Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 260
 Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:58 pm 
This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Well that explains the odd number of Archons. Two triads plus Tondy, makes sense now.

Don't think the bit about Parson will work though. Even if he's claimed by CC, he's in TV, he and the other casters there could simply turn to TV and not trigger any kind of penalty.

Averting Charlie's plan here may be what Marie is ultimately trying to accomplish in ICFYS. After all, Wanda almost has to know what Jillian gave up to get her off the buds in the first place...

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:00 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    The part about what Charlie thought Wanda wanted to do to his crest made me laugh out loud. The rest made me cringe.
    Well, the forums have been saying that Parson is too strong with Decrypted... XD

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:01 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    GaryThunder wrote:
    Man in the Mists wrote:
    Why do I get the feeling that tempting her with the flowers was a fatal mistake?

Yup, nope. He doesn't really get why she places that flower on her livery. He thinks he played his trump card, but he just sealed his fate. Or his Fate as the case may be.

Exactly. This is where Charlie's self-congratulatory smugness falls apart. For all of his power, for all of his wealth and for all of his skill at 11-dimensional chess, Charlie is just too disconnected from his own humanity to understand emotional needs and drives.

There are thousands of ways he could have enticed Wanda, but waving around the one thing that actually holds power over her is only going to earn him a one-way ticket to Trauma Town. Wanda is going to make Charlie suffer for this!

For all the mistrust and unease between Parson and Wanda, Charlie just handed them the reason to work together against a detestable foe.

Last edited by OverdrivePrime on Sat May 13, 2017 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:02 am 
    Guys... Let's not take that "Scoobydom" spiel too seriously, shall we? This is Charlie, he's not randomly telling the truth about a situation that coincidentally just happens to overlap almost perfectly with the current one, he's spinning an anecdotal example of how things could go if Wanda accepts his offer. If he's a good liar (which he is), then it's possible that Scoobydom and Tweedledom were actually sides at one point - but that's how you make an effective lie, you add just enough truth for it to hold up under a cursory test.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:02 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Oh man, this is shaping up to be a chimpanzee's projectile fight in a fan store here...

I feel that Wanda might have agreed except for the flower offer... by Charlie yanking that chain on her, he just took it from 'beneficial offer' to 'attempt to control and manipulate', and Wanda? She's the manipulator, she's unlikely to take kindly to it.

Last edited by Hidden Sanity on Sat May 13, 2017 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:04 am 
    Victim side: Skreamskram. Victim Ruler: Ovid Munchamorphosis.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:04 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Mined 4 Erf
    AOL: NOT FOR HONOR
    Predictamancy: Wanda's condition will be for Charlie to put her through to Parson, and under no conditions interrupt the call. She will then tell him that Charlie is about to win, unless he turns to Transylvito immediately. After he does, Wanda will follow through with Charlie's plan. Parson won't be forced to turn to Charlescomm, and she is confident that Fate will ultimately see Parson to triumph over Charlie.

• Tipped by 10 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:05 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf
    Luitz wrote:
    And regarding that... I'm just going to choke down the rage that apparently having the Archons torture Lillith en route to CC wasn't enough to trigger a single penalty, but apparently punching without the intent to croak was enough. :roll:

Remember that all kinds of penalties vis-a-vis Lilith were avoided by virtue of the fact that Charlie acquired her while she was already a prisoner of Jetstone.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:07 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! This user has been published! This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    rezby wrote:
    So the image in the middle... I'm having trouble parsing it. Obviously its the charlie's decrypted, but who is the other side they're attacking. I think that's... ansom? next to wanda?

Yes, that looks like Ansom. If that's Wanda, it's an odd look for her. The thought of her conforming to someone else's uniform -- she hasn't done that since her stint in Faq. Also, she looks pale. (The boredom is entirely her, though.)

As for the victims, I'm pretty the livery of "The Scream" marks them as a stereotypical simply-doomed side. (They could wear red shirts, but Stanley already has dibs on that.)

Other note: unipegataurs look downright bizarre when they wear clothes, and doubly so when they wear hats. I almost thought it was a very tall but otherwise normal guy... who happened to have horse legs.

Other-other note: I think it would be a hoot if the prospect of joining Charlescomm was the straw that finally made Ansom go, "Flip this, I'm turning back to Jetstone."

---

I have a fanfiction archive here and a DeviantArt page -- including Erfworld fanart this site hasn't seen -- here!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:11 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    OverdrivePrime wrote:
    GaryThunder wrote:
    Man in the Mists wrote:
    Why do I get the feeling that tempting her with the flowers was a fatal mistake?

Yup, nope. He doesn't really get why she places that flower on her livery. He thinks he played his trump card, but he just sealed his fate. Or his Fate as the case may be.

Exactly. This is where Charlie's self-congratulatory smugness falls apart. For all of his power, for all of his wealth and for all of his skill at 11-dimensional chess, Charlie is just too disconnected from his own humanity to understand emotional needs and drives.

There are thousands of ways he could have enticed Wanda, but waving around the one thing that actually holds power over her is only going to earn him a one-way ticket to Trauma Town. Wanda is going to make Charlie suffer for this!

For all the mistrust and unease between Parson and Wanda, Charlie just handed them the reason to work together against a detestable foe.

It's too bad Jillian likely doesn't remember the Deal of a Lifetime, because otherwise Wanda just received a super easy way to turn her against him.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:14 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    He almost had her, then he mentioned the flowers.....

When the prisoner wants the easy she gets the easy way. but when she wants the very easy way she gets the very hard way.

• Tipped by 12 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:16 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Shai hulud wrote:
    Well that was awkward. So much for peoples hope she was going to do something epic.

Honestly, I do consider this her epic thing. It's definitely her best play. The Wanda we know (who once suggested to Parson that he should walk through Charlie's portal and let Fate sort everything out) would've tried something stupid and gotten shot. This might be the first time in the story that we've seen Wanda actually take Fate into her own hands and DO something of her own volition rather than just passively take the path of least resistance.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:17 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Mined 4 Erf
    Axiom wrote:
    Shai hulud wrote:
    Well that was awkward. So much for peoples hope she was going to do something epic.

Honestly, I do consider this her epic thing. It's definitely her best play. The Wanda we know (who once suggested to Parson that he should walk through Charlie's portal and let Fate sort everything out) would've tried something stupid and gotten shot. This might be the first time in the story that we've seen Wanda actually take Fate into her own hands and DO something of her own volition rather than just passively take the path of least resistance.

But the Battle of Portal Park, which she took charge of and led...?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:18 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Spicymancer wrote:
    For extra laughs, the hypothetical enemies are wearing the face from "The Scream" by Edvard Munch.

Gotta be a munchkin pun then, to continue the legacy of El Efbaum.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:19 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool!
    Thanks for the explanations re: hypothetical future. Now it makes a lotta sense.

One thing I find particularly of note is the dichotomy shown here between Charlie and Thinkamancers - He cannot make a "mental note", as evidenced by "He noticed Mae fussing with her hair. Bit of a procedural no-no, when you've got your rifle trained on a cartful of VIP casters. No way to make a note of it right now, though."

Compare this to literally any of the thinkamancer long updates. So many of them feature one making a mental note. I don't recall the exact terminology they use, but they have all those thinkamancy tips and tricks that charlie doesn't. He just has really good spyware.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:20 am 
    i wonder if this is part of Marie's plan, be there with Jillian as the decrypted change colors and then shoot her as a Charelscomm unit triggering whatever penalty is in the deal of a lifetime that prompted Charlies unending protection.

• Tipped by 15 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:20 am 
    rezby wrote:
    Thanks for the explanations re: hypothetical future. Now it makes a lotta sense.

One thing I find particularly of note is the dichotomy shown here between Charlie and Thinkamancers - He cannot make a "mental note", as evidenced by "He noticed Mae fussing with her hair. Bit of a procedural no-no, when you've got your rifle trained on a cartful of VIP casters. No way to make a note of it right now, though."

Compare this to literally any of the thinkamancer long updates. So many of them feature one making a mental note. I don't recall the exact terminology they use, but they have all those thinkamancy tips and tricks that charlie doesn't. He just has really good spyware.

Charlie doesn't have a Thinkamancer brain. What he does have is a sophisticated surveillance and recording setup...which happens to be on the fritz for some crazy reason.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:22 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Luitz wrote:
    I'm just going to choke down the rage that apparently having the Archons torture Lillith en route to CC wasn't enough to trigger a single penalty, but apparently punching without the intent to croak was enough. :roll:

Torturing a prisoner doesn't cause material harm to the prisoner's Side. The prisoner is still a prisoner whether intact or inches from croaking, and the Side is still without them in either case.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:23 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf
    I'm betting one of Wanda's conditions is that she requires the pliers in hand before she makes any sort of move.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:24 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf
    Just curious, I read Book Zero, but why are so many people so convinced that Charlie offering her Hero Buds is a fatal error? I could totally see her taking the bait and joining CC right now.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions