Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 217
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:31 am 
IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
Zeal wrote:
That Bunny doll and Maggie's new knowledge about sentient golems is going to come in real handy now.

...What are the chances that the spell failed to unravel the strings on the bunny-doll?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:33 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Boom... right in the feels...

Bunny... she didn't deserve what happened to her, but hell of a way to go... no heir to the side I believe(I could be and wouldn't be surprised if I am mistaken), she gave herself in an act that likely will be remembered for a good many turns to come.... May the Titans let your soul rest in piece Bunny.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:36 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    In GlaDOS voice:
    Happy Tenth Birthday... You Monster.

• Tipped by 7 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:41 am 
    Boop. Just...boop. Can the pliers even decrypt someone whose string was unwound? Is that different from death in some way? This sucks. Bunny was awesome. Not perfect, no, but who is? Dangnabbit.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:41 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    The final nail in the coffin no one knows what is going to happen to the witnesses. Are they now on the GMTTA public enemy number 1 list or is that still Charlie?

There is a lot of clean up to take place and the GM's will just mind freeze on the order that it will need to take place, allowing enough time for Parson to figure his way out of this mess.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:42 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    J wrote:
    Zeal wrote:
    That Bunny doll and Maggie's new knowledge about sentient golems is going to come in real handy now.

...What are the chances that the spell failed to unravel the strings on the bunny-doll?

Pretty good, I'd wager. The nature of the spell unraveled her strings but didn't destroy them. I suspect that the strings on the Bunny Doll might be able to act as a form of anchor that a basic Bunny personality can be solidified or built around. The strings themselves could possibly hold residual data or the doll could be acting as data storage. Consider the way that Bunny sifted through the memories of the Magionette. It's possible that the Bunny Doll might have been acting as a data backup that Maggie could bring online. This would be especially useful if Maggie ever gets declared Bad herself since Bunny gained insight regarding the spell as it unravelled her.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:42 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Poor Bunny.

Poor Caesar.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:43 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I hate to nitpick at a time like this, but shouldn’t it be spelled “hereby”? Unless dis is some kinda Transylvito dialect t’ing.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:46 am 
    Wow, what a powerful update!
    A lot of interesting information — about Erfworld mechanics, about thinkamancy, about Badness, about TV history; and a lot of stuff to be speculating about, a lot of ways the story could go.

Normally I would be picking all this delicious info apart, but right now I'm too emotionally owerwhelmed by Bunny's heartbreaking and tragic story.
    I will say that bringing her back via decryption/doll strings manipulation (Maggie/Wanda linkup?) would be story-wise carss right now, but would be okay and make an interesting plot point somewhere in book 4-5, if the characters would have to work hard to make it possible.

Also, since the GM just got a notification that Bunny died, killed a ruler, exposed a Thinkamancy secret to Parson and others, it would probably be appropriate for them to call and do some damage control and have a discussion with Parson.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:48 am 
    J wrote:
    Zeal wrote:

Considering that Bill's dolls were probably very, very similar to Maxwell and Barton's in Haffaton, very small. When the thinkamancer connected to them perished, they reverted to ordinary dolls. They were connected to Maxwell in a way that allowed them some form of life, and his death destroyed whatever strings allowed them autonomy. The doll is still there, but missing whatever made it special.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:54 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user got funny with a rodent
    Quote:
    /thread

Dammit Balder I'm trying to be sad, don't make me laugh.

Knowing the circumstances behind Ponzie's disbandment really explains Don's attitude towards it. More disappointment than grief. Atleast he gets to be with his beloved Bea now...

Last edited by Biostar on Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:57 am 
    Belrodes wrote:
    Considering that Bill's dolls were probably very, very similar to Maxwell and Barton's in Haffaton, very small. When the thinkamancer connected to them perished, they reverted to ordinary dolls. They were connected to Maxwell in a way that allowed them some form of life, and his death destroyed whatever strings allowed them autonomy. The doll is still there, but missing whatever made it special.

That would be my take, too. Maybe the strings connected to Bunny still exist, but she's ... not really there to connect to, now.

Probably.

I mean, I suppose there might be some trace remains of her or something in it, but that... no. I don't think that's the ending I want for her, after a scene as good as this one for her ending.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:59 am 
    I'm sad about Bunny too. But I think we need to have some perspective here.

Charlie's booped.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:05 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool!
    Wow! That was powerful.

Seeing the full situation that made Bunny a baddy has really made me start to hate the Great Minds.

On a side note, I like the new stabber I have. :D

I tried to give him an Erfworld style punny name, alas I am not a creative type so I may have failed. ;)

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:12 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    MrGraves wrote:
    But, I doubt that'll happen; I don't know if Parson could even fully agree to that due to his loyalties, or if Caesar would even want to hear anything right now (like I said, I'd half expecting him to just shove the whole group into the MK and be done with it). I can only guess what'll happen next here, and though I desperately want to know, I have a sinking feeling that we'll be turning our attention to other places for a bit to catch up. It's funny, a week ago I was thinking of taking a break from this webcomic for a bit to let it build up for a bit... and now Friday can't come fast enough.

If loyalty would be a hindrance for Parson when asked to explain everything to Caesar, well, Parson did just explain to Caesar that "I'll turn if you threaten to kill me otherwise", at least as long as you make it convincing. Like "angry Caesar, spears pressed against throat" convincing. Oh, and look at all them spear-carrying dolls in the room..

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:15 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Bzro wrote:
    Lipkin wrote:
    Bzro wrote:
    So, I'm going to try my hand at this prediction thing.

Personally, I don't think Bunny can be decrypted. And I also don't think the doll will have any of Bunny in it. But I do think Caesar will obsess over the doll, try to get it to respond to him. Maybe he'll stay up with Bunny all night until her body depops in the morning, but after that he'll cling to any remaining shred of her he has left.

We saw in earlier updates that Bunny was basically all that kept Caesar sane. Now that she's gone, I think he's gonna become ruthless.

I think they'll try to preserve the body with the intent to decrypt her, only for Wanda to say it isn't possible. The possibility of decryption is too great a motivation to pass up for Caesar.

But how are they going to preserve the body? We don't even know what magic would do that (although I suppose that Turnamancy might do it).

If I'm not remembering this wrong, don't you have to move a corpse out of hex to stop it from going back into the box in the morning?

You just have to claim it for safekeeping, for whatever reason you might want. Possibly there's some minor cost to it, to prevent croakamancers to just keep bodies around nigh forever until needed. (And building extra city walls with them in the meantime).

In this particular case I'm suspecting a glass box might come back into play. I've always felt there's been some Snow White signamancy about Bunny (snowy pale and dark hair, red lips - I'm reaching a bit here but it's still legit).

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:33 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    For some reason it's Don's picture that cracks me up the most.

He just looks so... happy. And proud. Like, all he wanted was to be a good King. Despite character flaws, idealism that ends in utter defeat or failure tends to hit me the hardest.

This is just a small observation of the overall tragic storyline that finished here today. I am deeply moved.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:47 am 
    Well, damn.
    Some more bad luck or bad fate for Charlie.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:51 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Twitter: Dahold
    Dick move, Great Minds. >:I

Every passing update seems like it's setting them up as equally scary as, if not more scary than, Charlie. And with Charlie being more flawed and sympathetic recently, I'm starting to wonder if we're not going to see a 3rd Act Twist, where he and Parson have to team up to go against the Great Minds and/or their machinations.

Part of me is hoping Bunny's tattered strings can pull a Velveteen Rabbit maneuver... especially if the Bunny Doll is still in play. Some combination of those two, Caesar's devotion (and I guess newfound Leadership?), and Maggie's newfound Dollamancy expertise might be able to pull something out, and enable the Bunny Doll become the Real Thing.

I bet Bill would be really happy to see that too, given his megalomaniacal thesis on Dollamancy, and its ability to create new life.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:06 am 
    One question here. The Badness spell was implanted into Bunny when she first told The Great Minds about her work with Bill? I think so. But what if it was in her all along and activated when she told Ponzie? Could this mean that if Maggie spills to much the same could happen to her?

Probably not, it is likely the spell was implanted when she first came clean. But who knows, GMs are paranoid bastards and they probably only got even more paranoid since Bunny's incident. Just in time for Maggie's initiation.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions