Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 236
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:15 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 236
     Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:22 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I do not think Parson's reply did him any favors here...at all.

But I wonder just who is going to be the prime actor in trying to stop this execution. A SECOND multi-faceted battle in the MK might break Erfworld altogether....

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:26 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    AOL: NOT FOR HONOR
    So you can have a side without a capital.

Looking at the last illustration, we can see eight posts. Presumably that is for the three stabbers, three archons, Artemis, and Shawn Bawn, while Wanda will be executed elsewhere by Janis.

Last edited by Ozamataz Buckshank on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:28 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    The story has stalled out again.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:31 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Wow, EVERYTHING is happening.

But if I'm guessing correctly based on previous "fate armor" seems like at least one of the archons still has a part to play...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:31 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Boop, meet fan. Fan, meet boop. Now, play nice..... Ew.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:32 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Parson is in some shit right now. He needs one of his inspired ideas, and soon.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:32 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So, If Charlie broke the sky like Parson is musing... does that mean we'll have a shield helicarrier showing up in the near future? Also, do I see JoJo hanging out at the execution site on the left?

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:33 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I like how the update almost goes out of its way to end a bunch of the more annoying "discussions" on recent forum threads about what happens when you lose your capital. Kudos and thanks!

I can't help but notice that the visible tripod is unmanned... ;)

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:33 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Interesting that Wanda doesn't seem to be here. I see eight stakes, and there were nine GK prisoners. Three infantry, three archons, Shawn Bawm, and Artemis.

Maybe they're worried about a rescue, and want to keep Wanda separate for security reasons? Oh wait, Janis was going to put her to sleep, rather than having her be shot.

Nice touch with the dirtmancers building a backdrop to stop the bullets. Took me a few seconds to figure out what was being built.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:34 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Castards is a nice word.

And yeah, this update confirms a side can exist without a capital site. Just not very feasible.

1. Find a forum post by that person.
    2. Click the profile button on that post (lower left corner).
    3. Click Add Foe.
    4. Click Yes.

Problem solved.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:35 pm 
    Oh, those fools are doing it out in the open? And Marie had to have predicted it. She's going to get Sizemore and the pliers, and maybe Ace, hit the TV portal for those guys, and...let's not do the snowball, guys. Wanda might want to, but don't let her. Keep things as limited as possible. Janis, please come along and keep things clean.

Not that it won't be messy anyway.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:36 pm 
    It just hit me how many were to be executed. They're not just executing Wanda. That changes this from a War Crimes punishment to, effectively, a Witch Hunt; it's not the Decrypted's fault they exist as such.

And with Charlie's "OP" weaponry, to boot. Because sure, if they can benefit from it why ban their use?

I thought this would swing either way -- Wanda could croak here and the story could move on without her in a different direction -- but now I really, REALLY want an escape.

Last edited by El Chupacabra on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:37 pm 
    IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    So... Who here trusts Caesar to pull through for Gotti?

I do.

Last edited by J on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:38 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Cotonou wrote:
    The story has stalled out again.

You should know Rob better than that by now.

His storytelling is a lot like a chess game. You know, where both players put all the pressure on one particular space and then someone goes in and triggers a massive chain of piece trading?

I agree that at first, it felt particularly slow when he was in the setup phase of a story (seemed to take an eternity at the beginning of Book 2 in particular), especially since he'll also make updates like this which are the equivalent of a player looking at the board and studying the pieces at the beginning of their turn without moving anything very much.

These days, though, I'm loving the buildup phase because it just heightens the anticipation. Vinny moving on two cities, Marie doing whatever she's doing, Ivan and Claud with that thing approaching them, the executions lined up... a LOT of pieces are in place right now, and the trigger pull is, I suspect, only a few updates away. :)

• Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:38 pm 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I think there may be a typo. In the paragraph above the pic of Parson and Ceasar, it says "Pieces representing Faq's chief warlord, two skanks, and a hundred and something bats, and one red piece for Ansom in the hex where the capital of Faq had stood."

It should probably say "Transylvito's chief warlord", given Duncan is in ICFYS.

As for the developments, damn, it's nice and horrifying to see how all this diplomacy can end up breaking down.

I wonder if Benjamin is unusually keen eared, compared to the TV types, or if it's a caster thing?

The Overlord's New Clothes -- Two parter, Completed!

Unjust Deserts -- Updated August 20!

Last edited by Spicymancer on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:39 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    I may be naive, but damn Parson, do you really expect the guy who has a lot riding on you, to just break an alliance because the person he didn't trust was slightly more trustworthy than he gave her credit for.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:40 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    J wrote:

Actually it's suddenly occurred to me that...

Spoiler: show
    Gotti is a great mob boss name, and Transylvito's had this mob feel to it from the beginning. Ruled by a Don, very gangsta... would not surprise me at ALL if Parson's fated to be the Brutus to Caesar's Caesar and become ruler of that side.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:43 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Is anyone else horrified that one of the Dirtamancers holding a rifle is drinking from what looks like a bottle of alcohol?

1. Find a forum post by that person.
    2. Click the profile button on that post (lower left corner).
    3. Click Add Foe.
    4. Click Yes.

Problem solved.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:44 pm 
    J wrote:

This still could be spun by suggesting that her forces were large enough to take GK and Transylvito. Problem is, it would have been easier if Parson had started with that event, so as to direct the attention in his favor.

Problem is, Caesar did lose a lot to get to this point. Plus, it's going to nag him that Don was saying there was information he couldn't tell him that would have convinced him to trust Vanna.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions