learned earlier about how G-strings channel juice and possibly upkeep.

If I had to guess for what's going to happen in the next 10 pages or so (depending on text updates and how it plays out) we're going to see Wanda reacquire the Arkenpliers and show that Decrypted are truly independent units, the best way I can think to describe what I believe them to be now is something akin to an "Allied Barbarian" they could in theory be bound from Side to Side depending on where the user of the Arkenpliers assigns them. Its entirely possible from what I've seen/read that you could croak your entire side and Decrypt them (even without the wielder being a member of the side) and then turned back to their original side.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:12 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner
    Love the art, particularly the string shape in shape bit. Wanda's all in his head.

Lillith got repatriated with juice last time... mm, the crits about to hit the fan.

Vendanna has a new fan fiction contest:
    Its allies about the hair Contest, oh my!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:15 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Shai hulud wrote:
    So this confirms that vampires arn't a kind of undead in this world?

Transylvitians are Men typically with the flying special, the drain life special, gray skin, pointy ears, sharp teeth, red eyes, and an affinity for bats. COMPLETELY different from Vampires. XD

They're not Uncroaked tho. The only uncroaked we've seen have lacked a free will. Tho I suppose some tri-mancer linkup could give them a string of their own and maybe halt the decay process.

Transylvito's characteristics seem more like a "theme" for the side than anything else. Like, if it was a game, you could pick what your side looked like, if they had any common specials, etc.

Rob could have picked any assortment of traits but then Transylvitians wouldn't have resonance with Stupidworld.

Edit: Normally, bonuses come with a downside. I wonder what downside Transylvito has, to offset the bonuses of their specials. (Might just be a higher upkeep cost.)

Last edited by Beeskee on Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:18 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Lilith is about to get a gun and go off at the mansion, I wonder how the Dirtamancer Posse will feel when they are under bedrock while their home is ransacked??

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:19 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I cannot wait for the repatriation graphic. I'm getting all tingly just thinking about it!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:38 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Lilith! My dear, beautiful Lilith!

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:50 am 
    Of course Wanda can't cut the bonds between decrypted and her or Arkenpliers. There are none. How can you set free someone who already is. Decrypted are independent, free willed erfhuman-like creatures with no numbers or duty. "Persons" not "units". I kept saying that for a while.

She seemed sad when she realized that the "extra intelligent all knowing" Minds were never capable of understanding this.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:53 am 
    This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Now there's a sight for sore eyes! But, if Lilith (and presumably) the other Archon get repatriated, what exactly could they accomplish? Maybe just bug out, everyone down the hole?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:00 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Shai hulud wrote:
    So was Wanda's experiment more pet cemetery, or more human transmutation?

I suspect it was more along these lines.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:04 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    The idea that the Great Minds/Bigthink has a greater understanding of magic than other casters is limited and egotistical. Just as Sizemore sees magic through his Dirtamancy, so do Thinkamancers see magic through their discipline. Every discipline has knowledge no other has, and all of that knowledge adds up to an answer that only the Titans might have the perspective to see. Magic and Erfworld are complicated. Casters try to uncomplicated things by simplifying into ideas they can grasp. That does mot mean they grasp everything. The Great Minds probably did not know half of what they Thought they did. They understood even less, yet they Thought they knew. Everything is not just g-strings. They are too dismissive of others.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:16 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month This user got funny with a rodent Shiny Red Star
    It's interesting that Isaac doesn't seem to know that Ossomer turned of his own free will. If he did, he might not be as concerned about becoming Wanda's "slave."

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:22 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Wanda knew? She knew what happened to the Archons, and Ivan and Claude? Is this a master Croakamancer thing? Or because she already knew what the G-Strings were, and she was able to sense them with her master Croakamancy senses..??

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:25 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Does it seem like Isaac is a little annoyed when he uses the term "Big Think" to describe the Great Minds / Isaac body combo? That's a forum-created nickname right?

I can imagine his little golem eyes rolling when he said it.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:27 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    So I only just now got the pun in the title "Headmaster." Boy am I slow.

Bandaid wrote:
    Another interesting insight into the wonderful world of strings. Breaking strings, breaking loyalty bonds, breaking bonds to another person... Looks like Wanda can completely rework a person to her liking and bring them around to her line of thinking. Like she did with all of the decrypted. With the exception of Ossomer, whom she disliked. Perhaps she did not bother to set up the strings properly in his case. Which bit her in the ass, promptly.

I think Wanda has had only a subconscious, intuitive understanding of what the Pliers can do, although she's learning about it on the conscious level as she goes along (much as we are). I think the Pliers make bonds as easily as they break bonds. I think that when she Decrypts a person, she instantly makes a bunch of bonds to herself (or perhaps just to the Pliers), and she also, to some degree, breaks all of the unit's old bonds -- though not completely, and maybe not even instantly. It happens to various degrees to various units, and it depends on the strength of those old bonds. We've seen decrypted units show varying degrees of loyalty to Wanda as well as at least some affection for their old sides. Not only Ossomer. (You'll notice that Marie instantly and easily turned to FAQ -- though with the expectation that she'll be reunited with Wanda soon.)

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:32 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Arkenscrew wrote:
    Wanda knew? She knew what happened to the Archons, and Ivan and Claude? Is this a master Croakamancer thing? Or because she already knew what the G-Strings were, and she was able to sense them with her master Croakamancy senses..??

Maxwell told her it was possible (and evidently he helped him commit suicide). Then she saw what happened to Ivan and Claude and the Archons (and Big Think's appearance right after) and put two and two together. Possibly the casters also told her "off-panel" about their experience of dying.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions