Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 274
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:45 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 274
     Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:27 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    The next Jed! This might explain why Jed is so eager to have his portal kipi'd. He may feel/actually be incomplete without it.

I'm very pleasantly surprised to learn how much will Claud and Ivan still seem to have in state 8.2. Might this have something to do with their friendship on Erf? Maggie and Sizemore mentioned in the Book 1 Epilogues that liking one another outside a link could help them work better together inside it.

It's also interesting that making living dolls seems to be the natural inclination of any Dollamancer that sees more of Thinkamancy. Or at least the inclination of all the ones we've seen so far.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: ...no, your mom!
     Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:35 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    My God, I feel just like Claud. I too have had an entire planned speech interrupted by a better one liner.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:38 am 
    This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Threads and strings. Not a coincidence, I think.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:38 am 
    Huh, I always heard it as "Warp and Weft"

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:41 am 
    Took embarrassingly long to realize that this was a dirtamancer-dollamancer link up like the one that made Jed. Barely clicked before Parson and Jed were brought up. Glad to see some execution on the "oldest Decisions" bit of foreshadowing. And all the thinkamancy-dollamancy exploration we've gotten with Bunny and Bill and Maggie.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:43 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Looks like another key to peace on erf. Hack the towers and attached columns to provide infinite shockamancy to them, rather than casters slowly charging them up each day. Your city is now effectively impregnable.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:44 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Yeah, that's not going to end badly at all. =/

-The Song of Maybe

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:46 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I'm just imagining if suddenly the CC tower is an intelligent golem who decides it wants to own the nifty dish on top of its head.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:50 am 
    Somehow, I think upgrading Charlie's tower is going to be a treaty violation...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:52 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    That Cloth Charlescomm sure has the Signamancy of a Dark Carnival...

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:53 am 
    This user is a Tool!
    I have significantly more hope for Ivan and Claud to survive this experience than I did previously.

Also: What in the hell? Awakening Storybro from a distance? To...what end? It sounds insane.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:56 am 
    This page is incredible. Erfworld is good generally but this part is especially good.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:58 am 
    I'm guessing Charlie's Tower was Fated to do this. And the Arkendish will have its true wielder: a tower. Which may well go Skynet. Charlie was probably using Carnymancy to attune, and that is why he can ally with Parson without winning everything - he'll have lost most of his Archons, his resources, and so on, and the endboss will have infinite juice, the Arkendish, and possibly an omni-caster linkup. (But probably not. The Omnicaster will probably die or become its own side in Book Four.)

"The strong trample the weak, and the weak become as thorns and briars, until the strong are forced to kneel. Then the weak find they have become the strong, and the cycle starts anew. Such is the way of the world."

I can also be found here.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:00 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    A solid plan. I think they've covered all the unknowns.

I love this plan! I'm excited to be a part of it! Let's do it!

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:01 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So, now we get to see what happens if we repeat the Jed experiment with all master-class (or above) casters, plus detailed knowledge of the portal column. I suspect the result is going to be... interesting.
    I'm really hoping it turns out that all towers innately speak Hawaiian :mrgreen:
    "KAHUNA KOLOHE, I WANT A WORD WITH YOU..."

And I think this update proves that the Thinkamancers have no monopoly on insight (see also the discussions on Roger's views a few pages back) Dollamancy is just as good a framework for understanding the nature of Erfworld - and probably all other branches of magic can make an equal claim.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:02 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Man, imagine being Charlie right now. You've lost a ton of Archons, including several of those closest to you. Your reputation that you've worked so hard for has been trashed to the point where you are now forbidden from hiring from the Magic Kingdom. Your tower has been damaged, and you capability to function impaired. On all counts, it's the worst day you've had for probably thousands of turns.

Imagine going through all that, and then your tower starts talking to you. Even if it doesn't attack, it'd almost certainly be overwhelming.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:04 am 
    Quite a relief to learn that Claud's "incorruptible" devotion to the concept of "rules" has a weakness. I was starting to be afraid that he was willing to grab the buss bars and destroy himself, Dirtamancer, and Big Think rather than create another Jed.

ETA: Hey, page 1! There ought to be a badge for that. :mrgreen:

Last edited by kaylasdad99 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:04 am 
    "Why not?"

After that whole speech and everything, I was hoping for at least a tiny bit more caution. Then again, while Claud was making an argument rather than a threat at the beginning of it, he fully intended to end it as a threat.

I guess I gotta give Wanda props on calling that one even if she was guessing.

So, is this even State 8 anymore, or something utterly beyond what the GMTTA ever theorized? And how much of it is going to end up animating CC?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:08 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Wooow. Claud is convinced that the tower will obey his will but... ...Jed isn't exactly obeying Ace. He's working for GK, but not really in a master-slave kind of way.

This also leads to how Parson can croak Charlie and the game isn't over. It'll be Parson and Jed against a sentient city/tower/portal column with the Dish and infinite juice.

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions