Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 250
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:55 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 250
     Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:00 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Interesting to see that Roger doesn't fully trust Jojo. Also interesting to see that he buys (or at least appears to buy) the explanation from Charlie that the tunnels are Parson's. I mean, it does make a certain amount of sense, given what he knows.

EDIT: The prisoners also seem to be singing rounds. There may be a campfire yet!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:05 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Now we see Charlie's duplicity. It's time for the MK to be dissolved permanently.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:10 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Interesting that Jack isn't at the meeting with Caesar, Maggie and Parson... I hope he doesn't get stringcut when he inevitably blows RVC's veil, as I don't imagine Jack being a lesser Foolamancer than Roger.

At this rate, we should get an Unaroyal smilie added. Damned Checkhov's Motive of a Side.

Edit: That thing about bringing a lion into their house... well, true, but you also went out of your way to antagonize him, which is in itself the only reason you suspect him of retaliating for your treason.

Last edited by Luitz on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:12 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    The chaos begins... I bet GK is gonna get all the blame for this, but any minute now Marie is gonna start pushing gun-armed corpses through the ICFYS portal and the last battle of the MK will begin. After all, as a Predictamancer she would know the best time to intervene - aka, right after Wanda is freed, just as Rodger leaves the MK and while everyone is reeling from the loss of the Great Minds.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:14 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    AOL: Warcraftace
    Destroying Unaroyal just keeps turning out to be a bigger and bigger mistake for Gobwin Knob, doesn't it?

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:14 am 
    Anyone get the reference for the plume on the head of FemDick Grayson, the Robin?

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:15 am 
    Roger was in the trance-fusion in which they killed Ivan and Claude, right? And he knows that they worked for Charlie, and he knows about the Wonky Wrench, and can surmise that this was necessary to create the tunnels.

So what's left? I guess he figures that Wanda decrypted Ivan and Claude, who both came to rescue her and blew up the temple in revenge for the Great Minds betraying Gobwin Knob.

...okay, that's plausible.

Switching subjects, it's interesting that the royalist coalition is still large and powerful enough to play a serious threat to Gobwin Knob.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:16 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Murphy's Law says Bill and Vanna will coincidentally be leaving their cells on a similar mission when RVC comes through the TV portal.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:18 am 
    Knight13 wrote:
    Destroying Unaroyal just keeps turning out to be a bigger and bigger mistake for Gobwin Knob, doesn't it?

At this point I'm feeling that the only mistake by GK there was not enjoying crushing that cursed Side.

Sides Rise, Sides Fall, it's the nature of Erf. But no other Side has been made such a fuss of by anyone else. I wonder if Vanna was casting Turnamancy on Queen Bea to make her more likable or something.

• Tipped by 8 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Luitz wrote:
    Interesting that Jack isn't at the meeting with Caesar, Maggie and Parson... I hope he doesn't get stringcut when he inevitably blows RVC's veil, as I don't imagine Jack being a lesser Foolamancer than Roger.

I've been wondering, since he absented himself from the meeting with Parson, whether he might have sneaked into the MK, to make whatever tricks he has without juice available for Wanda.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Interesting that Jojo might not be completely in league with Charlie. I'm not sure Roger is right on that one, especially given how easily Jojo trusts Charlie's misinformation.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:19 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Luitz wrote:

Yeah, definitely hoping we don't lose Jack, but it could happen. He does seem to have been set up to be lost here. :(

Also, for a master of a class on the Fate axis, Roger really doesn't understand Fate at all, does he?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:21 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent
    ThisIsNotDan wrote:
    ... given how easily Jojo trusts Charlie's misinformation.

Given how looked down up Carnies are, they may have a convention of their own regarding not playing each other. It seems entirely plausible that JoJo doesn't want to believe that Charlie would use him as a pawn like that...

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:22 am 
    Realeyna wrote:
    Luitz wrote:

Yeah, definitely hoping we don't lose Jack, but it could happen. He does seem to have been set up to be lost here. :(

I tell you, if Jack gets killed, then Gobwin Knob is going to get itself a new decrypted thinkamancer. Parson would not rest until Roger was dead.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:23 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    anyone recognize the tune? it kinda reminds of the song at the gallows from pirates 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDmOActAPxM

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:25 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    You know I think Roger may actually, really be the worst monster in the comic. He's certainly the most hypocritical.

And the least fit to wield power.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:27 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    First, anyone know the identity of the caster talking to the predicter behind RVC's back?

Second, is flying a Turnamancer thing? I can't imagine how that would work. Might have popped from a side with lots of flying specials, but AFAIK, none of TVs casters fly.

At least now we know what the paper passed between Jojo and Roger was.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:28 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Pointyleaf wrote:
    Realeyna wrote:
    Luitz wrote:

I tell you, if Jack gets killed, then Gobwin Knob is going to get itself a new decrypted thinkamancer. Parson would not rest until Roger was dead.

Honestly I think losing Jack would result in Parson actively destroying the Magic Kingdom. He would definitely place what's left of the Great Minds on his hit list, at the very least.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:28 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent
    Pointyleaf wrote:
    Roger was in the trance-fusion in which they killed Ivan and Claude, right? And he knows that they worked for Charlie, and he knows about the Wonky Wrench, and can surmise that this was necessary to create the tunnels.

So what's left? I guess he figures that Wanda decrypted Ivan and Claude, who both came to rescue her and blew up the temple in revenge for the Great Minds betraying Gobwin Knob.

...okay, that's plausible.

Switching subjects, it's interesting that the royalist coalition is still large and powerful enough to play a serious threat to Gobwin Knob.

Yeah it's plausible, and what should happen is he collects his thoughts long enough to see through Charlie's accusation of Parson being responsible for bedrock tunnels, so long as he knows how Ivan and Claud were croaked. but I'll bet he's so distressed right now that he'll act on impulse... and probably pay dearly for it...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions