Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:57 pm 
    Well, that's an interesting insight into unlead stacks. Also, looks like ford took an enemy warlord with him after all.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:58 pm 
    Pretty sure we've seen Wrigley before in the summer updates. Too bad he didn't do better for himself. Say la vee.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:58 pm 
    Go Wrigley!

Who wants to bet he croaked the Warlord? That is what it looks like he is doing to me. Gotta love that deranged smile.

If the next comic or text updates mentions that a brave Jetstone warlord fell to a mere Uncroaked Stabber, I will smile so widely the top of my head might fall off.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:59 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    What's always interesting is not the fanatical certainty of the (usually) nameless infantry, but the fact that they don't really gain that certainty until they take action. How completely reassuring taking action is, how commonly incorrect it is, and how exactly like these infantry units we are.

Even my decision to make this post, it was the wrong decision in a number of ways, and yet just making it fills me with some reassurance. The die has been cast, the future has been created, indecision is replaced with consequences. Life truly is a massive, endless strategy game.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:01 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Glorious writing. Simply glorious.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:07 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Oh, Wrigley. Murder has never been quite so adorable.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:10 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Nice! It was especially interesting that he didn't care about his old spear, even though that was his last thought before dying the first time.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:24 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter
    One wonders if the enemy leader that Wrigley speared was named Mint.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:27 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool
    Well written.It gives depth and colour to the story.

Two incidental characters - Wrigley and, I assume, the female warlord we saw weeping for Ossomer sum up the whole battle.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:33 pm 
    No cape means not a Warlord.

Wringley just speared himself a regular infantry unit. The text says he took a shot a Warlord, but she kept herself safe.

Nice hearing from Wrigley again. However, it sort of stinks that he ultimately perished here and we won't hear from him again. Sigh... may Wringley have fun in this field of dreams.

"Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:49 pm 
    Wrigley came back, and he was no less free in his second life as an Uncroaked, than he was in his first life as a regular unit.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:06 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    "No cape means not a Warlord."

We don't *know* whether a level 1 warlord has a cape. Perhaps only higher ranked units/commanders have capes.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:09 pm 
    Wrigley rules!

Rob, you just found your diamond character, the one nobody expected to mean much, but everyone loves.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:18 pm 
    Lord Kasavin wrote:

Wringley just speared himself a regular infantry unit. The text says he took a shot a Warlord, but she kept herself safe.

Nice hearing from Wrigley again. However, it sort of stinks that he ultimately perished here and we won't hear from him again. Sigh... may Wringley have fun in this field of dreams.

Trammenis is very much a warlord and has no cape. Duncan too.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:20 pm 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Lord Kasavin wrote:

A false assumption...
    First, Weibnar and Dora did not have capes
    Second, their was a caped unit with captain ford in his text update, but the only other warlord in the hex was captain twenty... so the caped unit was not a warlord

Not sure what capes mean, but unless their has been some miscommunication between Artist and writer, they are NOT all warlords...
    It is possible that maybe caped infantry are knight-class infantry; some of whome like Antium have been promoted to warlord... granted it does seem odd NOT to have something to help distiguish warlords from regular units

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:31 pm 
    d'aaw, makes me all warm and fuzzy, in a morbid sort of way.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:37 pm 
    MonteCristo wrote:
    Lord Kasavin wrote:

A false assumption...
    First, Weibnar and Dora did not have capes
    Second, their was a caped unit with captain ford in his text update, but the only other warlord in the hex was captain twenty... so the caped unit was not a warlord

Not sure what capes mean, but unless their has been some miscommunication between Artist and writer, they are NOT all warlords...
    It is possible that maybe caped infantry are knight-class infantry; some of whome like Antium have been promoted to warlord... granted it does seem odd NOT to have something to help distiguish warlords from regular units

I think for this battle Jetstone warlords have a cape, Hagger seem to be helmetless while FAQ have top hats. GK's units are a mix due to the fact decrypted uniforms only change colour.

Edit: I forgot to say how glad wrigley finally got another text update. Thanks Rob for making even this bit character interesting.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:22 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So we see a lowly stabber kill a level 1 warlord. We knew this battle was going to be over fast and it was interesting to see that the forces that where left at the bridge knew that after loosing all their leadership. Nice to see the battle wrap up here but how well everyone react to the return of Parson, the man who brought down Ansom? I feel that everyone but Charlie is going to take this decision worth a grain of salt until it is to late.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:31 am 
    It seems to me that the Uncwoaked troops are handling being leaderless better than normal troops. They have a natural fanaticism, a fearless nature. Does this mean that Tramenis will have a harder time rolling over them than he thinks? It could be kind of a nasty surprise. :shock:

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions