Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:54 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
I dont understand anything.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 275
     Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:54 pm 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit

Go Franz Kafka!

So, metamorphosis of Isaac, the doll, the tower... even Ivan and Claud. The poor guys seem stuck in fusion even without contact.

Here's my Erfics: Hungry Jungle. -- Completed!

The Overlord's New Clothes -- Two parter, Completed

Unjust Deserts -- Completed!

• Tipped by 9 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:55 pm 
    Trivia Time!

Verwandlung is the original title of Kafka's Metamorphosis.

...And Spicymancer beats me by seconds. Well played.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:58 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    "One must not cheat ... even the world of its victory."
    Okay, sounds like this has two meanings.

First, that Charlie is doomed and can be defeated w/o "cheating", whatever that means. This is probably a good thing in the end, since cheating would involve GK becoming the new Big Bad.

Secondly, BT may be refering to death, and deciding that while he/it/pineapple might be able to survive, it would require becoming another boogyeman. Hence the binding of Isaac -- Isaac's willingness to face death.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:02 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    None of this possibly can make sense without more context. Those of you who might attempt to decode what Isaac meant by what he said I highly doubt will have any answers which remotely approach reality.

What we know: the link is still active, Isaac is leaving the area for some reason, they did something to the portal column, and there is a new doll (or transformed one, probably) that Isaac messed around with.

The link still being active could mean that it isn't possible to easily break it. Or perhaps Isaac simply wants to keep control over them for the immediate future.

Isaac leaving the area probably has to do with some new plan of his to take on Charlie, since his idea to use the armor seems to have failed. However, what could this be? It clearly isn't a usual attack plan, since he's leaving the area alone. Perhaps he means to go after Charlie's sympathizers in the magic kingdom, or find some potential allies to get help? If he meant to help Parson and co., he wouldn't be leaving Wanda behind like that.

What was done to the portal column could have simply been getting juice from it, as they were before. It is a stretch to think that anything else was done, and given Isaac's cryptic messages about "not cheating" in this very update, I highly doubt that he just finished cheating by breaking the portal in some further way. So far, it seems that he is doing everything in his power to "prevent" breaking Erfworld with his new abilities and with what he figures out he can do (plus he has the full knowledge of forbidden thinkamancer discovered stuff). Short of breaking things to the bare minimum that is required for his immediate goals.

What he did to the doll could have had something to do with his plan, but I find the most likely explanation to be that he simply wanted to prevent Charlie from being able to spy on them down there, so "bound" the doll in some way (perhaps messed with its string).

This update brings up more questions than is "normal." Still, I'll push those questions out of my mind until the next update, whenever that may be!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:03 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    No one in particular wrote:
    Verwandlung translates to transformation (or metamorphosis), so I think Isaac just changed the unit type of the doll.

And what do we know of etsies? They cost upkeep, have one hit... and no move, no attack. Without harming it, Isaac has removed the doll as a threat.

In a Binding Of Isaac sort of way.

Also ninja'd, but it is the German title of Metamorphosis. Also, the "sharp claws" references the inability to leave your birthplace or true home. Perhaps that is the Temple for Isaac?

Isaac, as BT, is no longer trying to Cheat to beat the cheater Charlie. That means sacrificing anything resembling vengeance.

Don't know why he is taking Tondy's body, or why Wanda is OK with that. Or even where he would be going, since it isn't through Charlescomm portal. Maybe not through any portal? The cart only goes underground, and the only other interesting place I can think of is the root columns of the Temple.

That is, the place where he came from, and where the others remain. Did contact with the Charlescomm portal give him some guidance about using the Temple columns? We never did know where those things came from.

Is the doll still a Charlescomm unit? It doesn't look like it can move, if it is like an Etsie, so I don't have a clue about its purpose.

No Wonky Wrench either. Is all Carnymancy cheating then?

Wanda is still perfectly OK going along with Fate, even if it looks like a bad idea. The hard way indeed. She is now left with either going back to her plan to rescue the prisoners, or staying underground until BT comes back. If that ever happens. Or going through to Charlescomm, which would seem even more suicidal than BT's first plan, and less likely to do anything useful.

It is going to be a long wait until we find out.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:10 pm 
    Facebook: james.w.frizell
    Google+: +JamesFrizell
    Twitter: JamesFrizell
    You know, years from now that Binding of Isaac reference is probably going to look super freaky to people reading this when it gets forgotten.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:13 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I do believe Issac just trumped Wanda's fatalism. "More fatalistic than thou", is Wanda's whole deal. I'm guessing she is now in deep shock.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:14 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I'm sorry. I have no idea what just happened.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:16 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Amazing cliffhanger!

Oh, wow, there's going to be a huge break in updates...

Excuse me while I tear out my eyes. XD

Pledge to the toolshed to show your support for Erfworld in the downtime:

https://login.erfworld.com/toolshed

Last edited by Beeskee on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

JamesFrizell wrote:
    You know, years from now that Binding of Isaac reference is probably going to look super freaky to people reading this when it gets forgotten.

The Binding of Isaac always looks super freaky. SO MANY TEARS!

I think Big Think cut up the strings of Dirtamancer and Dollamancer, to stop them from wanting to make the golem. If only someone had Pliers that could affect strings!

If a post in a reaction thread irks you, consider PMs, or the use of a thread in another subforum and invite the poster there. This isn't reddit, but I want to hit the [-] button to skip past all the feels to find crunchy or baseless speculation.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

That Doll is way too close to Charlie's signamancy for it to be a coincidence. Crazy-but-possible theory is Issac bound Charlie's string into the doll, causing the change.

...There's no reason for Issac to walk away otherwise.

Okay. Issac just finished Charlie.

E: reasoning.

Spoiler: show
    - Issac just picked up someone who had a new angle on strings.
    - The prophecy was preventing Issac from sticking his hand in Charlescomm's portal and cutting Charlie's string
    - This still allows fulfillment of Charlie's 'killed by Parson' fate. (if Parson destroys the MK far in the future)
    - Leaving without Claude or Ivan. (If the theory holds they've been lobotomized, either from the link or backlash since guns would fall under cheating)
    - There's no reason to leave Wanda behind either unless the task was done.

Last edited by kotrochuko on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:17 pm 
    Is he holding the wonky wrench as he carts away?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:29 pm 
    Isaac transformed the doll. That's so meta(morphosis).

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:30 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    The doll now looks like Amumu he mummy from League of Legends. And maybe the mummy is now the portal golem?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:30 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I believe this is the reason Wanda ends up at portal park - Isaac's sending her back to the path she'd have taken if not for all the 'cheating'.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:39 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Isaac needs a Carnymancer in the link to make the armor.
    The doll thing is connected directly to Charlie.
    If they link to the doll, they link to Charlie.

Charlie is now part of Isaac.

It seems very apparent from his statement:
    "In a war between yourself and the grand cosmos, you must stack with the grand cosmos."

Last edited by Falcon X on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:40 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I think this will help people understand...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UvCYpmsfNE

Binding of Isaac Intro wrote:

Isaac and his mother lived alone in a small house on a hill. Isaac kept to himself, drawing pictures and playing with his toys as his mom watched Christian broadcasts on the television.
    Life was simple, and they were both happy.
    That was, until the day Isaac's mom heard a voice from above: "Your son has become corrupted by sin! He needs to be saved!"

"I will do my best to save him, my Lord," Isaac's mother replied, rushing into Isaac's room, removing all that was evil from his life.

Again, the voice called to her:
    "Isaac's soul is still corrupt! He needs to be cut off from all that is evil in this world and confess his sins."

"I will follow your instructions, Lord. I have faith in thee," Isaac's mother replied, as she locked Isaac away in his room, away from the evils of the world.

One last time, Isaac's mom heard the voice of God calling to her:
    "You have done as I asked, but I still question your devotion to me. To prove your faith, I will ask one more thing of you."

"Yes, Lord. Anything," Isaac's mother begged.

"To prove your love and devotion, I require a sacrifice. Your son Isaac will be this sacrifice. Go into his room and end his life as an offering to me, to prove that you love me above all else!"

"Yes, Lord," she replied, grabbing a butcher's knife from the kitchen.
    Isaac, watching through a crack in the door, trembled in fear. Scrambling around his room to find a hiding place, he noticed a trapdoor to the basement, hidden under his rug. Without hesitation, he flung open the hatch just as his mother burst through his door and threw himself down into the unknown depths below.
    So, Isaac, mother, sin/cheating, higher power, a basement, and toys. That's a lot of overlap.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

Last edited by Lipkin on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
  • Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:43 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Considering how the previous chapter ended, I think the "dear little mother" refers to the will of Charlescomm and the "sharp claws" suggest an animosity, either towards Charlie or Isaac. Considering that Jed does not seem to have a duty to GK, and that Isaac now seems unconcerned with directly confronting Charlie, it seems likely that he's satisfied with either:

1) having given thought to CCPortal (with the expectation that it will thwart Charlie somehow)

2) de-rigging the portal column such that CC can no longer draw juice from it (which could be bad news in conjunction with Parson's golem plan, if all of CC's traps become disabled)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:44 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    As I read it, Isaac learned he couldn't make his suit without a Carnymancer, and at least for the moment has either chosen not to pursue that course of action or is en route to go get one. Even if he doesn't though we now know it can be done, so I predict it will be, probably by Parson at some point. The Binding of Isaac doll is fitting in that it ties in with Isaac continuing to be constrained by the world, and its rules. As for whether or not they brought the CC tower to life... INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions