Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 260
 Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:28 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 260
     Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:36 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Ohhhhhh, boop.

All this talk on the forums about the cost of all those decrypted turning...

Well, this is the Charlie we know and fear. The Charlie who thinks his way around the rules.

A tale from Erfworld: The Retconjurer

A tale of Rhyme-o-mancy: The Noble Gasses

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:39 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    This won't end well.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:40 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    So the image in the middle... I'm having trouble parsing it. Obviously its the charlie's decrypted, but who is the other side they're attacking. I think that's... ansom? next to wanda?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:40 pm 
    I Love it when a bad plan comes together

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:41 pm 
    Why do I get the feeling that tempting her with the flowers was a fatal mistake?

• Tipped by 15 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:42 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Well, I called that one. If the characters in universe think Wanda might be willing to turn under certain circumstances, then it's a definite possibility. I mean, it's essentially the perfect pitch:

Be on the same team as Jillian + Be on a competent side + probably immediately wipe out GK, claim the Arkenhammer, and have Jillian attune + hero buds

To people who argued that Wanda wouldn't turn because she knew that Parson was fated to kill Charlie, Wanda literally just got a lesson from Marie that fate's willing to cheat a little.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:44 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    What the everloving Boop!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:44 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    Man in the Mists wrote:
    Why do I get the feeling that tempting her with the flowers was a fatal mistake?

Yup, nope. He doesn't really get why she places that flower on her livery. He thinks he played his trump card, but he just sealed his fate. Or his Fate as the case may be.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:45 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    rezby wrote:
    So the image in the middle... I'm having trouble parsing it. Obviously its the charlie's decrypted, but who is the other side they're attacking. I think that's... ansom? next to wanda?

It's an illustration of a possible future that Charlie is showing Wanda. All of the decrypted in Charlescomm livery. The person next to Wanda (who is on the centaur) is Ansom in Charlescomm livery/signamancy. I don't know what side they're attacking.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:46 pm 
    This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner
    It might be naive but I really, really hope this happens. If for no other reason than we might get to see Parson vs. Wanda. Presuming GK survives the initial turn, that is. And Tramennis might reappear as well, perhaps now willing to work with GK and Parson against the bigger Charlie/Wanda threat.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:49 pm 
    rezby wrote:

That was my guess too, but I think the whole image is more of a hypothetical thing than a real deal. Like Parson with the Tank a few pages back.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:50 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool!
    Man, this update bums me out.

On the bright side, maybe we'll actually see Parson do something brilliant to get out of this (developing) mess...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:51 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Well that was awkward. So much for peoples hope she was going to do something epic.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:52 pm 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Oh Wanda...

Please... Please let this be her playing for time. I mean, it makes sense she isn't over the buds given its always been on her livery, but man... I had hoped she could resist this.

Yeah, hopefully it's playing for time. A straight "no" would get them all croaked.

Edit:

Ender231 wrote:
    rezby wrote:

That was my guess too, but I think the whole image is more of a hypothetical thing than a real deal. Like Parson with the Tank a few pages back.

I rather liked it. Strong color combo, good use of Ansom as a CW for the side. Presumably they have the hammer stashed since Stanley even if turned would never cooperate.

For extra laughs, the hypothetical enemies are wearing the face from "The Scream" by Edvard Munch.

Here's my Erfics: Hungry Jungle. -- Completed!

The Overlord's New Clothes -- Two parter, Completed

Unjust Deserts -- Updated August 20!

Last edited by Spicymancer on Fri May 12, 2017 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:52 pm 
    Shai hulud wrote:
    Well that was awkward. So much for peoples hope she was going to do something epic.

She still might. After all, there's a high chance he just stomped on her biggest rage landmine.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:54 pm 
    Funny how the livery of the enemy side in the "possible future" is The Scream. Just about what we're all kinda doing now, and what everyone on Erf would be doing on a CC+Wanda Union.

Man in the Mists wrote:

Overplayed his hand, triggered Wanda. Charlie's enumeration of emotions is also telling; fear / anguish / relief. No mention of anger or outrage; either it isn't there, or he so doesn't expect those that he couldn't recognize them.

Interesting bit about the Contract there; Charlie's such a boop because he's OLD; he's been there, done that, got the T-Shirt. The devil knows more because he's old than because he's the devil.

And regarding that... I'm just going to choke down the rage that apparently having the Archons torture Lillith en route to CC wasn't enough to trigger a single penalty, but apparently punching without the intent to croak was enough. :roll:

• Tipped by 9 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:55 pm 
    AOL: Warcraftace
    Charlie is still damn good at persuasion, but I agree that offering Wanda the buds was probably a big mistake.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:57 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! This user has been published! This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Frack.

In other news, I'm digging the statement that Charlie and Wanda are both looking for the 'Shoes. I suspect that Wanda just wants them to finish a Titanic goal of uniting the 'Tools. But it's been a pet theory of mine (maybe someone else already said it? probably did) of why Charlie wants the 'Shoes.

Charlie is good at understanding extrauniverse info and complicated Signamancy.
    The Signamancy of the 'Shoes (and of Charlie's previous side) is that of The Wizard of Oz.
    In the Oz spinoff story Wicked,
    Spoiler: show
    a pair of gemstone slippers give a crippled young woman the power to walk.
    Said woman becomes a menace.

I'm pretty sure Charlie would be interested.

---

I have a fanfiction archive here and a DeviantArt page -- including Erfworld fanart -- here!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:57 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Interesting that Charlie's willing to let the Deal of a Lifetime go. Does he not care anymore about the Oz story getting out? Or does he know Parson already knows it and therefore the "worst case" has already happened?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions