Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 270
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:36 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 270
     Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:41 pm 
    love the artsy text updates . . . food for thinks~!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:41 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Yes, emptying the treasury is the the bright idea of the turn. Seems like lots of moving parts in that plan.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:42 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    And cue the Benny Hill music!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:43 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Idea here that the golems take enough hits to pay back the penalties for invading CC... I like it, but it's risky.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:46 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I love the one rock golem giving the thumbs up in the lava. Also nice Mario reference.

-The Song of Maybe

Last edited by Shai hulud on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:47 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Digging the 2D Mario signamancy here. As is common in a lot of recentish updates, though, can't tell if the illustration is actually happening or just an imagination scene until the next one drops. Probably the latter, though. :X

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:47 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So when are we getting a real game of "Rock Golem Runner"? I'd play the boop out of that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:48 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    "Place or create units"
    Now I'm wondering if certain decripted Predictamancer wasn't actually telling a partial truth before...

Last edited by Shen Hibiki on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:48 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Hey Rob, can you fix the "in" at the end of the 4th to last sentence? It's a little too hard to read.

Thanks,
    ~n

Jargon generally only superceeds the lay definition if it is being used by people speaking to people that recognize that jargon. If not being used by people that recognize that Jargon, then one should not insist on the Jargon definition being applied.

Last edited by neogeo on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:49 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    The face on that thwomp. He means business.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:49 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Would you look at that, the forums guessed Parson's plan.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:50 pm 
    Wonder how easy it would be for TV to set up a contract with GK to transfer control of any unit it owns within CC to GK... they'd already be inside so they wouldn't take the entrance penalty, and they'd be taking the "shortest way out" (as long as GK doesn't know FOR SURE that the portal is always "rigged", then the contract should allow them to walk out instead of being forced to gamble on portal-suicide).

And if CC attacks GK's new golems while they peacefully walk up and out of CC's tower, well, what could GK have done otherwise, after gaining those new units?

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:55 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Life_SSB wrote:
    Digging the 2D Mario signamancy here. As is common in a lot of recentish updates, though, can't tell if the illustration is actually happening or just an imagination scene until the next one drops. Probably the latter, though. :X

Remember that we've seen the inside of Charlie's portal room - it's Vegas, not Bowser's Basement.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:56 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Aww we had such a nice string of actual story progression going. I mean it's always nice to get wide forum theories confirmed or denied but this will make the contract a page 1 topic

Last edited by TheDarkOne on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:01 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I like the design of this page page more than the other journal pages. It looks even more like actual notes, with the cross-outs and the scribbles where he needed to add stuff after he ran out of his space.

So I'm a bit confused about his plan. Is he trying to repeatedly trigger default? Doesn't that just open negotiations with Charlie, which weren't at all favorable to him last time? How is his plan going to change once he finds out more about the gestalt? That will happen, probably as soon as he contacts Ivan, Wanda, or Claude.

And I guess Marie is still doing a thing too. Which, naturally, Parson doesn't know about.

I fully respect that Parson needs to have an incomplete understanding of the situation, if he's going to be portrayed as a better tactician than Erfworld natives and he's going to be actually challenged, but I think at some point we need to transition to Parson actually doing things instead of thinking about doing them.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:02 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    This is an... interesting idea. But remember the first rule of Gambling: House always wins.

Don't gamble with the carnymancer. Seems like Charlie would get signamantic bonus for this sort of shenanigan.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:02 am 
    Always a good hypothetical update to catch up on plans and to set up for the next one. I don't trust anything that relies on RVC, but it's a solid plan for now. Let's hope the Deisaac sidetrack ties into this. Having access to a State 8.1 for whatever you need to do is good. Though if you help them with their juice hack (since you're gonna need some anyway) and they turn against you later..

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:07 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I'm thinking they should get Claud into Charlescomm so he can mass-animate the 30,000 failed etsys sitting in Charlescomm's outer walls. They have 0 attack, so it should be safe to leave them unlead.

• Tipped by 8 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:10 am 
    This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    For me, this is one of the rare instances where the update feels like filler... that's, unfortunate, but I'm still looking forward to the resolution.

If I have any complaint it's that Parson's notes need to be longer. :/

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions