Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 229
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:21 pm 
Naw, Parson broke the boop filter back at the end of Book 1.

I remember it very distinctly.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:22 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    AOL: NOT FOR HONOR
    cheesecrow wrote:
    Anyone else noticed that this is the first time Parson cursed using an Earth word? He said "Shit." I thought you couldn't used Earth expletives in Erfworld... simple author mistake or a sign of something bigger?

I swear we get these posts literally every time Parson says a naughty word.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:01 pm 
    This user posted the comment of the month
    Chiu ChunLing wrote:
    Naw, Parson broke the boop filter back at the end of Book 1.

I remember it very distinctly.

The last strip before the comic left the GiantITP website. I wonder if the departure was related, actually... OotS doesn't have any swearing.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:38 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Hearing about Maggie's sexual assault is very hard, and made harder by the fact that we are consistently experiencing the pain of that trauma through Parson. I'm glad that in this war story we do have some discussion of rape, which has been a part of every war in human history, but it feels like we are placing more value on her molestation because of Parson's trouble in coping with it. If he robs her (or Bonnie - baby come back) of her own revenge against Bill, it will feel like Rob just used her experiences as a tool to move Parson's character forward, so I really hope that doesn't happen. :think:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:17 pm 
    Mazikeens wrote:
    If he robs her (or Bonnie - baby come back) of her own revenge against Bill, it will feel like Rob just used her experiences as a tool to move Parson's character forward, so I really hope that doesn't happen. :think:
    You mean Bunny, right?

Unfortunately, there just isn't enough of Bill to go around. Unless we do it Ponzie-style, and I think neither Bunny nor Maggie have the stomach for that kind of revenge.

The point Parson made in his little speech where he broke the boop filter (etc.) is that Erfworld is real enough for the terrible things that happen to matter enough for someone to try and stop them. Ultimately, Bill is probably going to be disbanded/croaked because he's a liability to Caesar as ruler of TV, not because of any of our standards of morality. And everyone he's hurt is just going to have to pull themselves up and do what needs to be done despite what happened in the past or whether they got a meaningful 'revenge' for it.

One of the ugliest truths about war is that you put up with even the most depraved and vicious criminals as long as they're an asset in the fight.

Or you lose, and give up on punishing the depraved and vicious criminals on the other side.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions