Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 281
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:08 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 281
     Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:17 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    "I treat my body like a temple/you treat yours like a tent"
    -Fruitcakes.

Are we getting into Jimmy Buffet territory? Does it pop rations?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:25 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Yay, have been hoping for an update. Thought it was two skips in a row :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:31 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So Isaac really might have been leveling the playing field in Charlie's favor, not all Predictamancers are fatalistic like Marie, and the tower-turned-temple has a name which also doubles as an Airplane! joke.

This is the best update in quite some time. :D

I don't totally understand what happened with the Weirdomancer. Any ideas?

Also, it seems Phillip intends for Buck to be baited into entering the tunnels, or perhaps even just Charlsecomm. Theories?

(Edits for spelling. Several times. :oops: )

Finally, I think it should be "access to 68 channels"

Last edited by DreadArchon on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:36 am 
    So Charlie's tower is forcing him to focus on his business rather than pursuing Parson and GK. I have a feeling this is going to become normal for Charlie, he's going to have to learn to live without Gardening (If that's even possible, he may very well wind up croaking due to withdrawal). As well as making sure all his "chores" are done before he gets any free time.

I have a feeling that the vast network that Charlie used to pride himself on is going to start acting a major anchor around his neck for the several turns while he tries to reorganize his side back to its normal efficiency.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:41 am 
    I think the temple bit is the really important fact we learned during this update, Jed is a temple as well by analogy and the title he uses for Stanely I think had some shaman/priest connotation.

Maybe the tool users are some sot of high priest, rulers normal priests and the cities temples.

Also lol at Charlie having to do his homework before he gets to play, though I am dissapointed at Aang for working with CC.

Also lol at Joffrey surviving as a ruler in Erfworld.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:45 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Feels like there were a lot of typos in this one. Missing words, maybe?

Still very interesting.

Surprised by the name. A google search of "Shirley" and "Peanuts" comes up with a short story called "One Ordinary Day, With Peanuts" by Shirley Jackson. Dunno if that's relevant or not.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:46 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Shiny Red Star Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I see Joffrey, Aang, Princess Peach, General Zod, and Big Mama Otose from Gintama/Landlady from Kung Fu Hustle. Possibly a Romulan or Reman. Maybe even Storm from X-men, as a ruler. Or maybe she is Aunty Entity from Mad Max? Can someone else recognize the rest?

It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Give it a go.

Last edited by youngstormlord on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:51 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Shirley Temple. The puns! Interesting she named herself and Jed was named.

• Tipped by 14 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:53 am 
    youngstormlord wrote:
    I see Joffrey, Aang, Princess Peach and Big Mama. Possibly a Romulan or Reman. Can someone else recognize the rest?

I think the lady in the blue military uniform is Maria Ross from Fullmetal Alchemist.

Also... Shirley Temple! As for CDS's observation, perhaps it's because she wasn't animated by her own side?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:55 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    youngstormlord wrote:
    I see Joffrey, Aang, Princess Peach, General Zod and Big Mama Otose from Gintama. Possibly a Romulan or Reman. Maybe even Storm from X-men, as a ruler. Or maybe she is Aunty Entity from Mad Max? Can someone else recognize the rest?

Not sure which one you think is Zod. Doesn't Zod have a beard? Plus, Charlie already appeared as Zod in Thinkspace when he suggested that they kill the fat man.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:55 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Year of the Dwagon Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Shirley Temple was married to Charles A. Black :D

• Tipped by 19 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:57 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Year of the Dwagon Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    If Shirley Temple is capable of being this disruptive to a side against its ruler's wishes, Gobwin Knob is very fortunate that Jed has been as cooperative as he has been.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:57 am 
    Ganurath wrote:
    Also... Shirley Temple! As for CDS's observation, perhaps it's because she wasn't animated by her own side?

Why did I miss the obvious joke?

Well, the signamancy of that name is VERY interesting. Because Shirley Temple was who was originally considered to play the part of Dorothy, before the role went to Judy Garland. So, more fuel to the fire that Charlie is not from Erf.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:58 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Shiny Red Star Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    youngstormlord wrote:
    I see Joffrey, Aang, Princess Peach, General Zod and Big Mama Otose from Gintama. Possibly a Romulan or Reman. Maybe even Storm from X-men, as a ruler. Or maybe she is Aunty Entity from Mad Max? Can someone else recognize the rest?

Where do you see Peach? o_0 And google didn't help me understand who you mean by General Zod and Big Mama Otose from Gintama

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:59 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Year of the Dwagon Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Also is that Joffrey from GOT on bottom right? :)

Of course ninjaed several times :)

Bonus: Shirley with an Archon ;)
    https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_Temple#/media/File:Ambassador_to_Czechoslovakia_Shirley_Temple_19901025.jpg

Last edited by Dusso on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:00 am 
    DukeBG wrote:
    youngstormlord wrote:

Where do you see Peach? o_0 And google didn't help me understand who you mean by General Zod and Big Mama Otose from Gintama

That's because stormlord didn't use the Oxford comma. General Zod, and Big Mama Otose from Gintama.

General Zod is one of Superman's foes. But I don't see him among the pictured.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:02 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    For anyone outside the US (or inside who never lived near one of these), here's the title pun: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_Records

I love the name Shirley Temple! No coincidence, I'm sure, that the eponymous drink is a decidedly sober one. I also like how she's changed the signamancy of Charlie's connection to the 'dish into safety gear (bike helmet and knee pads).

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:13 am 
    Shirey Temple's wiki has this little gem.

Quote:
    While at the dance school, she was spotted by Charles Lamont, who was a casting director for Educational Pictures. Temple hid behind the piano while she was in the studio. Lamont took a liking to the young actress and invited her to audition; he signed her to a contract in 1932. Educational Pictures was going to launch their Baby Burlesks, multiple short films satirizing recent film and political events using preschool children in every role.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:14 am 
    Oh my god, Charlie has a mom, this is such an awesome turn of events! :mrgreen:
    First it felt kinda bad that the tower which the Minds made into a temple is on Charlie's side after all and helped him out instead of letting him croak, but seeing her behave like his mom is so hilarious! Imagine what would've happened if Jed had been like this to Stanley! :mrgreen:
    Now I think I know what Isaac meant when he said that he didn't want to cheat Fate out of its victory, i.e. by letting Charlie croak without Parson doing it.

Interesting that the Weirdomancer wanted some Jojo action for satisfaction. Onanistic indeed.

Btw: This update is easily the size of 2 updates. :-)

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions