Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 226
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:26 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 226
     Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:31 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    AOL: NOT FOR HONOR
    Well everyone can rest easy. Parson is Chief Warlord again, war solved.

Glad to see Caesar's popping the heir, good move there.

Last edited by Ozamataz Buckshank on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:32 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    wait, wanda made it to the bunker offscreen?

EDIT: nvm, dirtamacy bunker of course!

Last edited by NoteToUrist on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:33 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    So if Parson didn't tell Caesar about Faq taking Gobwin Knob, then perhaps Caesar broke alliance with Faq without telling Parson? Interesting.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:34 pm 
    You heard the boss man, Hamster. Fix it, chop chop. Do something to justify your upkeep this book.

Last edited by DrunkMonkGar on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Year of the Dwagon Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Covered a lot of ground in one update. I too am surprised that Parson was made Chief Warlord again so quickly, but it does seem to fit Stanley's current mellow/I-don't-know-what-to-do mood. Parson doesn't seem to know about his 3 new decrypted MK casters yet (assuming these notes were written after that happened).

What "big things" did GK lie to Caesar about, I wonder? Maybe about the gun auto-specialing? Other than that, I can't think of anything specific.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    NoteToUrist wrote:
    wait, wanda made it to the bunker offscreen?

Pretty sure Hamster is talking about the dirtamansion given that Wanda and Co. are being "held" there. GK still doesn't know about the bunker until Maggie can get juice to call Ivan and Claud.

Vorteks wrote:
    What "big things" did GK lie to Caesar about, I wonder? Maybe about the gun auto-specialing? Other than that, I can't think of anything specific.

You're correct that Parson lied about GK being able to make auto-special'd guns. He also lied that GK has mass produced auto-special'd guns and outfitted most of their army with them. (This is why he can't tell Caesar that Jillian took the city formerly known as Gobwin Knob. Jillian would've gotten roflstomped if she had to fight vs. a GK force that was entirely equipped with auto-special'd guns.) Additionally, Parson lied about his poisonous blood special and that Charlie is a Fallen Titan.

Last edited by Axiom on Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:35 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Now things are getting interesting again. It's down to the wire, and looks like it's up to Hamster to make the game play again. Just which way is it going to go through, I wonder.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:35 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Got no plan, but has time to make a Hamstard joke at the bottom of the page.

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:41 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit
    So, this seems to indicate that there are secrets and posturing being kept on both TV and GK sides. Parson and co aren't being upfront about the FAQ situation and, amusingly, neither is Caesar.

That means Caeser and co pulled the FAQ betrayal on their own since Parson doesn't mention anything about it in notes and thus has no idea that's happening, if I'm reading into this correctly.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:43 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I like how it is a text update, but not in a uniform font. It gives more of an impression of hand-written notes.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:45 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    INB4 Marie strolls through TV's portal and gives parson the layout of MK assets and objectives.

in other news: the love triangle between Parson, Benny and the bracer continue!

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:46 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    AOL: NOT FOR HONOR
    Since I think it's probably gonna come up, on the topic of Jack and Maggie's juice: Why don't they have juice after being freed, when Ivan did? Most likely, being taken prisoner "freezes" a caster's juice reserve, rather than emptying it, so they can't access it. Ivan still had at least a third of his juice left when he was taken prisoner, so that's how much juice he still had when Claud freed him. Maggie and Jack, on the other hand, exhausted their juice in a linkup, so they've been empty since the battle in Portal Park.

• Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:49 pm 
    I'm sure Parson will come up with a plan to leverage Caesar's assets to get Wanda free and escape his stronghold. If Fallout taught me anything, it's that you can do whatever you want in an underground bunker and Caesar will just praise you for it.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:50 pm 
    I love that Maggie's doll/golem is standing off the left looking like a moll, but instead of a spear is holding one of those figurine pushers battle coordinators use to push troops. Anyone got a technical name for those?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:52 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Why do I think that Parson will be destroying the MK soon? It would deprive Charlie a necessary resource and cut off his bolt hole completely. I feel that the MK is part of the reason Erfworld is so messed up with no real way to win it, yet.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So, what questions did Bennie have about the bracer that Parson hadn't thought of? I get the feeling that Ben could be a sounding-board/adviser to Parson on par with Jack if he gets the chance.

Last edited by ryanroyce on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Ozamataz Buckshank wrote:
    Well everyone can rest easy. Parson is Chief Warlord again, war solved.

Glad to see Caesar's popping the heir, good move there.

Well, we're going to see what a Regency is like in practice.
    That ought to be interesting.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:53 pm 
    Seyjan wrote:
    So, this seems to indicate that there are secrets and posturing being kept on both TV and GK sides. Parson and co aren't being upfront about the FAQ situation and, amusingly, neither is Caesar.

That means Caeser and co pulled the FAQ betrayal on their own since Parson doesn't mention anything about it in notes and thus has no idea that's happening, if I'm reading into this correctly.

This theory (Caesar ordered Vinny to take FAQ without consulting Parson) does seem most likely given the update. We know that Caesar really doesn't like Jillian. He'd jump at the first chance to faq (xd) her over and reclaim the money that TV gave her. I do wonder why he would keep it a secret from Parson and friends. Could he have guessed the terms of GK's contract with Charlie (like Jillian did) and is maintaining secrecy as a precautionary measure? Or could there be another reason?

On the other hand, this update could be a flashback to the recent past (or the updates with Vinny could be a flashforward to the near future). Erfworld the comic has done updates out of order like that for dramatic/narrative effect. Plus, Vinny's tactics during the fight seem decidedly Parson-like. Not saying I think this is the case, but it's still a possibility.

Last edited by Axiom on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:53 pm 
    Complete coincidence, that I just wrote about this but I'm sure that Benjamin is in favor of an heir...

If Maggie uses that spell to remember her dreams, maybe she'll learn how to get Juice from Jed while awake? I wonder how much Juice Jed has left. Since Sizemore and Ace are using theirs making guns there's no one to spell up the tower unless Bonnie can do it.

I'm curious as to what questions Benjamin asked about the Bracer. Does it count as an Artifact? I'm suspecting not since we've never been told that it provides an Artifact bonus.

My blog

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions