Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 247
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:25 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 247
     Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:32 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Did Charlie's attack on the temple *backfire*? Are the linked GMTTA, now in only a body or two, like the Living Tribunal in Marvel Comics?????

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:33 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Fuck

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:34 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Or perhaps like Legion in the X-comics, different powers from different personalities?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:35 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Interesting! So, this post is occurring at the same time as Wanda's escape. Poor communication strikes again, but not through a forced fault of GKs. Just... bad circumstances. I love the idea of the tank rolling through and wrecking some face.

Also interesting is the GMTTA. Now, confined only to one body, is it basically a Thinkamancer who is permanently in a State 7? By the Titans, what level is a creature is that? Did they take all the levels of all the different Thinkamancers and add them together or... what?

The moral of the end of the Charlie Foxtrot: Those who do not have good communication get booped.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:35 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Nice update!

I wonder when Parson will remember kevlar. XD

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:37 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user posted the comment of the month
    Damn. There is an awful lot of stuff running in parallel to keep track of. We keep skipping back in time 5 minutes to see what someone else was doing. I almost hope after this book is done some of the sections get resorted.

No offense intended, I just know this is difficult for a lot of people to follow because of how many threads are involved.

RPG Erfworld - Stack Management Mechanics suggestion

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:37 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I am surprised Parson didn't recognize a backlash-damaged caster. He has seen a few. But it also seems his "mind's eye" doesn't remember or recognize things as well as his physical eyes. Maybe it is like waking up from a dream.

Or maybe he is just very stressed.

The "offensive Signamancy" thing seems like it could become important.

Also: I am not looking forward to the forum arguments about whether or not that last panel is actually happening in the comic right now. (But for the record, it is clearly a depiction of Parson's imagination.)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:38 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Wrong Marvel character there, Parson. You need to be Juggernaut, not Ironman. Bulletproof, AND psychic protected. When Parson hears from Lilith what Charlie looks like, I'm sure he'll figure it out.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

Last edited by Lipkin on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:38 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    I don't know why I have my fingers crossed for a quick resolution here - it's moving as fast as one could reasonably expect! And yet - i find myself hitting f5 within seconds of reading the newest one. Rob, you are doing a great job!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:39 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Beeskee wrote:
    Nice update!
    I wonder when Parson will remember kevlar. XD

Kevlar would probably not slow down a rifle bullet. It certainly wouldn't help against the tripods. In real life it barely protects against handguns.

Last edited by DreadArchon on Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:39 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I know the twolls clubs are supposed to sport nails, but they just look like fuzzy baseball bats to me :)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:41 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Ganny wrote:
    Also interesting is the GMTTA. Now, confined only to one body...

Is that confirmed?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:42 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    As a tank person, I gotta say I'm super hyped about the prospect of a tank in Erfworld. I'll admit I've given the idea lots of thought in my head, like, say, an all-metal, turnamancy-fueled siege unit crewed by "infantry" units, that uses dirtamancy ammunition :D Probs made in a link between a turnamancer and a dollamancer or something like that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:43 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Alexa aka Bunny wrote:
    Ganny wrote:

Is that confirmed?

Nope.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:45 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Interesting to see the twolls with baseball bats and to know there are giants using them too.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:46 pm 
    Alexa aka Bunny wrote:
    Ganny wrote:

Is that confirmed?

I suspect it is. Remember what Isaac said, 'Deiform'. Parson noted it as being godlike in today's update. A godlike creature is something of immense, almost unimaginable power. A Thinkamancer permanently in a state 7, could qualify. In fact, if that Thinkamancer had access to the other Disciplines the other Thinkamancers had access to at Master level... that would also certainly qualify, though I admit it is merely an errant thought and in no way confirmed without seeing our new Isaac at work.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:48 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Surfal wrote:
    I know the twolls clubs are supposed to sport nails, but they just look like fuzzy baseball bats to me :)

And now "fuzzy bats" made me think of Bat 11 and I made myself sad...

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:48 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    AOL: NOT FOR HONOR
    Anyone else notice that Isaac's image in Parson's head is outlined in a spider web or fractal pattern, which is the same sort of pattern Isaac's speech bubbles had last we saw him?

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:51 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    DreadArchon wrote:
    Also: I am not looking forward to the forum arguments about whether or not that last panel is actually happening in the comic right now. (But for the record, it is clearly a depiction of Parson's imagination.)

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The last time we saw Parson's imagination displayed visually, it looked cartoon-y. The faces on the characters were essentially dots and lines smiley faces. The last image of this update looks like the normal art-style with fully featured faces, particularly the close ones. There's a decent possibility that this is actually happening.

That does beg the question: How the hell did Parson rig Spacerock's portal? All of our rescue theories were constrained by the fact that Maggie didn't have juice to coordinate with Ivan and Claude. Did Parson have Stanley issue an order to Ivan to do it and just hope it worked out? Is it possible that Maggie/Jed could communicate with the decrypted via Jed's thread to Ace (decrypted) and Wanda?

Last edited by Axiom on Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions