Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 266
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:47 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 266
     Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:53 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Hel-lo, look at all those gems. Now what could Parson be wanting to do with those?

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:54 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Given that Roger already wants to eliminate Maggie, and given his knowledge of Bill and what he's done, I can't imagine he'll be happy about the Maggie-golem. Unfortunately, I've got no clue what he'll do about it, but I don't know he will just let it slide.

EDIT: So the spell being cast is Ben turning shmuckers into gems. I wonder if Maggie can get any sense of what is going on with Roger as he is on call as he walks in...

Last edited by Daerandir on Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:54 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    I'm betting those gems are related to Parson's moneymancy exploit to turn schmuckers into juice.

Edited to clarify that such an exploit is inferred, not known in canon

Last edited by Aion on Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:55 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So many gems.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:55 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Lotta gemstones. Also Parsons eyes look funny again.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:57 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Ah, just look at Parson's smile.

I hope Parson is wary enough to not let Roger anywhere near him. In the best case scenario, they can manage to convince Roger that it was Charlie - for sure - who went after the Great Minds That Think Alike. This might be enough to make him into an ally, rather than an enemy, but Roger would need a lot of convincing considering how he is basically carnying himself to believe that Parson must be in the wrong. Largely due to his past loyalties and attachments to Unaroyal.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:58 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm frankly getting exhausted of how every time something intense or dramatic happens, it's immediately torn away by a cut to yet another of what must be at this point a dozen different plots happening at once.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:00 am 
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit
    Spy vs Spy.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Aion wrote:
    I'm betting those gems are related to Parson's moneymancy exploit to turn schmuckers into juice.

Edited to clarify that such an exploit is inferred, not known in canon

Perhaps - my thought is that after Maggie sensed the 5mil schmucker hit from the Action Figure incident, Parson is doing an exploit long predicted by the forums. Take the treasury and convert it to 500,000 schmucker gems so that every treasury hit is not 5mil - it's 1/2 the treasury, or one 500k gem and a "claim" initiation.

EDIT: I count 16 gems. If they're 500k each, that's 8mil in gems on the table out of the 25mil that GK had remaining after Claud's penalty.

Last edited by neko on Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tipped by 9 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    His task sounds a lot harder than I'd anticipated.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:01 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    The previous update from Roger's perspective gave me the impression that he was going to immediately string sever Parson. It seems like his plan now is to take things a bit more slowly.

Also, I'd be very surprised if Vanna can make Parson want to cast the scroll. She didn't have much luck with decrypted Ansom so I think someone from a foreign universe is similarly going to be beyond her abilities.

Last edited by Axiom on Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:03 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    It occurs to me that Parson might be trying some kind of money-moving exploit with the gems, maybe not, too early to tell at this point.

The bad part of this though is that Maggie seems genuinely happy to see RVC, which means that RVC wasn't "mind raping" her as was previously thought when she first made contact with him.

It also means that she's going to be completely crushed when she finds out that she's already Bad.

It also shows just how "drunk with power" the thinkamancers are that RVC should realize that pretty much all of them are croaked, and yet still assumes that they're in any position to judge other thinkamancers as "bad". If I were Parson, I'd be building up a small army/coalition of "Bad" thinkamancers just to spit in the not-bad ones' collective spiteful faces.

Of course, I could be wrong... entirely wrong.

They've got a foolamancer remember.

So, what are the odds that Maggie revealed what she could, and they don't fully trust RVC, and they decided to try and trick him, say... by having Maggie and the doll did a little switch?

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:03 am 
    Of interest to me is that RVC is relying on "his Foolamancy senses more than anything" here, while on page 221, Janis was most worried about RVC throwing Foolamancy into the mix. Guess she had more to be worried about then than she realized.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:04 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I hope Jack is near and uses his eyemancy senses to notice what RVC is doing.

Mana gems - how cute.

What are the chances he takes Maggie hostage and forces Parson home (or tries to...)..probly low. Manipulation and subterfuge is more his play...

2. If you get into the dungeon bad things can happen
    3. Tramps trump tripper

Enjoy your stay!
    Your Transylvito Tourist Team

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Arci wrote:
    The bad part of this though is that Maggie seems genuinely happy to see RVC, which means that RVC wasn't "mind raping" her as was previously thought when she first made contact with him.

What are you referencing here?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Interesting, that must be Jillian's money Benny is icing. :tv:

To what possible end though?... you guys don't suppose gems are somehow infinitely hard or something, do you? For them to create actual armor out of.

The Overlord's New Clothes -- Two parter, Completed!

Unjust Deserts -- Updated July 23!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:06 am 
    neko wrote:
    Perhaps - my thought is that after Maggie sensed the 5mil schmucker hit from the Action Figure incident, Parson is doing an exploit long predicted by the forums. Take the treasury and convert it to 500,000 schmucker gems so that every treasury hit is not 5mil - it's 1/2 the treasury, or one 500k gem and a "claim" initiation.

That makes sense to me and seems the most reasonable explanation. Although I do like the mana gems idea. +1!

Also, I feel I should clarify, those two thoughts in my edit are completely unconnected. Just happened to pop in at the same time.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Spicymancer wrote:
    Interesting, that must be Jillian's money Benny is icing. :tv:

To what possible end though?... you guys don't suppose gems are somehow infinitely hard or something, do you? For them to create actual armor out of.

Diamond armor wouldn't be a bad call at this point.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    "MASKIROVKA" IS RUSSIAN FOR "DISGUISE"!

Just had to shout that out before reading anything in the thread.

• Tipped by 9 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions