Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 259
 Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:41 pm 
Shai hulud wrote:
Also, who is the unkillable handsome scoundrel in this scenario?

The doll.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:42 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Guess he cleared more for level 40. Or did he still have 5 available.

At what point are they considered captured and cost money? This seems to go beyond what they almost said to Lilith that she thought would have counted.

Last edited by Gathrun on Tue May 09, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Fylwind wrote:
    Is that Tondelayo gunning Wanda? If so, I wonder why she/Charlie decided to make this so personal.

There aren't a lot of Archons left with the clearance to know about Charlie's rigged portal. Tondelayo is probably the highest-level of those that he can spare.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Charlie can't afford to croak Wanda, he doesn't know if the decrypted keep EXISTING if she bites it. I mean, they probably will, but Charlie is cautious.

Which means, if he croaks Wanda, it's game-over for him, Stanley can basically take Charlie's EVERYTHING and let him waste away with no upkeep.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:43 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I'm thinking Charlie wants Wanda to Turn, and Wanda expects the Arkentools to be reuinited so shes going to go with the flow and find a Parsonesque opportunity to make it so!

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:44 pm 
    Arci wrote:
    How did we not see that one coming?

OF COURSE ARCHONS CAN VEIL! AND NONE OF THOSE CASTERS ARE LOOKAMANCERS SO NONE OF THEM WOULD BE ABLE TO SEE THROUGH IT!

Aside from being "commanders" and gaining a small bonus thereto, in theory, I think.

So, is Wanda going to pull "another aggro" like she did before. Ya know, I think that's the last time she's ever actually croaked an archon herself.

I can just see her looking at them and thinking the words "I want, MINE!", referencing the archons themselves, not even giving their guns any heed.

Because if we know Wanda, she's always looking for more toys to play with.

Those were tower defenses, not her own spells. She doesn't have access to them in this case and is just relying on fate.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:44 pm 
    This user is a Tool!
    Arci wrote:
    Charlie can't afford to croak Wanda, he doesn't know if the decrypted keep EXISTING if she bites it. I mean, they probably will, but Charlie is cautious.

Which means, if he croaks Wanda, it's game-over for him, Stanley can basically take Charlie's EVERYTHING and let him waste away with no upkeep.

True, but he doesn't need to croak Wanda. He only needs to croak Ivan and retrieve the Wonky Wrench. One five-mil penalty, maybe two, and Wanda is now trapped under bedrock, without the ability to hack the portal. She's as good as croaked.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:46 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Any suggestions as to how the archons got down there?

Best I've got is that they went through the rigged portal before it got smashed to doritos, but that seems unlikely, because the archons would then be stuck under bedrock. As far as we know, there's no way out from there. It's unlikely that Charlie would keep a standing force down there, right?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:46 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    They're hesitant to shoot. If Charlie was flat willing to drop 15 mil to rub out these guys (CHEAP) they could and should have just ambushed them from veil.

Honestly I am hard, HARD pressed to to understand why that didn't happen already.

1- Charlie immediately closes the massive and awful information leak potential of everything Claud, Ivan, and now Wanda knows.

2- Charlie can easily spin it that he helped stopped the dread Wanda, making him seem a lot more like the good guy- if he even tips his hand at all. He could leave Wanda's X-eyed corpse down there.

3- Charlie could immediately reclaim the Wonky Wrench.

There must be SOMETHING they still need.

Or there could be some other Fate-based thing. My intuition tells me that it is difficult, or maybe even impossible, for Attuned Tool Users to croak each other, even via their minions. It could be some safeguard built into the tools to keep Titans from accidentally croaking each other. Sort of like a Manton Effect for tools?

Or it really could be that Fate just is mad at Charlie and is clouding his judgment and that of his Archons. That's a little too deus ex machina for my tastes.

How did they get down there? Squeeze through some portal shards? They were permanently stationed there as a sort of garrison from the first? I like that one OK. It would also explain who cleaned up the guns.

Maybe Charlie can't communicate with them, through bedrock, with his unshocked Dish?

Ha! These Archons might be the garrison, and in all the confusion Charlie never updated them on the specifics of all the stuff that's happened in the last... turn? Is it still the same Turn as the Battle for Portal Park? Maggie and Jack still don't have their mana back, so I'm thinking- yes. This is one Hellalong turn.

These Archons might not have any idea of what they are supposed to do. (Which, if Charlie CAN communicate with them, he should reasonably be screaming CROAK THEM NOW.)

The information and power these three have is worth 500 mil or more.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:47 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Gaussrik wrote:
    Does he think he can get rid of them without paying the penalty?

Charlie learned the "configuration" changes needed to turn decrypted in the Battle for Castle Lilith. If that didn't trigger a penalty then, it might not now either.

Last edited by jpnuar1 on Tue May 09, 2017 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:48 pm 
    Wait, when did those Archons even GET there? Didn't we see Charlie's portal being "shattered" when they first encountered the Doll? The Archons would have to have come in before that, and remained after it was shattered. Remained. Below Bedrock, with no chance to dig up. With the portal in pieces.

What?

That doesnt really add up

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:49 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I think Charlie is constrained by a yet-to-be-revealed bargain with Wanda from the old FAQ days. I believe Charlie got Stanley to invade Faq and capture wanda (he mentions how wierd it was to find so many wild dragons on the way) and croaked Saline IV from an unheard of natural ally revolt for reasons that are unclear as of now.

I think he has a deal with a penalty he does not find acceptable and wants her offed by someone elses hand, thus the archons, if they are really there, not opening fire right away.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:49 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    ShaneTheBrain wrote:
    I love how Wanda's expression just says "Oh you poor stupid floating blue angels. This is NOT going to work out how you think it will."

Actually, that looks to me like "Damn help never does anything right. Why can't I get decent minions?"

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:52 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    The Archons might have been down there observing the whole time. They were likely responsible for emptying the secret bunker since it would've been hard for one person, let alone a single doll, to do all that quickly. The portal fragments looked big enough for an Archon to squeeze through.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:53 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Arci wrote:
    OF COURSE ARCHONS CAN VEIL! AND NONE OF THOSE CASTERS ARE LOOKAMANCERS SO NONE OF THEM WOULD BE ABLE TO SEE THROUGH IT!

Aside from being "commanders" and gaining a small bonus thereto, in theory, I think.

According to book 1, each commander essentially gets the equivalent of a spot check for each individual veiled unit.

TheMilquetoastFool wrote:
    Croaking Wanda's worth the 5M Smuckers, is croaking our inglorious bastards worth it as well?

Absolutely worth it. They know about Charlie's guns, his treasury size, the construction at Charlescomm, the modified portal, the tunnels under the MK... and that's just the stuff we know they know without them even spilling any new secrets.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:54 pm 
    I believe it is Tondelayo, since the others have black hair. That's a helluva gamble by Charlie!

Tondy from behind: http://archives.erfworld.com/Book%203/150

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:54 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I think Wanda DOES seem rather calm, cool, and collected, so I think somehow she does have a handle on the situation, as unlikely as that seems!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:55 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Fylwind wrote:
    Is that Tondelayo gunning Wanda? If so, I wonder why she/Charlie decided to make this so personal.

Holy shit, I think that IS. He better really hope he doesn't lose her to decryption, that's such a HUGE gamble to take after also losing Fifi. Even if she just croaks, he'll have only Delta left at that point (unless he's recently done some promotions)

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Fylwind wrote:

I think it is. However, remember that Charlie didn't have many Archons with "Security Clearance". These might be Fox Force Five replacement candidates, perhaps lead by Tondy due to an otherwise lack of appropriately clearanced archonpower.

Edit: Ah, ninja'd by the fair Neceros

Last edited by Sir Rigwald on Tue May 09, 2017 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user posted the comment of the month
    Arci wrote:
    How did we not see that one coming?
    What's this "we" stuff? ;)

Anyhow, the fact the Archons didn't just kill everyone tells me Charlie wants to do a deal. Maybe he's finally figured out he should have been making friends with Parson since a book and a half ago. I suggested a while back Charlie should sue for a real peace treaty -one that doesn't screw GK- with an extremely long duration, in order to cheat Fate under the rules. If Parson really is fated to kill Charlie, the most sensible plan is to just keep pushing the date out indefinitely.

RPG Erfworld - Stack Management Mechanics suggestion

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions