Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 264
 Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:59 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Sharik wrote:
This comic is rapidly becoming Charlie vs. Fate and everyone else is basically just a pawn.

Which I guess is about how Charlie has always seen it, come to think.

But it's narratively novel that he appears to be right.

Just remembering that the full effort of Charlie is to defeat the Fate around himself.
... and maybe, just maybe, Parson is the way that Fate took to impose itself over the overlordy carnymancy / arkendish tricks from Charly to avoid Fate....

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:01 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    yuffiek wrote:
    So, the Star-Child is apparently a Weirdomancer... and Weirdomancy is the ability to emulate other disciplines. Foolamancy cloaking and Thinkamancy thread cutting...

Good news is that as an independent unit, Star-Child didn't cost the GK treasury a chunkload, and Wanda now has a bunch of Archons to Decrypt.

I don't think it is a Weirdomancer. It is a conglomeration of multiple master class eyemancers. Isaac himself was a master of 2 of the 3 and an adept in the other. Given the remote string cutting here, the being is representing at least a state 7 trance-fusion.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:01 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Sharik wrote:
    rbowman1234 wrote:
    If that's an intrinsic property of at tuning to an arkentool why aren't there units that feel the same way towards Stanley?

There are. We just don't hear them talk about it much because they're all dwagons.

I don't know if I agree with that. Dragons aren't sapient units, they are heavy flying mounts and are loyal to whichever side pops them. They are more like megalowgwifs and tanenbaums. They don't get to choose their loyalty.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:02 pm 
    Boop.

Rob goes and makes us like Tondelayo? Of course she has to die next update.

This is why we can't have nice things.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:02 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Next question: does Deisaac/do the GMs want to be decrypted? That would be a pretty damn good reason to rescure Wanda, but has some serious complications of its own. (To say nothing of the fact that they were more-than-willing to see Wanda executed.)

Like, if Wanda decrypts the GMs, who ends up in charge? The collective will of the Overmind might, or might not, be enough to make Wanda their puppet once they have a connection to the 'Pliers. Plus Deisaac will not require decryption.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:03 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Thecommander236 wrote:
    Beeskee wrote:

Thank you once again Beeskee for introducing me to something awesome.

My pleasure. <3

Caprice wrote:
    Charlie's business might have just suffered a decapitation strike over the past few turns.

Yeah he's in trouble. Tho Charlie can pop 1 a turn, or 3 every 2 turns, so replacing them isn't hard, training them is. XD They apparently go through a lot just to get to AAA, nevermind FFF.

edit: I want that pic of Isaac happily skipping through the MK as an icon. I imagine everyone else does too. :D

Last edited by Beeskee on Fri May 26, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:04 pm 
    My only question is, did Marie predict this?

I was thinking that Wanda would turn to Faq and then kill the archons without giving Charlie any money. But this throws that out completely.

Seriously doubt that a single predictamancer could be more powerful than an uber caster in a deiform state. And Isaac even when he was normal was already super high level.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:04 pm 
    RE: Doll problem - it's a doll, I don't think Thinkamancers can cut doll strings if they even have them. Mindless unit and all.

This is why we can't have nice background updates - they die. Duncan, Georgia, Tondy, GMs, they're (mostly) dead

So my take - Lillith doing her thing humming, then blows Deisaac's veil (what even are the chances?)

To be honest, the New Bargain was made with the GMs who're dead. Deisaac is counted as something else?

Does this mean Deisaac might know of Maggie's involvement in all this? Uh oh.

Am thinking it's Charlie they're tied to. Lots of mention of him not it.

The string cutting slash looks suitably creepy. Or is that just the veil blowing? I think they're all surprised about how there are veiled archons moreso than the string cutting, which they react to in the next panel.

Interesting thing: Deisaac refers to themselves as plural. Definitely all the minds in one body then.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:05 pm 
    Nononononon. No! no...
    Tondy no...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Charlie is having a really bad day. Is the story approaching the end, or is something going to balance this out?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    ... I have no string theory to describe this.

===

Read everyone's comments. I think I understand this a bit.

"Delusionist"? Still no clue. Removing illusions, like a truthamancer?
    "Wizard of flaws" may be Charlie, but he wasn't showing lies. Not really. Showing 5 aces, with a pair of hidden jokers?

For Issaic to do this, he must have a reason and a next move. Hating Charlie is one thing; going all out like this is ...

What's his next move?
    Why try to blind Charlie?
    Why consider the life of 7 people so worthless?

Or, have we now succeeded in breaking Erfworld, and everything else is the cleanup?

"Charlie Foxtrot vs the Hampster Dance", round 2? No.
    Charlie vs the whole magic kingdom and several actors of fate.

Charlie losing is not an interesting conclusion at this point. Not when you have ... all this happening.

It's ... It's like role reversal from book 1. In book one, everything Parson did got turned around against him. Now, everything Charlie does gets turned around against him.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

I was kind of thinking Isaac might play into a solution with the Fox Forcers, but I didn't reckon it would be this fast. Also, to the one above speculating that he might be using Weirdomancy: Foolamancy, Thinkamancy, and Lookamancy are all components of Eyemancy, if I recall. Wasn't Isaac originally a Lookamancer? So, he's probably a master of at least two disciplines. And judging by how easily he goes undetected, at least an adept in Foolamancy. Whether this is granted by his Deiform or not, is yet to be explained.

Perhaps the reason he hasn't croaked the action figure is because he's not familiar enough with Stuffamancy to recognize how that unit type's strings function, perhaps he doesn't even recognize it properly as a unit. I mean, perhaps that's even why the Great Minds didn't croak it originally, either. I suspect he doesn't have any abilities the State 7 didn't already have. So, if they didn't recognize the Action Figure as a threat, or couldn't croak it with ranged string cutting, DeIsaac probably can't either.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Battle Crest Pins Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Windscion wrote:
    Next question: does Deisaac/do the GMs want to be decrypted? That would be a pretty damn good reason to rescure Wanda, but has some serious complications of its own. (To say nothing of the fact that they were more-than-willing to see Wanda executed.)

Like, if Wanda decrypts the GMs, who ends up in charge? The collective will of the Overmind might, or might not, be enough to make Wanda their puppet once they have a connection to the 'Pliers. Plus Deisaac will not require decryption.

If decryption is in effect restoring severed strings, I don't believe sh can decrypt the GMs as their strings aren't cut but transferred.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:08 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    Whoa

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:09 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Oh yes, I see now that Nothingmancer applies to Wanda. That makes it even funnier, as I've been saying for ages that Wanda does nothing with her juice and I wish we could see how awesome Master-class casters are more often :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:09 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool
    Holy boop!

The next thing to see, (as deuce called earlier) is if Marie expected this (maybe not the cause) but the event of Wanda escaping being killed. We'll have to watch what they do next.

And we also have the group headed by RVC moving toward the Transvitto portal. Perhaps that's where Marie is headed.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:10 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! This user has been published! This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Caprice wrote:
    On another topic - Charlie's leadership corps must be stretched really thin now that they've been mostly converted to leadership corpses.

wat.

:lol:

rbowman1234 wrote:
    Sharik wrote:
    rbowman1234 wrote:
    If that's an intrinsic property of at tuning to an arkentool why aren't there units that feel the same way towards Stanley?

There are. We just don't hear them talk about it much because they're all dwagons.

I don't know if I agree with that. Dragons aren't sapient units, they are heavy flying mounts and are loyal to whichever side pops them. They are more like megalowgwifs and tanenbaums. They don't get to choose their loyalty.

In the case of popping, indeed, they don't choose their loyalty. But there's still a countless amount of feral dwagons out there. Something makes them change their minds from freedom to following the tiny interesting guy with the equally interesting hammer.

If the underlying mechanic(s) is anything like the story of Lord Forecastle and the double eagle, then it's plenty emotional.

---

I have a fanfiction archive here and a DeviantArt page -- including Erfworld fanart this site hasn't seen -- here!

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:11 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    keybounce wrote:
    "Wizard of flaws" may be Charlie, but he wasn't showing lies.

It's a great description of Carnymancy though. The wizardry of breaking the rules, cooking the books, and generally abusing flaws in the system.

Quote:
    For Issaic to do this, he must have a reason and a next move. Hating Charlie is one thing; going all out like this is ...

What's his next move?

I'm afraid his next move might be getting shot. He's prancing around right out in the open, and it looks like Lilith almost noticed him. How long's his luck going to hold out?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:12 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Had a lot of things to say, like how Wizard of Flaws might mean that Isaac knows about the Wizard of Oz. But instead I will say this: Dat art tho.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:12 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Thecommander236 wrote:
    H-he... He didn't cut their strings. He cut their connection to the Arkendish and they died?! What?! That changes everything. Lilith she lack the connection to Charlie. She lost it when he was decrypted. The new string connected her to Wanda... I think that's good proof that if Wanda dies, the decrypted go with her. Unless the Wielder isnt what is important and the Tool is. But why are the strings connecting them to the Dish so... Why are they necessary to keep them alive...?

Maybe it's their connection to Charlie as their ruler and not the Dish as someone else suggested?

I think it's like the Arkenhammer and the Dwagons - it makes them ultra-loyal to Stanley. Feral ones and popped ones alike. It seems to me like the Arkentools reinforce the unit's string rather than making a second one tho. Like when Charlie was taking apart Lilith, he saw her string as a single string that led to Wanda.

edit: omg wizard of oz wizard of flaws... XD

edit2: and yeah Lilith saw Ultra-Issac, Archons can see through foolamancy. All the other lookamancers in MK just got croaked except RVC and maybe a few others.

Last edited by Beeskee on Fri May 26, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions