Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 238
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:54 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up. Lateness is my fault. In related news, I am not at Mysticon and my car needs a new transmission. :roll:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 238
     Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:58 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    First.

Nice, one less thing on the bucket list. Now to read the update :P

Also Caesar and Bunny on this page, the thoughts, the pictures... so sweet and so sad at the same time :(

I feel in this case Caesar's love and understanding of Bunny is on firmer ground than Benny's reasoning and intuition. Benny is kind of wrong, he has caught on or at least suspected that GK has fibbed a lot yet in the end he goes on pretty much a hunch that Charlie and Jillbats are the enemies. However Caesar knows that Bunny would not have done what she did if she was not certain it was a fatal mistake, and she is probably right that Charlie is the worst existential threat to all sides of Erfworld. To me this is important because it shows that theirs was an ennobling kind of love, that made them both understand each other and so understand the world better too, it was not just mere attraction or lust.

Last edited by C9H20 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:02 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Good lord, such relief...I love that Cesar and Ben are gonna be in this for the long haul, and the right reasons.

Of course, given how this comic works we'll be waiting, what, a month before the next update in ICFYS?

So many evil, imperative liddle plotlines....

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:02 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I like seeing this side of Caesar. Parson is starting to act like an ally as well. I have high hopes for this alliance.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:03 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    love the update. Hate how every update is as late as possible.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:05 am 
    "And I don't have any rapists"

Shit, this is a heavy line. I'm glad we had this update from Caesar's perspective instead of from Parson's. I really wouldn't want to be inside his head at that particular moment.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:06 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Took you long enough, PGLH.

I do find Parson's enthusiasm intriguing. Did he get an update just now? Possibly we will hear at third-hand about Marie's mission in ICFYS?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:07 am 
    I'm not sure how the hell retaining that particularly "honor" counts as "winning".

But I think it's amazing and sweet that Bunny can tell Caesar stuff even when she's croaked.

Somehow, when I put it like that, it doesn't sound as good as I thought it should.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:07 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    You can tell everyone is reading the update because the website is loading much faster than it was a couple minutes ago :)

I'm glad Parson is finally going to talk to Caesar about Jillian.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:08 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Year of the Dwagon Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Sorry to hear about your car Rob. Hopefully it won't be too expensive to get it fixed.

Awesome page as always. I'm glad Parson decided to come clean with Caesar. Honestly, I don't know why Jack would advise against it, considering the answer to the question was pretty obvious (as both Caesar and Benjamin pointed out).

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:09 am 
    Full disclosure could still go really poorly, though...one of the lies this alliance is founded on is that GK the Side is well-stocked with auto-specialed guns, and part of explaining how they lost GK the City is admitting that not only did Jillian have guns, the defenders didn't.

...Also, the contract prevents them from explaining to any Transylvitian what kind of Plot Armor Jillian has against GK forces...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:10 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Vorteks wrote:
    Hopefully it won't be too expensive to get it fixed.

I'm no car mechanic, but I heard transmissions are one of the most expensive things that can break :/

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:10 am 
    Interesting update. Seeing Benjamin's perspective on this whole thing was interesting (it's interesting to see how intelligent he's being despite losing an old friend), plus things seem to be moving along nicely.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:11 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Chiu ChunLing wrote:
    I'm not sure how the hell retaining that particularly "honor" counts as "winning".

He had an argument with Jack - as we saw before, Jack wanted to lie about Jillian/ICFYS, and Parson was leaning towards telling the truth. Parson "won" the argument, meaning he was going to tell the truth.

Well, what did you do yesterday? Now you know.

Let's all be the kind of people we wish everyone had been then. Show up. Call. Resist.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:12 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    I like Benjamin more with every update. He's going to be a huge asset to Caesar through all this. Also love how well Caesar and Parson read each other.

Sorry to hear about the transmission, Rob. Had to replace mine about five years ago, and it's never fun.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:12 am 
    While I'm normally one to defend the pace of the updates, I honestly feel that this one is bringing the plot to a snail's crawl. Did we really need an entire update dedicated to Caesar rethinking the terms of his alliance with GK regarding the revelation that Jillian and Faq weren't going to attack TV? The paragraph where Caesar recognizes that Bunny knew the information and still decided to kill Don because it was in TV's best interest would have been enough.

I guess we get the interesting mechanics tidbit that the amount of move needed to cross a mountain hex isn't a flat amount and instead varies with how high/treacherous it is.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:14 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I've been waiting for this update. Well, you know what I mean. Caesar's inner reaction to all these events is very important. No clear idea that Bunny might be Decrypted, interestingly. Edit: Not that anyone's called me out on it, but I reread and caught the thought "just maybe she'd be brought back to him."

Shaking the laughter of the Titans from his head.

As much as Jack rocks with it, insanity isn't all it's cracked up to be.
    Did no one get this? Too subtle?

Ruler of the Rings is on indefinite hiatus.

Last edited by HighJumper on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:15 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    My fellow posters, don't you see? He can say everything about ICFYS, which is
    A. Not FAQ.
    B. Out of the contract.

That's what Lord Hamster just won. This is a great development!

Last edited by TheMilquetoastFool on Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 6 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:16 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published!
    Yay for learning about new hex types! High mountains where even fliers take Move penalties and the cold is so harsh it can cost you hits. Love it!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:18 am 
    Yaaaaaay!!!!
    :D :D :D
    Parson gets to trust somebody!

A tale from Erfworld: The Retconjurer

A tale of Rhyme-o-mancy: The Noble Gasses

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous