Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 285
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:28 am 
This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Sir Dr D wrote:
Anomynous 167 wrote:
It's because the time he spends posting a late notice is time he could spend finishing the comment on time.

If you're busy explaining why you aren't being productive then you're not being productive and everyone can see that you're not being productive. If you don't bother with the explanation then no one can know that you aren't trying to be productive, and not wasting time explaining your lack of productivity shows an intent on being productive by trying to put productive principles into practice.

Sometimes I feel we need a special translator to make sense of Anomynous' posts. :p

I typically have no problem understanding him.

... on second thought that might not be a good thing.

As for all the whiners. ::shrug:: Even as a Tool you aren't entitled to much of anything except that you won't be charged when an update doesn't go up on time. That's about the sum total of the promises made to Tools where the main comic is concerned. Please raise your hand if you have been charged for this not-on-time update? No one? Ok then.

And, no, him failing to post about what is going on isn't disrespectful. But you assuming there couldn't possibly be a legitimate reason he didn't post about it is not only disrespectful... it's also ignorant and arrogant. And you taking offense to his failure to keep you updated on whatever is happening no matter what it might be is childishly needy.

Well then... that ought to stir the pot something awful. I swear it sometimes seems like that's all I show up here to do anymore. Cause either I'm staying away cause I don't want to deal with the assholes or I'm telling those assholes off cause I made the mistake of thinking that this time would be different. This time people would actually be engaged in intelligent discussion. Yeah... sometimes I'm kinda stupid.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:51 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    To everyone about the skips. If you read the post, he clearly states, there will not be an explanation of skips, and to keep the buffer he will have two skips per month. So we can extrapolate from this.

1. There is still a buffer because of the skips.
    2. We get steady posts from now until December.
    3. He may take an extra skip because of holidays.

I'm more interested in what is going down in ICFYS and the Transylvito Portal Room. The Dollamancer is going to mess up Rogers plan maybe?

I love the twist at the end, Roger is awesome.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:50 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    There are many words I might choose to describe Roger. "Awesome" isn't one of them.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:49 pm 
    greycat wrote:
    There are many words I might choose to describe Roger. "Awesome" isn't one of them.

Villains are good when they're clever with relatable motives. Though some of this mess is the journey to figure out what Roger's real plan is, which might not be the same as what he lets on about as he's playing both sides.

I wouldn't call him awesome either, but still interesting.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:37 pm 
    I feel that Roger comes off as a deeply pathetic character. Here's this guy who was sorta a hanger-on at Uniroyal, and has these...not healthy relationships with a couple of casters from there. There was a lot of mystery about Roger for a long time, but with page 250 that was dispelled. And what I saw was just embarrassing.

Sure, Roger is basically a pretty dangerous unit. But his mind is not his own, and the ways it is controlled are by weaknesses that are just humiliating.

All the more so for a "Great Mind".

Roger might be a good deal less dangerous (to Parson, at least) if he were not a pawn. I doubt he would be "awesome", but even if he were still pathetic he would be far less so.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:51 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! This user is a Tool! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner
    Severus Snape wrote:
    Over the years I've played my part well, so well I've deceived one of the greatest wizards of all time.

I don't doubt Roger's abilities at all, even if he isn't a master Foolamancer. He managed to be in the highest state links with a group of other Headmasters and still not reveal to them his deepest secrets: he isn't a master Foolamancer, he has linked with Carnies, he has buried part of his personality, his ulterior motives, etc. I'm not sure I'd use the word "pathetic" here, maybe "tragic" instead. Remember, Snape was "just" a potions master but was playing both sides and turned out to be the lynch pin in the undoing of the most evil wizard there ever was.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:33 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    lordfisch wrote:
    Severus Snape wrote:
    Over the years I've played my part well, so well I've deceived one of the greatest wizards of all time.

I don't doubt Roger's abilities at all, even if he isn't a master Foolamancer. He managed to be in the highest state links with a group of other Headmasters and still not reveal to them his deepest secrets: he isn't a master Foolamancer, he has linked with Carnies, he has buried part of his personality, his ulterior motives, etc. I'm not sure I'd use the word "pathetic" here, maybe "tragic" instead. Remember, Snape was "just" a potions master but was playing both sides and turned out to be the lynch pin in the undoing of the most evil wizard there ever was.

Dumbledore?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:57 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    shabranigudo wrote:
    If you read the post, he clearly states, there will not be an explanation of skips, and to keep the buffer he will have two skips per month.

So... that's no longer a true statement. :(

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:07 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    greycat wrote:
    shabranigudo wrote:
    If you read the post, he clearly states, there will not be an explanation of skips, and to keep the buffer he will have two skips per month.

So... that's no longer a true statement. :(

I know!!!!! Not surprising, it is the holidays. Maybe he mentioned something about skipping extra in Nov and Dec? I don't remember if I read that, or am making it up right now :-)

:think: :D

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:08 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    lordfisch wrote:
    Remember, Snape was "just" a potions master but was playing both sides and turned out to be the lynch pin in the undoing of the most evil wizard there ever was.

Dumbledore?

Okay, I'll bite. How's that?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:12 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    drachefly wrote:
    Quote:
    Dumbledore?

While I haven't read the books for a long time so memory is fuzzy, it can be argued that Dumbledore overprotectiveness of harry esteems that he knew that harry was
    Spoiler: show
    One of Voldemort phylacteries, so he just wanted to have him close and located at all times in order to kill him when the time came to it. you can see those intentions when you see the memory of him talking with Snape "Have you take a liking for the boy?" he tells snape.

Man, that bearded guy was such a bad apple, he even went as far as giving Gryffindor points that they didn't earned just so they won each year, in hopes that harry appeared floating on the river due the other schools hating him. (and thus to not dirty his own hands) :v

Hyatus rhymemancy Competition <- Cancelled

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:18 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    drachefly wrote:
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    lordfisch wrote:
    Remember, Snape was "just" a potions master but was playing both sides and turned out to be the lynch pin in the undoing of the most evil wizard there ever was.

Dumbledore?

I dunno. I haven't watched any Harry Potter past the second movie, so I don't know what evil wizard Snape undoes. edit: Hence the questionmark I wrote after Dumbledore.

I've heard the meme "Snape kills Dumbledore" which I find hilarious because Dumbledore would totally kick Snape's ass, but for all I know there might be more truth to those words than I suspect. For all I know Dumbledore goes evil, and inbetween films 3 and 7 Snape undergoes 4 different Rocky montages.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:19 pm 
    Bloody hell, even I know what happened with Snape and Dumbledoor, and I've only seen a few of the movies (and tried to read a chapter of one of the books, but my eyes started bleeding and I had to stop).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:08 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! This user is a Tool! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner
    Wow, ok, I thought Anomynous was just kidding... But to clarify, I was certainly referring to the actual evil wizard, Voldemort, not the inarguably good wizard, Dumbledore. Yes, inarguably good. Pragmatic, sure, but not evil.
    Snape's quote is brilliant because of who he is speaking it to. It fit here because Roger is ostensibly working against the evil wizard Charlie while simultaneously fooling every one of his peers.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:43 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool!
    The problem with Dumbledore is that JKR never bothered to give us any hints as to his interiority, i.e. what was actually going on in his head. The context provided to his actions by the reactions of every other character suggest that he is absolutely good, but if you step back and look at his actions objectively, it's very easy to see some of his choices in a sinister light. My personal view is that he actually is a good man but one who was trapped by impossible choices: Harry could only really be safe at the Dursleys which took precedence over his emotional well-being. More importantly, Harry was a horcrux and would have to die in order to finish Voldemort, so Dumbledore allows the Triwizard Tournament to proceed knowing what's really happening because he wants Voldemort to come back in a manner that makes Voldemort into Harry's pseudo-horcrux and allows Harry to survive his own death. That said, it's quite easy to view Dumbledore as a bad guy if you view his actions in the most cynical light, as about a million Evil!Dumbledore fanfics do.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions