Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 240
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:57 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

A note about this update's "on time" status.

This update, like several of them recently, was being fiddled with until the final hour. There are a lot of reasons why I need to do this, and they vary from update to update, but they're all the same essential reason: I want Erfworld to hit its creative mark.

As it turns out, the act of posting the update in the final minutes of the final hour caused a disk space error that crashed the site. The web team had to bail out the site, and they found and fixed the thing that was causing our disk to fill up.

So this one is "on time" because it was ready, and I tried to post it. I can understand if you see it differently, but I would ask you to please write comments about that, and timing of the update in this thread, and leave that discussion out of Reactions. Thanks.

-Rob :jed:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 240
     Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:05 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published!
    Woo! Jed!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:06 am 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    First page, first five, first time!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:15 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I hope Parson has at least seven different ideas...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:17 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published!
    Parson has all the ideas. Bad ideas, good ideas, erf-shattering ideas, the whole package. Things are about to get really interesting.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:18 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    Too many questions. Not enough answers.

Let's hear some PLANS, dammit!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:20 am 
    IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I find it interesting how much focus was on Maggie's learning about the strings. I wonder how much longer it'll be until she hits Master? It's bound to be at an appropriately dramatic moment though.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:20 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Let's be honest here, Wanda and Stanley summoned Hamster entirely by accident. The perfect warlord never came.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:22 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Nothing interrupts a dramatic cliffhanger statement like a rude smoker.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Oooh, Parsons been thinking, and when parson has ideas, things tend to get rather... interesting. The only other (single)person that can think around the rules as cleverly as Charlie(if not more so). This should be fun.

... though that said, I do worry where Jack went...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Requiem_Jeer wrote:
    I find it interesting how much focus was on Maggie's learning about the strings. I wonder how much longer it'll be until she hits Master? It's bound to be at an appropriately dramatic moment though.

Personally, I suspect that gaining Mastery and becoming Bad in the eyes of the Great Minds might be intertwined - especially if their number one priority is preserving power. Even if Maggie were to join them, sharing power is still losing power.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:24 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    DolGrenn wrote:
    I hope Parson has at least seven different ideas...

Or at least one particularly clever one.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:25 am 
    Took me a bit to realise the cause of Parson's coughing fit. At first I thought it may be thinkamancy trying to stop him from giving Caesar, a unit of another side, any ideas. Though the most probable cause is from Parson breathing in all of Caesar's smoke.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:25 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I take it from the image that Jojo is back in play, doing some dastardly deed (or at least preparing to do some dastardly deed) in the name of CC.

Nice to see him back!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:26 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool
    Itll be interesting to see how Caeser and Parson deal with this whole 'truth' thing. Ceaser seems straight forward enough but if you jerk someone's chain around enough it starts to not matter how compatible your personalities are.

Also nice to see Benjamin using the bracer to its full potential.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:26 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    The Recreator wrote:
    Requiem_Jeer wrote:

Personally, I suspect that gaining Mastery and becoming Bad in the eyes of the Great Minds might be intertwined - especially if their number one priority is preserving power. Even if Maggie were to join them, sharing power is still losing power.

Yeah. Way easier, even if subconscious (do Thinkamancers have subconscious minds?), to find some fault in the way that a caster gained Mastery. Oh, but the way they did it was "dangerous" in some way, better not let them in the club.

Jeez, the Great Minds are the Ori.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:27 am 
    Unfortunately Parson has succumbed to the pressures of his world and is now part of a secondhand smoke PSA.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:29 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool
    The Recreator wrote:
    Requiem_Jeer wrote:

Interesting theory. Also puts the current great minds at odds with each other. Could explain why we've seen some of them acting on their own without bothering to gain the council of the rest.

On one hand it kind of contradicts the whole working together in one brainspace thing we've seen. On the other even the closest of siblings can fight when they've been together too long. Will be interesting to see how things play out.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:30 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Whispri wrote:
    Let's be honest here, Wanda and Stanley summoned Hamster entirely by accident. The perfect warlord never came.

"Perfect" doesn't mean you win all your battles, or even always have a winning plan. It does not mean overcoming insurmountable odds with just an idea and a sword.

Even then, it is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.

Parson might not be a "perfect" warlord, but he's as close as they come. He's disciplined in the face of oblivion. He's concerned with the well-being of the units under his command, but not to the point where he won't make sacrifices. He's willing to challenge the idea of what's possible versus what's not. He knows when to take calculated risks. He's willing to use diplomacy as one of his key tools. He's usually socially keen enough to know when diplomacy has failed.

To be honest, I think Parson might have missed his calling as a General. It's probably all that flab he's built up over the years.

• Tipped by 8 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:31 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Revealing he doesn't have poison blood is a massive show of trust by Parson, and likely earned him major points.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions