Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 244
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:02 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 244
     Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:04 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Interesting that this battle seems to matter enough for Marie to know what to do. I get the impression that they aren't all this way.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:05 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    God she's callous. I really hope her plans end with an egg volley to her face.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Hardly any soldiers matter. That itself is something that's going to have to get wiped away to fix Erfworld.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Damn Marie, that is ice cold.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    "No. It's very powahful."

Love the deadpan there.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:07 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent
    The green twinkle is back...

So was that a scroll effect or her 'predictamancy vision'?

Last edited by technojunkie on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Its nice seeing the more obscure branches of magic being shown to have incredibly powerful potential when utilized by a Master (assuming Marie is a Master-Class based on how long she's been alive). Makes me wonder just what other casters are capable of beyond what we'd normally expect.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Hrm. Is Marie expressing a philosophical position, or is she saying that predictamancy isn't usually this strong because most battles aren't as heavily governed by Fate (and therefore they're less predictable?) Because if Predictamancy was always this strong, I'd imagine ruler would often just order predictamancers into battle.

(Although another reason why it's so strong here - which Marie sort of glosses over - is that instacroak ranged weapons make it much easier for her to compress her predictions into short sets of instructions that Georgia can follow. If she had to melee every enemy, it'd be a lot harder to pull this off.)

Whispri wrote:
    Maybe, maybe not. Remember what Wanda learned: "Mattering" isn't always all that fun.

Last edited by Aquillion on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:08 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! This user has been published! This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I can't quite tell if Georgia is comfortable or not with these tactics. She likes the bonus, but I'm not sure if she likes Marie. Is she indignant at the end?

Ah well -- once Jillian shows up, I imagine any conversation will get more to the point.

---

I have a fanfiction archive here and a DeviantArt page -- including Erfworld fanart -- here!

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:08 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Lord_Backstory wrote:
    Interesting that this battle seems to matter enough for Marie to know what to do. I get the impression that they aren't all this way.

Predictamancy is only powerful when something is important enough to allow for predictions, it seems.

We know that predictamancers can get killed after all, so their ability isn't perfect.

I'm loving how easily the pair is taking out Jillian's fores.

But Marie got one thing wrong. #allsoldiersmatter

Some only matter because they are an obstacle to overcome, of course.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:10 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Brother Mirtillo wrote:
    I can't quite tell if Georgia is comfortable or not with these tactics. She likes the bonus, but I'm not sure if she likes Marie. Is she indignant at the end?

Ah well -- once Jillian shows up, I imagine any conversation will get more to the point.

It's not easy to hear that Fate exists, but really doesn't give a crap golem about any of the non-legendary characters. Eating that hard truth is at the core of it. Is Marie gonna make master at this rate? Or was she already?

Those levels look a lot like Elevator Action or something similar. Avoid the Noid? Man that takes me back.

Jillian is the Boss, but maybe Marie beats her in a cinematic battle.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:10 pm 
    One of the most practical theoretical magical application discussions I've seen.

Also, wondering what Duncan's Dateamancy thingie is gonna say about the match up.

Edit: green around the eyes again? Lots of juice, I think.

Last edited by PleaseDontYellAtMe on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:12 pm 
    dichologos wrote:
    We know that predictamancers can get killed after all, so their ability isn't perfect.
    Sorta. We've only seen two die that I can recall. One of them explicitly died because her predictions were ignored by her warlord and chief caster; for the other one, Marie, it seems like her death was All According To Plan.

(I don't think it's a coincidence that Predictamancers seem to have a heavy presence in the Magic Kingdom, since they'd tend to be the casters who know when to duck into the portal when their side is about to fall - and would be able to justify it, loyalty-wise, by predicting precisely when they're no longer able to make a difference.)

• Tipped by 9 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:12 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I wonder if Marie is using Jillian's awareness of her units being croaked to draw her to a good spot for a confrontation. I believe it is in keeping with the strategic capabilities we are seeing from her.

And I REALLY want to see her planning a major battle with Parson. Her plus the bracer, with Parson being Parson? TV would love those 99.99 battle odds.

• Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:14 pm 
    Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit E is for Erfworld Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    OvaltinePatrol wrote:
    Damn Marie, that is ice cold.

Hmmm, given what we know of Marie, my hearing of that phrase was that there was an undertone of sadness, of a sense of wrongness that she was expressing.

• Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:14 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Coming from just about anyone else, that would seem haughty, or at least extremely jaded. Perhaps it's still jaded of her to say it, but knowing that it's in her realm of expertise to know just how much most things matter to the future... ouf. Harsh.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:15 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Aquillion wrote:
    Whispri wrote:
    Maybe, maybe not. Remember what Wanda learned: "Mattering" isn't always all that fun.

But how much of that is the result of predictamancers trying to control her destiny for their own, mad ends? Wanda spoke of people being able to chose their own paths to their fates, but it's pretty clear that she isn't being allowed even that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:15 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    It looks like they'll meet Duncan and stack next. 3 rifles vs. 2 + Predictimancer.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:16 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Nothing is more bullshit than Predictamancy. As a mechanic in this comic, it needs to either die or be an antagonist. Still watching the protagonists God Mode their way through this story, irritating as ever and just waiting for them to finally be torn down.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions