Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 235
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:20 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 235
     Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:22 pm 
    Interesting information about the portals and the action figure.

Who is this screaming "Decrypted Caster" ?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:24 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So at this point, are there are any magic disciplines that can't do a lot more than people think they can? Because so far pretty much every Caster's said about that much.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:26 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Woot! I've never made it on this close to the release of a comic before! Betcha it never happens again. :lol:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:27 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I can't recognize the caster screaming, and I wonder what might that spell do, two famous italian mediums names. I wonder.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:28 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary
    The two names Marie intones are a reference to a famous escape artist/supposed "medium". I wonder what she's doing...

For reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nino_Pecoraro

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:28 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! This user has been published! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I KNEW there was something around the corner!

Nice to get some explanation about the portal mess, though. I tend to side with Claud's explanation, that we have no Arkin' clue what could have happened, yet.

Edit for additional thoughts:

For all that I don't understand the Prince Albert and Can expectations, with how many times Ivan has said Nope there's the distinct possibility of another occurrence.

Also, I just realized that these updates are deliberately paired, with the events in the Magic Kingdom revealed at the same time as the events below them are shown as below them. It's an awesome artistic maneuver, but subtle enough to take a bit to catch.

Ruler of the Rings is on indefinite hiatus.

Last edited by HighJumper on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:29 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Shit is about to go down.

The action figure was probably doing its last sweep of the bunker and mine cart lines before going through the portal. Hopefully the Wonky Wrench wasn't the first thing that the action figure tossed through the portal. Unfortunately, since the action figure is almost assuredly being directly controlled by Charlie, he's going to figure out that Claude and Ivan are decrypted. If Charlie has any assets left in the MK, now would be time to activate them. If the Minds temporarily can't scry because of the new Grand Bargain, they might not be able to remote thread sever.

Marie's about to do something as well. She's making a break for someone's portal. TV? GK? Faq?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:30 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Jesus, the moment I saw the screamer's face, I had a strong urge to punch him. Something about him causes a gut reaction.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:30 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    A pair of famous mentalists, now I'm really curious what that spell's about!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:31 pm 
    Panel 5 is missing an "avi" (jk lol)

The caster screaming is from "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEStsLJZhzo

Last edited by Big Bison on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 13 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:31 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user has been published!
    rezby wrote:
    The two names Marie intones are a reference to a famous escape artist/supposed "medium". I wonder what she's doing...

And here's the rest: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eusapia_Palladino

So a spell that invokes Signamancy of an escape artist and a spiritual medium. Very interesting!

EpicCrab wrote:
    So at this point, are there are any magic disciplines that can't do a lot more than people think they can? Because so far pretty much every Caster's said about that much.

That seems to be fairly standard for Erfworld magic at this point.

Also an interesting thing to learn about portals. All of them have that 'limiter/focuser' device on them that if tampered with does... pretty much what we're seeing in the tunnel. Wonder what happens if they're removed entirely?

Last edited by Crisis21 on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:32 pm 
    rezby wrote:

It's likely something to prevent her from being engaged or make her difficult to target/capture. She's making a break for a portal. Time is probably short, she needs to be where she needs to be ASAP. My first bet is TV and my second is GK.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:33 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    AOL: NOT FOR HONOR
    I'd like to put in my pre-order for the "DUDE" shirt.

Last edited by Ozamataz Buckshank on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:33 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    ideologist wrote:
    A pair of famous mentalists, now I'm really curious what that spell's about!

Yeah, there's a lot going on with those two names. Communication with the deceased. Making objects move telepathically. The escape artist angle.

It's really tough to say what those words might signify, but I would say Carnymancy and evasion are some of the most likely answers. If it were mere Predictamancy, a Master should not have needed a scroll.

Speak with Dead would have been a good idea for a scroll if it made any sense in this situation.

Last edited by twhitt on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:34 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Osuniev wrote:

It is Matthew Benell (Donald Sutherland) from The Invasion of Body Snatchers.

Last edited by Fuschia warrior on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:35 pm 
    Any feel like by the time this story is over and every caster group gives up everything their own disciplines can do and they held back as secrets Erfworld is just going to end up being a lot like Stupidworld. Parson is going to go back with the understanding that instead of "fixing" or even breaking Erfworld he just made it Stupidworld and they like us are now on their own to what they make of it.

Last edited by Oath on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

So, we pretty much have confirmation that every casting discipline can do a lot more than expected, and the people who are in on those secrets theorize ways that charlie can abuse them beyond what they already can do.

Moving on, we now know that the portal shards are a known phenomenon, and that it's dangerous. It's also unlikely that the doll has left, given the cart's running (unless it took the time to mine the place, and is carting a load of explosives at the base to dispose of evidence, of course)

Any idea what Marie is casting? Lookamancy, maybe? I don't recall if she was out of juice to cast her own predictamancy, and it's definitely something that alters her sight. eusapia palladino and nino pecoraro are both escape artists and mediums, so maybe it's something crossed with croakamancy? Either that, or something to make her unengageable

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Has collected at least one unit
    Fuschia warrior wrote:
    Osuniev wrote:

It is Donald Sutherland from The Invasion of Body Snatchers.

Very good spot. I concur.
    http://cdn-static.denofgeek.com/sites/d ... 306529.jpg

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:36 pm 
    I don't think that's Marie running. I'm guessing she just cast a Lookamancy scroll to make it appear she was running. She throws a veil on herself and lets the duplicate get shot. Then she strolls through the portal unnoticed.

I think Donald failed his "Spot Check".

A tale from Erfworld: The Retconjurer

A tale of Rhyme-o-mancy: The Noble Gasses

Last edited by tadthornhill on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions