Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 236
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:13 am 
Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
Brother Mirtillo wrote:
Maybe it's the late hour making me woozy, but can someone remind me: has Gobwin Knob started its turn yet? They're allies with TV, and TV is definitely on-turn. I ask because Maggie and Jack still had no juice last time I checked, and it'd suck (...more than it already does, anyway) to try to build a prisoner-saving plan without two of Parson's favorite casters. GK is going to get a turn today, right?

Anomynous 167 wrote:
Citizen Alan wrote:
Is it just me or does Jack routinely give Parson bad advice, especially when it comes to interpersonal matters? It's like as a Foolamancer, Jack can't help but favor the most duplicitous approach to any problem, and he fails to realize that with someone like Caesar who is almost brutally straightforward, the risk of getting caught in a lie is worse than the risk of honestly revealing an unpleasant truth.

Yes! It frustrates me whenever people use JACK of all people as a standard for moral character, and take everything he says too seriously.
"Skulls are the new shackles" as if no one takes prisoners anymore, ignoring the fact that this is said in the context of there being someone in his party that can perform bodily resurections.
Or when he said that going on a killing spree in Transilvito is the most Erfly idea Parson ever thought of. Seriously he is the guy that sent Parson into battle when Tremanis was going to negotiate in earnest. Jack is not a good judge of character, neither is he a roll model.

I think this deserves a bit more dissection. Jack is not the same person before and after decryption. For that matter, he's not the same person before and after the Battle for Gobwin Knob, either. Overall, he's my favorite Erfworld character -- maybe not morally, but intelligently...

...but in the sense of the question you're asking (interpersonal relations), yeah, he's trouble. He understands people, that much is true, but the way he uses that knowledge is usually so he can mess with them.

I admit to feeling very uncomfortable when he endorsed the kill-all-vampires idea. I wish I had a counter-example, but I can't think of many cases when someone asked his opinion of how to handle a real-time battle. The one example I do have is the Siege of Spacerock... and his smirking idea was to destroy the tower, kill the king, and end the side -- something that had only been Parson's reluctant back-up plan. For what it's worth, he looked sorry about it afterward. But that was then, and now he's decrypted and not very sorry about much at all.

Minor note: he said the skull-shackle comparison not with regard to anyone else's dungeons, but instead with regard to GK having something better than dungeons. It was one side's evaluation... but it was still quite unfeeling. When I first read his dry description of a strategy that Parson called "scary," I thought it was just Jack being disconnected. At what point did "odd man out" transition to "carefree" and then to "gleeful?" I'm feeling a bit depressed about him now.
Above all, Jack values cleverness. To a fault. Jojo's appraisal of Parson was that he has a deep need to be the smartest person at the table. That's not true of Parson, but it might be true of Jack. Jack dearly wants to be the most clever person in the room, but knows Parson has him beat. Rather than accepting Parson's read, he is gonna take every opportunity to try and be clever.

Jack and Parson have very different motives. Parson is a power gamer for fun, Jack is a power gamer to win. But Parson is better.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:17 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Brother Mirtillo wrote:
    Maybe it's the late hour making me woozy, but can someone remind me: has Gobwin Knob started its turn yet? They're allies with TV, and TV is definitely on-turn. I ask because Maggie and Jack still had no juice last time I checked, and it'd suck (...more than it already does, anyway) to try to build a prisoner-saving plan without two of Parson's favorite casters. GK is going to get a turn today, right?

GK had their turn already. Stanley ended it just before FAQ attacked.

So yeah, Parson is going to have to come up with a rescue plan that doesn't involve Maggie or Jack (though Jack still has "tricks", I guess, while Maggie could possibly try to persuade the Minds to do something?).

Last edited by Lingo on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:20 am 
    Brother Mirtillo wrote:
    Maybe it's the late hour making me woozy, but can someone remind me: has Gobwin Knob started its turn yet?
    GK's turn already ended before Faq took ICFYS. TV was later in the turn order because they were allied with Faq (the newest side around) before breaking alliance and taking Faq before Faq could do the remainder of their stuff. This has been one of those "turn of turns" things. It's still TV's turn.

As for Jack, he's got a perspective that's helpful to keep Parson from losing his marbles under all the stress, and killing, and danger, and torture, and stuff like that. "Moral character" is fine and all, but not ending up a gibbering wreck can be more urgent in certain circumstances.

And while Parson needs to be "better than Charlie" in some ways, he has to be a shameless cheater too, or it is all for naught. Jack helps with that.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:25 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    RumpusImperator wrote:
    Yeah, at this point I'm repulsed by pretty much everything in the MK. If Parson and company massacre a whole lot of casters who were attending (let alone participating in) the execution, I'm going to be totally fine with that.

If they considered the Decrypted as non-sentient puppets and simply exterminated them, it wouldn't be so bad. But a simple conversation with the Decrypted makes it clear that that is not the case. If they are truly concerned that the Decrypted are essentially golems animated by Wanda's will, they should start by killing Wanda. If everybody else dusts with her death (or goes non-sentient like the Tin Man and Scarecrow), then they were right.

And I suspect we're short one stake because Janis plans to kill Wanda with flower-power.

Their entire existance within the Magic Kingdom was to allow for the protection of a War Criminal. They then engaged in combat on hollowed ground, while planning an invasion of Charlescom.

The Decrypted there deserved what they got.

And don't give me that "They were just doing their Duty" bulloney. Duty means nothing to the Free Casters.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:38 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Syrup Roast wrote:
    Strange that Ansom, a high level former-chief-warlord with a ton of experience, would straight up lay cruicial information out in the open like that, no? Considering he can probably do the maths and figure that Jill would've already been to GK city at this point in time; so his report of an upcoming attack would actually be useless to Parson at this point.

I like to think that this was a hard prodding by Ansom, to tell Parson that he needs to be honest with TV and that hiding information will sooner or later put you at odds with how they're run as a side. So his report is less of actually telling Parson what he saw, and more of nudging him on the right path to do diplomacy with TV.

Just my two cents.

Was that information really just left in the open? Last time I checked, it was Vinny who sent the message. Besides, Gobwin Knob and Transilvito are allies right now. Good allies share information, and GK and TV are good allies right?

Ansom was a prisoner during the attack on Gobwin Knob. He doesn't know that Jillian took the place, he can only guess at such things. For all he knows, Jillian went after Carpool or Jitterati. Plus there are plenty of other cities she could go after that aren't even capital sites.
    ysath wrote:
    Parson NEEDS to tell Caesar everything right now. Otherwise this alliance is gonna go downhill really quickly because Caesar will likely believe that everything else that was agreed on is gonna be a big lie.

Technically, it wasn't Parson that was wrong about the attack of Jillian on TV, it was the way Benny worded the question. If he had asked "what are the odds that Jillian will attack TV if TV doesn't start any hostilities". Because I'm under the impression that the number the bracer gave implied the chance that TV allied with GK and that due to that, the attack on FAQ and the pretty much 100% chance retaliation coming back from Jilian.

If Parson play it honest, Caesar will be able to trust him way easier than if he's just holding back information. After all, TV made itself an enemy of FAQ (though croaking Don and attacking FAQ's capital). Caesar also think very poorly of Jillian so while he MAY not have went to war with her, he most likely would have cut off the alliance regardless. So having GK as an ally there is better than not (remember Parson didn't have any intel on what was going on due to being prisoner). Second, I'm sure that Caesar still want the guns (which Parson just learned he could make the real deal) and thirdly and possibly the most important part, Wanda being able to decrypt and give him back Bunny.

So Parson has to remind Caesar of all that and in a way that will make him believe/trust Parson.

'Technically, it wasn't Parson that was wrong about the attack of Jillian on TV, it was the way Benny worded the question. If he had asked "what are the odds that Jillian will attack TV if TV doesn't start any hostilities".

That's a load of bulloney. Parson was the one to lead TV into believing that they couldn't trust Jillian in the first place. Don't "Technically" me, and don't give me this "If only Benjiman had worded the question differently". Seriously, what kind of question is "what are the odds that Jillian will attack TV if TV doesn't start any hostilities", anyways? It is not an intuitive question to ask.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:40 am 
    Ok, so Wanda and company are about to be executed, and Transylvito's assets are few. They need someone to punch through the firing squad and rescue Wanda...

I got it! Hire Charlie to send a few squads of veiled Archons through and save Wanda! They've got 30 mil to spare!

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:45 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Knott wrote:
    The problem though is that it seems they allowed Maggionette into the Joint where that flexural caster only needs to hear some assurances to trigger his Duty and through hir warped conviction disobey the orders to remain in a dungeon cell.

I'm not saying ignoring Bill and Vanna is a good move right now, but this update specifically says they didn't let the Maggionette into the Joint.

Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Spicymancer wrote:
    I wonder if Benjamin is unusually keen eared, compared to the TV types, or if it's a caster thing?

Benjamin is the least bit keen eared out of all the Transilvitans (age has probably also made him half deaf). Parson and Jack aren't talking, they are subvocalising. Parson and Jack "hear" each other by watching each-other's mouth movements.

Benjamin "heard" something by looking at Jack subvocalise, the same way Parson, "hears" things.

I don't think subvocalization is necessarily visible, and I'm convinced that at least Jack is excellent at ventriloquism while giving no visible clues. It would be AWESOME if deaf culture messed up a secret plan, though.

BarGamer wrote:
    So Parson got his Bracer back. If he's so unsure about whether or not to tell Caesar something, just calculate the odds for it. If he's not sure about some aspect of the rescue, calculate it. If he's about to croak Caesar, go ahead and calculate the odds for that. Seriously, he needs to start ABUSING that thing. Caesar did, and look how well that turned out for Vinny, minus that red-skirt.

I think Parson's been holding back, not acting on his own as much as he should. I completely agree he should be using the bracer instead of Jack. Oh, and using the bracer may have Benny thinking in subvocalization terms, too, which could have helped with the discovery.

Good job on the red-skirt pun. Almost missed that.

And the best part of the update: Fresh Prince. Heh.

West of Transylvito, popped and crazed,
    Was planning on Leading for the rest of my days,
    When I got in one little fight and my Mom got scared,
    And she said "Duncan will stay in charge, you don't train fair."

Jack's Shadow - Costume Art(well, maybe not art)
    It's Yer Berth Day - Exploiting Falling Story

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:59 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a Tool! This user has been published! This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Lingo wrote:

Chiu ChunLing wrote:
    GK's turn already ended before Faq took ICFYS. TV was later in the turn order because they were allied with Faq (the newest side around) before breaking alliance and taking Faq before Faq could do the remainder of their stuff. This has been one of those "turn of turns" things. It's still TV's turn.

Ah. Thank you. For some reason, I thought there was a night in between then and now. I blame the dark mood of Bunny's death.

...Crap. If we really are on a turn that's as late as new Faq is young, then the prisoners really are going to get executed in a matter of minutes rather than hours.

Lipkin wrote:
    Above all, Jack values cleverness. To a fault. Jojo's appraisal of Parson was that he has a deep need to be the smartest person at the table. That's not true of Parson, but it might be true of Jack. Jack dearly wants to be the most clever person in the room, but knows Parson has him beat. Rather than accepting Parson's read, he is gonna take every opportunity to try and be clever.

Jack and Parson have very different motives. Parson is a power gamer for fun, Jack is a power gamer to win. But Parson is better.

Chiu ChunLing wrote:
    As for Jack, he's got a perspective that's helpful to keep Parson from losing his marbles under all the stress, and killing, and danger, and torture, and stuff like that. "Moral character" is fine and all, but not ending up a gibbering wreck can be more urgent in certain circumstances.

And while Parson needs to be "better than Charlie" in some ways, he has to be a shameless cheater too, or it is all for naught. Jack helps with that.

Huh... I wonder if Jack is still feeling sore about his insanity. He certainly jumped back into his role once he regained halfway-clear thoughts. Maybe he's making up for lost time, savoring the joy of free thought. Or maybe he wants to be so powerful that no Ruler would want to bury him in a tri-link again. More probably both.

Jack playing to win, cheating if necessary, avoiding madness, eh? Maybe we shouldn't fear Charlie teaming up with Jillian or Wanda, but with Jack.

Heffenfeffer wrote:
    Ok, so Wanda and company are about to be executed, and Transylvito's assets are few. They need someone to punch through the firing squad and rescue Wanda...

I got it! Hire Charlie to send a few squads of veiled Archons through and save Wanda! They've got 30 mil to spare!

:roll:
    Delta: Thank you contacting Charlescomm, your battlespace solutions provider.
    Parson: Yeah, why does this invoice have a 50 million schmucker surcharge?
    Delta: That is your limited-time package for full medical examination.
    Parson: What do you mean, "medical?"
    Charlie: It means, shove it up your tailpipe and blow it out your nose.

---

I have a fanfiction archive here and a DeviantArt page -- including Erfworld fanart this site hasn't seen -- here!

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:01 am 
    You know, one thing I can't help but notice is that nobody is manning the tripod. It's completely unguarded and about to be hidden behind a wall, with all of Gobwin Knob's jailers on the other side. Marie cast some spell that covers her eyes, so it probably alters her sight in some way.

Has Marie cast a spell that allows her to see through walls in order to mow everybody but GK's units down with the tripod? That'd be one hell of a rescue and predictamancy should allow her to determine exactly where to shoot. With 10 GK units rushing Portal Park after repatriation, there are also exactly enough rifles for each of them to carry one.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:07 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    RumpusImperator wrote:
    Polvane the eraser wrote:
    Castards is a nice word.

And yeah, this update confirms a side can exist without a capital site. Just not very feasible.

Now I'm confused. If that's true, why did Wanda go barbarian when Goodminton (the capital)fell? Wanda became Overlady of Goodminton when her father was killed, then Goodminton (city) fell, which caused Goodminton (side) to dissolve, making Wanda a barbarian. Based on this update, it shouldn't have worked that way.

I think the rules on Capitals/Rulers may have been retconned in service to the plot.

Wanda had no treasury, apart perhaps from a tiny amount in her purse. Not enough to support multiple stacks.

You could call a side which no longer has a treasury barbarian, rather than it being just the loss of the last capital. Ordinarily, the loss of capital means the loss of the ability to support more than the surviving ruler's stack. When Faq fell to Haffaton, only a tiny group got away with Banhammer -- just his personal stack perhaps -- even with Predictamancy which might have suggested stocking up on personal purse resources and gems.

Plus Book 0 might not be completely canon.

Caesar would be expecting Faq to have no treasury, and thus be homeless (no city) barbarians without the funds to support their army. But it sounds like he'd expect Jillian to have funds to keep them going for a handful of turns before the purse runs out, which might be enough to allow her a counterattack.

King Banhammer's actions allowed the side to survive until a capital site was captured, and then until the city of Faq was restored.

Oh, Parson, just be honest!

Actually, I think he still can be. He can explain that he was worried about rescuing Wanda, and getting Bunny back, and wanted to work on that before the problem of Jillian. His instinct is to lay things out straight, and there is no way to hide what happened to GK now, so why not switch gears and go with his friendship plan?

Especially if Ansom and Vinny are getting along well, surely a good sign of a future for the alliance.

It's TV's turn now, and GK can move with them in alliance. That gives them a shot for going into the MK and doing a rescue plan. Maggie and Jack can't get juice back in time to help, that's next turn, but they have a real gun, and can get bullets from Ace and some more "fake" guns, which would look real and scary to everyone in the MK.

If Parson reveals that Jillian used guns, obtained from Charlie, to hit GK, I think that alone might convince Caesar that Jillian is in Charlie's pocket, and was going to go after TV eventually anyway.

Can't wait until we find out what Marie does. I'm hoping now it is to get Janis into TV, to work a perfect warlord plan out with Parson.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Grab Bag
     Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:11 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    1- I don't see a contradiction in losing your capital. You're just operating on your Purse then- which will be tricky, since your Treasury itself will have been cleaned out. Most folks could survive as Barbarian only if they had a few Gems on them. In Jillian's case Charlie can just wire her the money. Something most folks wouldn't do for people who couldn't even hold their capital.

2- Parson has a very thin priority excuse for prioritizing Wanda news before Gobwin Gnob news because that has to happen right now if they want to rez Bunny- which we know is a top priority for Caesar.

3- After Bunny is Decrypted and turned back to TV, I think that buys a lot of positive cred for GK with TV. Until then, it's a high-tension point.

4- "Hey Caesar, we made an educated guess Jillian was coming here, but she hit GK first." If Caesar wants to go with their assessment, cool, but they were locked in a cell without fresh intel, what does he want from them, perfection? It's a solid guess. Charlie is obviously bankrolling Jillian with proof positive, and TV is on Charlie's booplist for knowing about guns anyway, so it was an honest guest and they're still in danger.

5- I'm still hoping for Wanda to do something awesomely networked with the 'Pliers.
    6- I'm still hoping for a Decryption Snowball to spread like a zombie plague through the MK.

7- Marie and her spoiler-y discipline may well be our best hope for any meaningful action.

8- Why didn't Charlie just have the action figure coup de grace Ivan and Claud while they were down. "You can't kill a corpse". Oh! And when they were back up they could have taken that thing on. I do hope it's not a bomb cart rolling their way. Ivan outta wall up that tunnel as a precaution.

9- These "tension building weeks" are sort of frustrating now, when we have to wait several realtime days between updates, but they're going to be a pleasure to read in book or web archive form once the series is all done and each strip is only a page turn away from what happens next.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:13 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    For anyone wondering what kipi means, from a quick google search:

Rebellion, revolt, treachery, treason, uprising; rebel, seditious; to rebel, plot, revolt, resist lawful authority; to conspire against; to ram, as of a goat.

I've personally really enjoyed learning some Hawaiian during this book.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:25 am 
    This update really drove home my dislike of the MK as a whole with the execution about to take place. While I can understand sentencing units that violate their neutrality, the entire thing has been a sham because Wanda was not allowed to speak in her defense, the GM broke their deal, and many of the casters we've seen are mostly acting in a form of "you brought problems here", and not any sense of truth or justice. Part of me seriously hopes that Parson goes charging in and forces them to get off their high horse.

My biggest problem with MK is that they simply don't care about Erf at large. Every turn, the constant and (IMHO) meaningless war in worldspace is something they're completely ignoring. Certain disciplines are barely tolerated. Being a caster in Erf means you can walk through a portal when your side ends and just stop caring. Even then, only some branches of magic are considered "good"; it's been previously stated that Carnymancers, Croakmancers, and to a much less extent Date-o-mancers are generally scraping by to get their upkeep paid.

The Great Minds only got involved because Charlie figured out several of their secrets; they're only in it for themselves and not some greater good, despite what they say. Censuring Charlie means that he's cut off from the MK, and the risk of his knowledge spreading is drastically reduced. This is why I have a major problem with Sizemore; he doesn't want to fight, but doesn't care about the rest of the world in general. Parson may not wish to fight, but he has been trying to figure out if Erfworld could even function as a single side (self-sustaining hack). Even if it can't, a true peace is possible by permanent signomancy treaties.

On the topic of the TV/GK alliance. I think they're work it out, and they both need to go through the MK to win. TV needs all three GK casters, and GK need them too. They're as close to indispensable as any unit can be.

Caesar may not be happy about being partially misled on the basis of the alliance, but he's got nowhere to go. If he breaks the alliance, then he's got no insurance against CC; at the very least, if Charlie gets involved, GK is going to be at their side. He wants to see both Don and Bunny decrypted, and he needs Wanda for that. To get guns, even if he doesn't know it yet, they need Ivan and Claud. He knows for a fact that TV can't deal with CC alone, and he's got plenty of reasons to be suspicious, but he's smart enough that the only way forward is going to stick with the alliance.

On Parson's side, he's going to have to learn to ignore Jack on this. Alliance's on Erf as far as I can tell either only exist to accomplish a goal, or something to be broken when inconvenient. As far as I can tell, what is an alliance in Erf is what we'd call a momentary ceasefire in real life. See TV/Faq as the most recent example. With Jillian on the warpath, TV is the one thing he can put between him and Spacerock. He can stall CC by station GK units in TV cities, and TV can go to town on Faq. It lasted barely less than a hundredturn, and TV ended up far worse off for it. It's possible though the TV/GK alliance changes the definition, and furthermore, one step closer to ending the war for good.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:37 am 
    The thing is, Bunny already knows about Jillian hitting ICFYS. She handled the call, remember?

She croaked Don anyway, and not just cause he was gonna do Caesar, if that were the only thing she coulda told Caesar to knuckle under, like even Parson said.http://archives.erfworld.com/Book%203/217

Yeah, Parson doesn't know all that. Parson just knows he's gotta get Wanda and that a good bit of this alliance was because Caesar wants Bunny back. He's gotta suspect that Bunny is all in for the alliance, even if she mostly reged Don for love of Caesar. After all, if she's got enough juice to one-shot her king, it doesn't take a lot of figuring to guess she coulda just told Caesar to cave.

Parson has to be betting that Bunny will excuse his lies and Caesar will listen.

But without Bunny, pleading "all's fair in the enemy dungeon" is not going to work. Not when those games ended with Caesar's king (who may have had a problematic problem dealing with heirs, but who was his king after all) and his love croaked in front of him.

Parson needs to come clean. Bunny is the only one with any soap.

Wanda is the only one that can bring back Bunny.

Parson doesn't have to know everything we know to work this out.

As far as the MK thing...it's not utopia and it's not paradise and it's not fundamentally divorced from an economy in which the only way to make upkeep is to be involved in helping croak the units of other sides. They're barbarians and mercenaries and even the few that could make a living completely peacefully trade with others who have blood on their hands, for the money they got paid for doing the job. That doesn't make them worse than anyone else in Erf.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:45 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Saving the people in the MK is going to hinge on recovering the wrench, unless the area under the Spacerock portal is dug out. Even then, that portion will depend on if a carnymancer is needed to link with one or both the juryrig the portal. Alternatively, they could maybe save Wanda by getting her to the bunker--this would still require the wrench.

The play concerning Jillbats and the cities feels fairly obvious to me. Ceed FAQ to GK. When TV takes the other two cities, also ceed them. In return, ceed 3 cities (one of which being a capital site) to TV. The best time to do this is when Jillian enters the airspace and is in range of the tower. Also placing an overwhelming GK force there, and giving that to TV at the same time would shut Jillian down, and likely capture her.

He does need to own up about the fall of GK. Cesar is going to find out about it sooner than later and will be more pissed that he was lied to. Bunny vouched for them saying they were good people, and good people don't lie to their friends.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:49 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Spicymancer wrote:
    I think there may be a typo. In the paragraph above the pic of Parson and Ceasar, it says "Pieces representing Faq's chief warlord, two skanks, and a hundred and something bats, and one red piece for Ansom in the hex where the capital of Faq had stood."

It should probably say "Transylvito's chief warlord", given Duncan is in ICFYS.

Retconjured, thanks.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:55 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Will Albert be founding a side called Bel Air?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:00 am 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    dwp222 wrote:
    Will Albert be founding a side called Bel Air?

The FAQ Prince of Bel Air. Nice.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:01 am 
    This user has been published! This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    I don't see the problem in giving the Caesar the intel about Jillian taking GK. Did he ever claim in front of TV that she would backstab them? Iirc he only said it to Jack while in prison and technically speaking it's not even a lie, because in book 1 she kept giving intel to GK during all those S&M sessions with Wanda.

Couldn't he just admit to having been wrong or something?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:07 am 
    Apparently our friend Parson has never taken any ranks in subterfuge. :lol:

That said he can still salvage this very simply. Come clean now with Caeser, explain that he didn't know for certain what Jillian was doing and, as a prisoner, said what he thought he had to in order to serve his side. Then hand Ben the bracer and ask him to calculate the odds that he is telling the truth and that the alliance is still in Transylvitto's best interest.

Yeah, it's a bit of a risk but by now Caeser knows what a threat Charlie is and will know that GK now has the two decrypted casters to make all the guns & ammo they will need. Odds are he'll be a bit pissed at first but once he stops and thinks about it he'll realize he would have done much the same and that the alliance is still the best bet for his side.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions