Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 283
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:49 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 283
     Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:58 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    So gotti's getting involved again at last! It'd be funny if this actually backfired by working exactly as Roger is bs'ing at the man.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:59 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Wow, RVC is just lies upon lies upon lies here.

"Stealthy Title Drop" Not sure what the joke is here though but it made me smile for some reason.

It occurs to me that Parson could just as easily have another caster cast it, linked with Roger and, if such were suggested, watch RVC's lies fall apart.

Or not, he's kinda smart, for being wrong.

Last edited by Arci on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:59 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Y'know when everyone was talking about Roger's plan being to set himself on fire?

Seems like he started with his pants.

• Tipped by 20 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:00 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Callin' it now, the spell actually does what Roger is saying it could do, and they accidentally carny the portal.

EDIT: Crud, someone beat me to it. But still, point stands. I also really hope that the spell somehow TP's all of Transilvito's capital city (since it would be targeting the Portal Column/City Tower) into Stupidworld - or at least another world.

Last edited by Mecharic on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:00 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Is Hamster really that gullible?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:02 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I quite honestly have NO idea what the Velveteen Bunny doll is gonna be used for. Is it going to have something to do with the poorly concieved Bill/Gotti linkup?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:03 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Whispri wrote:
    Is Hamster really that gullible?

Keep in mind, he has no reason to suspect Roger. No reason to think that one of the GMs would betray him so long as Charlie exists.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:03 am 
    Well now, this is going to turn interesting. From a tactical standpoint Roger Victor Clarence has an excellent idea on using Charlie's scroll against him, but we the readers know that its just a ruse to get Parson out of Erfworld. How is Parson going to logic his way out this I wonder.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:12 am 
    This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I think it all boils down to how much Gotti really trusts Roger at this point, that, and whether or not it is even possible for Gotti to join a link-up.

I also think we will see the Velvatine Bunny being used for it's true purpose. A true living doll. O.O

I also also think we will see Bill screw up Roger's plan to make it happen.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:19 am 
    There's a fine line between being gullible and being open-minded. The difference lies in the ability to evaluate what you're being told alongside all the other facts you already know. But that hardly matters when it's all weighted against your opinion of the source and what you want to believe.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:20 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I am another one who doesn't know why Bill is assembling the Bunny doll. It doesn't make sense.

Plus I'm pretty sure that even a masterclass Foolamancer can't hide the Bunny doll's existence from its own Ruler, Caesar. Once animated through Dollamancy, it becomes a unit of Transylvito. Caesar would know that it is and where it is.

Maggie is in the room and overhearing their conversation. Maybe she knows enough to criticize Roger's claims.

1. Find a forum post by that person.
    2. Click the profile button on that post (lower left corner).
    3. Click Add Foe.
    4. Click Yes.

Problem solved.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:22 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I have a feeling that Caesar's going to be the one to save Parson's butt here. Vanna's going to hem and haw, but she'll eventually acquiesce to linking with Parson in order to cast the 'modified' spell. Caesar will realize that something stinks (his distrust of the Great Minds will come in handy here). That, combined with Parson's supposition from Book 2 that the Great Minds have someone leaking info to Charlie, should allow them to put it together. Maggie's insight might also prove useful as she's begun to suspect that the Great Minds aren't entirely on the level.

I was under the impression that rulers could sense where their units were, particularly if the ruler and unit were both in the capital city. Roger bringing up Bill is risky because Caesar could, at any moment, do a mental info lookup on Bill's location and realize that he's not in the prison cell.

I don't know what Caesar will do if he sees the Bunny doll. He might break down or he might immediately disband Bill.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:24 am 
    This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner
    Hmm. Carnymancy can't be used to remove a Fate, only add to it. I bet that if the scroll is used, before the end of the story, Parson will still be Fated to croak Charlie personally. And Parson will return to do so. If used the way RVC implies, it might even link the TV portal to Stupidworld.
    Also, is it just me or does the art imply that Bill made Bunny's doll more... anatomically correct than Maggie's? (Yes, I skipped the pun, shame on me.) I know one of Bunny's reminiscence updates mentioned him forcing himself on it, but I don't remember the exact wording, and it's not conclusive either way.

"The strong trample the weak, and the weak become as thorns and briars, until the strong are forced to kneel. Then the weak find they have become the strong, and the cycle starts anew. Such is the way of the world."

I can also be found here.

Last edited by Horatio Von Becker on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:28 am 
    Assuming Roger's scheme actually requires the caster link, this will be our first linkup with a warlord in it. I kinda wonder whether that would add any benefits.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:32 am 
    Polvane the eraser wrote:
    I am another one who doesn't know why Bill is assembling the Bunny doll. It doesn't make sense.

Plus I'm pretty sure that even a masterclass Foolamancer can't hide the Bunny doll's existence from its own Ruler, Caesar. Once animated through Dollamancy, it becomes a unit of Transylvito. Caesar would know that it is and where it is.

Maggie is in the room and overhearing their conversation. Maybe she knows enough to criticize Roger's claims.

Well, here's a thought. Maybe Roger WON'T hide it! Just stay with me here.

Step 1
    : Roger says that a Turnamancer would work best, but their Doller will do, while simultaneously convincing Bill to break orders and make the Bunny doll.
    Step 2: Bill finishes doll, and Roger doesn't hide it from Caesar. Caesar feels a new unit form, rushes down to see it, and sees the Bunny doll. Probably croaks/disbands Bill on the spot. (would be a dramatic moment for our first on-screen disbandment)
    Step 3: Roger goes "Oh noes, we needed a Spook to cast the spell!"
    "We have a Turnamancer in the dungeons, we never needed that flippin sicko." Replies Caesar
    "What a lucky coincidence!" Says Roger, lying through his teeth
    Step 4: Roger links up with Gotti and Vanna while Gotti holds the scroll. The masterclass Thinkamancer and the Adept Turnamancer magically bully Parson into wanting to cast the scroll then and there.

Or I'm just speculating wildly, that could be it too.

• Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:44 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    But why though?

Doesn't Roger know, by this point, that Parson didn't blow up the Temple?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:45 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So, Roger's a real piece of shit, huh? Those lies about Bunny to exploit Bill, who isn't exactly mentally mature, is just disgust upon disgust. What a slimy little creature.

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:48 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    kagato23 wrote:
    So gotti's getting involved again at last! It'd be funny if this actually backfired by working exactly as Roger is bs'ing at the man.

Definitely a possibility, and one I would very much enjoy. One other thing I'm interested in seeing is if this linkup happens, will Roger and Vanna find out that Parson actually is a latent caster (probably a Signamancer, as we've all been guessing)?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:49 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    I fear it will be Christmas before we learn how Roger's plot plays out. I REALLY want it to blow up in his face. Watching him solemnly tell those whoppers to Bill, and then insinuate the scroll into a bogus exploit to pretend to enable Parson's infiltration of bats into CC filled me with a disgust that I normally reserve for Charlie.

Come on, Parson! Put that big brain of yours to work!

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions