Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 286
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:23 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 286
     Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:26 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    They're going after them?
    I can see the rest not trusting this idea... will they oppose it?

... but honestly, damn, this is why I prefer text updates... this was not enugh for the craving! ;w;

Last edited by Shen Hibiki on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:27 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent
    How are they getting under bed? Charlie?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:28 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Ruler of Erfworld Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    themysticalone wrote:

I've lost track of where the Wonky Wrench is.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:30 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent
    Danalog wrote:
    themysticalone wrote:

I've lost track of where the Wonky Wrench is.

I think Isaac's Body took it with him in the cart with the dead archon. So...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:30 pm 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent
    Oh. Oh ho ho.

Big Think has been a busy little bee. He's gone and kipi'd ALLLLL the portals!

What's cheating? A trick that one player uses and others don't. What's not cheating? Having EVERYONE be able to do it.

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tipped by 9 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:31 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    This is just going to prove the point about dirtamancers ignoring the rules when it suits them... and they are the ones with the guns. Should be fun!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:32 pm 
    Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner This user has been published! Year of the Dwagon Supporter
    Sentience to these golems depends on the caster staying alive though. What happens when the hive mind dies? Seems a bit pointless, given that the mind only has one turn left to live.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:35 pm 
    This user has been published! Shiny Red Star This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user got funny with a rodent
    themysticalone wrote:

Pretty much, yeah. Remember a couple of pages ago, 284 where Buck was talking with Charlie? "I'm, ah, currently in need of a Dirtamancer. Somebody to help me track down my old Dirtamancer, and any fugitives he might be with? ... if I maybe taught them how to dig bedrock..."

Ask Count Downer is over and archived now.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:39 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So the columns with glyphs that aren't glowing... portals for Sides that don't exist yet?

Carny these into opening secondary portals between two potential-capital sites owned by the same side, maybe?

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:39 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    If he did open up all the portals... does this mean Big Think can refresh his juice by himself now? At pretty much any portal? That's pretty OP.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:47 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Is "Cbocs" shorthand for cement blocks, or is it some Minecraft reference that I won't get, not being a Minecrafter?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:51 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Maybe kipi'd the portals, maybe awakened their towers. Or maybe just broken the collars.

Here's the relevant ending text from the last update down under the bedrock:

Quote:
    "Do you know the way to our side's portal?" she asked Ivan Poe.

The dirtamancer aimed his begoggled gaze down the tunnel, in the direction that the cart had gone.

"Yes and no, Ma'am. I mean, it's not far, since they're all together under the Park. I can get us to where we'd have to dig up through the bedrock, if we could. But the column's not exposed. And the collar ain't broken on it. So, I dunno how we're s'posed ta fulfill our orders and jimmy it."

"I do," said Wanda. "I have secured a promise of assistance. Lead. Walk slowly," she ordered.

So: these other columns are exposed now. Their collars? Can't tell.

Last edited by Pointyleaf on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:53 pm 
    greycat wrote:
    Is "Cbocs" shorthand for cement blocks, or is it some Minecraft reference that I won't get, not being a Minecrafter?

CBOCS = Cracker Barrel Old Country Store

Very cute use of acronym.

Is that the signamancy of a portal that has been "awoken" such as Jed and Shirley? Or that of portals that have been cheated to allow non-casters through?

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:53 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    No one in particular wrote:
    themysticalone wrote:

Pretty much, yeah. Remember a couple of pages ago, 284 where Buck was talking with Charlie? "I'm, ah, currently in need of a Dirtamancer. Somebody to help me track down my old Dirtamancer, and any fugitives he might be with? ... if I maybe taught them how to dig bedrock..."

I'm assuming it will be via remote link-up. We agree that the wrench was a carny-dirt link-up item, right? If so, a carny-dirt link-up should be able to dig bedrock. The wrench just makes it possible while not in a link and likely cost a lot more juice, possibly expended over multiple turns.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:55 pm 
    So, TV's portal is probably Carnied now. If Fate actually doesn't want Parson to use the scroll, all it would need to nudge to screw up Roger's plan would be for Parson to learn that. And the Isaac doll seems to be Thinkamancer enough to negotiate with Wanda in Thinkspace...

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:00 pm 
    tomaO2 wrote:
    Sentience to these golems depends on the caster staying alive though. What happens when the hive mind dies? Seems a bit pointless, given that the mind only has one turn left to live.

If you are talking about awakened towers and if that is what Big Think is doing, that might not be an issue. Claud said something about them wanting to be alive.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:13 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    So, Wanda's clearly still in Thinkspace with the Isaac doll by the end of this sequence. I wonder if, being a Master Lookamancer, Isaac is spying on what's going on up above and relaying it to her. The way the panels are told makes me think it's a possibility.

I don't think the portals are all kipi'd. I think they're just uncovered. We don't see any portal shards on the ground anywhere, which happens when you break the collar. Not sure about whether or not they're awakened though. But with them exposed, it seems possible for any Dirtamancer/Dollamancer/Thinkamancer linkup to do in the future at least.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:14 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Pointyleaf wrote:
    Maybe kipi'd the portals, maybe awakened their towers. Or maybe just broken the collars.

I don't see him being about to awaken the towers without a dollamancer in the link anymore. Sure Big Think could have 'learned' some abilities while being linked up, but that magnitude sound unlikely.

Anyway IVan in the linkup directly told BIg Think how he carnied the portal. So we know Big Think knows it, and it was discussed in comic. And so many things discussed in comic all end up having relevance. And Big Think obviously has enough dirtamancy now to use the wrench. So it is possible Big Think did kipi those portals.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:17 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Realeyna wrote:
    I don't think the portals are all kipi'd. I think they're just uncovered. We don't see any portal shards on the ground anywhere, which happens when you break the collar.

The shards were not for kipi'ing the portal I don't think. They are so it is possible to enter or leave a portal from below the bedrock. So if Issac did Kipi those portal columns right now they could allow non casters through, but the non casters would end up above ground in the magic kingdom, and not below the bedrock.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions