Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 278
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:23 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 278
     Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:25 pm 
    IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Interesting. The doll is Isaac now? Will he remain past the turn in this new form? Time will tell.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:30 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool!
    Technically they shouldn't need the wrench to get out of there, as there's still just an ordinary dirt plug near the Dirtamansion.

Binding of Isaac... I guess that makes sense, but it sure still threw me!

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:36 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So our heroic casters survived the link. I didn't expect that.

Maybe portal mischief is still in the cards.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:38 pm 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Does this mean pineapple broke Isaac up from the 8.2 link too and installed him on the d̶o̶l̶l̶ action figure? He speaks remarkably unkafkian now.

I guess "not cheating the world of its victory" means the croaked thinkamancers will ride peacefully into the sunset next turn, leaving behind their fellow dolled up headmaster, since he wasn't crushed under the temple's rubble.

Last edited by cu on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I am wondering how Wanda plans to get out now that Ivan can no longer break the portal collar from underneath the world.

Also, does anyone still have a copy of that image of Sylvia holding a joint while telling the dragons to inhale? It was my profile pic and now I fear tis lost forever =(

Last edited by Sylvan on Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:42 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Awww, did Wanda just comfort the doll into not crying anymore? With a hug? <3

I'm curious if this is "really" Isaac or just the most advanced cloth golem ever created.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:52 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    What? I don't even....

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:52 pm 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    And what's up with Tondelayo? Is pineapple going to veil her as Wanda and have her lynched by the caster mob, perhaps?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:55 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Interesting. I wonder if Big Think was unable to process the grief, so action figure Isaac is experiencing it all now. Hopefully we'll see Transylvito next. I suspect Roger will be VERY surprised when Parson gets that call.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:55 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    So if that really somehow is Isaac (and I sure hope we get some explanation as to how such a thing was even possible), then it seems likely "he" would be able to survive the pending implosion of Big Think at end/start of Turn.

Indeed, that could be the reason why Isaac has subsumed the doll-- he used it as a "life raft" for his consciousness. Also suggesting the possibility that Isaac is no longer part of the 8.0.

Sheer speculation of course; canon exposition desperately wanted!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:57 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Did Big Think hijack Issac's body and exile his mind to the doll? And could this be done with Bunny?

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:01 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Wow, I just noticed that the Isaac action figure is half Isaac, half insect (probably caterpillar from the shape). So, one final Kafka reference.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:03 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Wow, whatever Roger is up to is about to hit a bit of a snag...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:04 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I too was surprised the two casters survived that experience. I wonder if Stanley could tell that they changed/disappeared momentarily but now are back as before. Apparently Wanda didn't sense anything.

If Wanda had known the offer was for a temporary link-up that would be ended with no pain/effort then I think she might have joined in, but her caution prevailed.

The full-juice exploit was a useful but dangerous plot device; I'll be glad if Poe and Claude don't remember the details and can't pull it off w/out the Mind/Isaac physically present at the base of a portal.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:08 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Realeyna wrote:
    Wow, I just noticed that the Isaac action figure is half Isaac, half insect (probably caterpillar from the shape). So, one final Kafka reference.

Probably a cockroach. Both because of the metamorphosis, and because roaches are associated with being hard to kill.

Either way, that's totally Kafkaesque, yo.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:10 pm 
    So what I'm getting is that the Great Mind-set literally bound Isaac to the doll. Really should have thought of that possibility, but I was overthinking it. Gotta remember to KISS (Knights In Simple Stupid).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:13 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I think the Isaac doll is referencing Binding Of Isaac and not Kafka.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:20 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool!
    Sorry, I'm not seeing caterpillar or cockroach in the Binding of Isaac figure. What am I missing?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:22 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    Lipkin wrote:
    Did Big Think hijack Issac's body and exile his mind to the doll? And could this be done with Bunny?

Your mention of Bunny made me think of Maggionette: what if Isaac's consciousness isn't in the doll itself, but rather the doll is simply acting as a conduit back to Isaac who is still trance-fused in the 8.0?

A remote interface of sorts for the "Isaac specific portion" of Big Think, much as Maggionette is a "remote access terminal" for Maggie via the G-string between Maggie and Maggionette.

And would the doll then be limited to contact only with the Isaac aspect of BT (because Isaac's string was used to usurp control of the doll), or could other minds within the BT trance-fusion also be accessed via the doll?

Just more "blue skying", to be sure...

Edit for typo and: Would that then make the doll "Little Think"? And would it thereby be a terminal for a "Private Brain eXchange" (PBX) system? ;)

Last edited by Aion on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions