Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 260
 Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:59 am 
Here for the 10th Anniversary
Lipkin wrote:
We don't know what a fractured portal looks like on the other side. Maybe matching portals appear all over the portal room, and they just have to toss the pliers through.

Hell, Wanda just has to stick her head through and say "Hand me the pliers."

But it still gives Stanley the ability to send troops into the MK, and that alone is dangerous to Charlie. Especially if he knows about the Jed-eye-knights, because if he does then he knows that the last thing he'd want is a force that is nigh immune to caster's main defense and "gunning" for his own portal.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:00 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    He gave her the solution.

She will turn. Then while Charlie is getting his ruler sense around the hordes of uncroaked, she orders them to start punching whatever GK units are within reach.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:05 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Charlie sure paints a lovely picture... my bet is that it is a limited-time fabrication. If Wanda was to turn... Charlie would overthrow Stanley and GK and send Parson packing.

What then? GG, GG everyone... he'd take the Pliers and shed all the non-archon assets in the very next turn.

It's already established that he doesn't like having non-archon units and he doesn't like or trust anything directly on his side that doesn't swear complete subservience to him. Wanda would be snuffed out in the heartbeat.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:06 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Mined 4 Erf
    AOL: NOT FOR HONOR
    cudmaster wrote:
    He gave her the solution.

She will turn. Then while Charlie is getting his ruler sense around the hordes of uncroaked, she orders them to start punching whatever GK units are within reach.

Charlie wouldn't accept her turning for that reason.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:19 am 
    Yeah Charlie, hire the psychopat unit that specializes in betraying her own sides.

That worked out soooooo well for Charlie's daughter, didn't it?

In my humble opinion it would be much safer to just take Ivan and Claude back to Charlescom and leave Wanda trapped inside the bedrock.

Also this reminds me that Wanda does suffers from headaches, and if she had some type of magic to heal it she would never stop casting it.

So Charlie offering her some relief for that is something not even Wanda can ignore.

Mind you, I still want to see Wanda use the mythical headache spell. I bet Hamster's been tinkering about it ever since he got summoned.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:28 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Scoobydom eh?

Their ruler have a bonus to infiltrating certain buildings with watch me swooce right in?

Also, what I wanna know is 'Where's the caveman?!'.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:32 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Axiom wrote:
    Why is everyone saying that the offer of the hero buds will piss Wanda off?

Because Jillian sacrificed everything, literally, to save her from the buds?

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:36 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Hatu wrote:
    Well, the comic cheated there. We never saw the negotiation, so we never really learned why Parson decided to turn. Frankly, it still strikes me as absurd, but his desire to sacrifice himself for others is notion the closest to making sense. Perhaps we'll see what happened there someday.

You know, after all the recent pages and pages of exposition on relatively minor things that could have been skipped over, remembering this does kind of irk me. I enjoy most of these pages of exposition, but the time it would have been most interesting to see and hear and understand what happened between the characters involved...we simply weren't shown. Which wouldn't have seemed so bad if it didn't stand in such stark contrast to the amount of exposition we've gotten since then.

As far as the current situation, interesting. I wonder just how honest Charlie is being here; if he played it straight he could genuinely benefit, but that doesn't seem to be his typical M.O. I genuinely have no idea what Wanda's thinking now either. I hope it's something clever and awesome regardless of the outcome, because she really could use doing something cool.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:37 am 
    This user is a Tool! Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Don't go against Parson.

That is all.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:53 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Nup, she isn't bluffing. I think I finally see why Marie wants to meet Jillian so badly and why she believes that meeting is important. Note I said meet, not talk.

This is the moment where Wanda could be convinced to join CharlesComm, but Marie would have foreseen this and there is no way she would allow herself to be Decrypted only to be turned to CC. So she is off to do something with Jillian which will change Wanda's mind.

As Marie would say, "I so predict it."

Of course I'm not a predictamancer and Rob loves twists so there is probably more to it than that. But it seems logical to me. Marie has foreseen Wanda turning and has taken steps to change the outcome.

Charlie + Wanda together would make a scary combination. But Charlie would probably eliminate Wanda, end the Decrypted, keep the Arkenpliers and be 'a hero' to all of Erf for ending the threat. This surely must have occurred to Wanda. It's not a simple "Sure I'll join up."

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:58 am 
    WLM: zilfallon@hotmail.com
    Turning for the buds kinda goes against all the character development Wanda had in Book 0, essentially throwing it away. Charlie didn't even mention Fate etc. so if only the flowers make her turn, I'll flip my table and walk away, lol. That would be cheap as boop.

You know... at this point you boops aren't beating dead horses any more. You're making glue.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:09 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Shiny Red Star Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    oslecamo2 temp wrote:
    Yeah Charlie, hire the psychopat unit that specializes in betraying her own sides.

That worked out soooooo well for Charlie's daughter, didn't it?

In my humble opinion it would be much safer to just take Ivan and Claude back to Charlescom and leave Wanda trapped inside the bedrock.

Also this reminds me that Wanda does suffers from headaches, and if she had some type of magic to heal it she would never stop casting it.

So Charlie offering her some relief for that is something not even Wanda can ignore.

Mind you, I still want to see Wanda use the mythical headache spell. I bet Hamster's been tinkering about it ever since he got summoned.

You know, I personally think that those headaches were caused because she was in the company of Stanley 24/7, not from anything physiological. Just count the number of times Parson rubs his forehead after a long discussion with Stanley... That little bullet head can't be good for the mental health of units around him. The weird way he thinks and leads is what is causing headaches for people trying to deal with him. Even Bonnie had to (self-)medicate in the warm tub after a prolonged exposure to Stanley brand of leadership and she knew him for, what, 3 turns at most? http://archives.erfworld.com/Book%203/170

After all, how did we get introduced to Stanley, showing us some of that Stanley and Wanda dynamic? Stanley cracking walnuts with a frickin' titanic tool and talking with Wanda about doing that. http://archives.erfworld.com/Book%201/4

It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Give it a go.

Last edited by youngstormlord on Sun May 14, 2017 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:12 am 
    This user has been published! This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Wow, that was intense!

I couldn't have imagined Wanda biting at the flower deal of all things. That's so weird. Does that mean she has been in constant pain for all this time? Or is she currently connected to Maggie and Parson and they're making a plan?

I can't wait to see how this all ends. Roger vs. Parson, Charlie vs. Wanda, Jillian vs. Marie... argh! >_< I want access to your buffer, Rob! :think: :think: :think:

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:15 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    From Wanda's perspective, Charlie shouldn't access to buds per their prior agreement. Access to the buds is as much of a liability to Charlie as it was to Wanda and Jillian back in Book 0. I don't know if Wanda will turn or not, but either way, she knows that the buds are an Achilles Heel for Charlie. She might be fishing for information here that Parson would find very useful, and if she does turn, it might simply be for the purpose of blighting Charlie's garden when he gives her access to it. That would be a very Croakamancer thing to do.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:17 am 
    All I can say is.....yikes. :shock:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:22 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    She'll do it until Marie turns. And then Marie will murder Jillian. That's why she's in Gobwin Knob in the first place.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:36 am 
    I think Wanda is going to take Charlie's deal, and Charlie's plan is going to work, as far as he has thought it through.

Not merely for the buds, although that's a factor, but for the Shoes. They went to Kansas with Judy Gale, and there's only one other person who knows what the Shoes are and has hypothetical access to Kansas: Parson Gotti, who can get to Ohio with the Scroll of GTFO, travel from there to Kansas, find the shoes (somehow), and then use them to go "home," which at this point is Erfworld - either Gobwin Knob, Spacerock, or (most likely) Maggie.

Wanda believes the Tools are Fated to be reunited. Charlie is offering a quick path to make that happen - in fact, the first plausible way to get the shoes - and because the story involves Parson returning to Erfworld by means of the Arkenshoes, it doesn't break the prediction that Parson will croak Charlie.

Marie says she's going to conquer the magic kingdom for Wanda. She didn't say what side Wanda would belong to, and I suspect Parson wouldn't order such a conquest. Charlie will.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:38 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    At this point, Wanda just can't say no.

If she denies Charlies offer, he will either croak them or take Ivan and/or the wrench, leaving her croaked or stranded. Which, in my opinion, is actually the best thing Charlie could do.

So she stalls.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:48 am 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    So that was the plan behind the GTFO scroll after all, the vaunted Big Game: send Parson back so he gets the Arkenshoes back to Erfworld. Did he then manipulate events to create the summon the Perfect Warlord situation? That would rock seriously, Charlie's game against fate has some high stakes!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 3:53 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    They're gonna turn, I am sure of it.

And Lilith is gonna hate it, and refuse. She hates Charlie. She is done with him. There's no way she is going back to CC.

That leaves her with Hamster :D

The ship is real with this one.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions