Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 213
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:29 pm 
User avatar
Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user got funny with a rodent This user is a Tool! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
Offline
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:18 pm
Posts: 225
At this point I wonder if Stanley would even notice if his treasury got another huge influx of shmuckers (when the Archons breached the 6-hex boundary) right before GK-proper fell.

Would probably blame it on Parson before taking another sip of his Kahlúa... and then do a spit-take when the alarms went off.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 213
     Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:57 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:23 pm
    Posts: 137
    Nightseraph wrote:
    Is Crush just pulling evidence out of thin air to support what he saw?
    He is the protagonist of a backer story, so it makes a certain degree of sense for him to engage in the same nonsensical behavior us forumites love :)

    ---

    So, I've been thinking over the issue of Jillian, Stanley, and the automagical contract involving both of them. I don't think GK's going to fall as a side, not because of any ironclad logic but just because it doesn't feel likely to me. And I don't feel satisfied by any of the plans suggested to nerf a rampaging Jillian either (capture via pinks and a sneak attack by a GK proxy on Faq the city are the two big ones that come to mind). GK is overwhelmed and under-brained right now, so a crafty upset against CC-backed Faq seems rather unlikely, and neither of those plans seem to naturally lead anywhere satisfactory story-wise.

    So, based on that sketchy thought process I've come around to a truly tinfoil theory: Jillian might experience some character growth and decide that croaking Stanley is not an appropriate focus for her life. Bear with me for a minute here :).

    The one thing that Jillian really hates, even more than Stanley, is being controlled. She has/had mixed feelings about being controlled by Wanda, yes, but Jillian reacts with reflexive hostility whenever anyone else tries to control her actions. I could provide examples here but hopefully everyone knows what I'm getting at.

    And what is Jillian doing right now, beyond literally sacking and renaming the city of Gobwin Knob? She's being used by Charlie, so thoroughly and obviously that even she's realized something terribly bizarre is going on. She's clearly been given casters and advanced weapons by Charlie, that much she seems to able to stomach without complaint. But she's only just now beginning to guess at the terms of the non-aggression pact between CC and GK, an agreement put into place at least partially to shepherd her away to safety and keep her in play for Charlie's benefit.

    And getting manipulated by Charlie goes further back, of course. She's had to become badly indebted to TV, hurting them in the process, to build up New Faq, but Charlie could easily have loaned her the money himself out of his ridiculously large coffers. She's been brought into the scheme of sending Vanna to TV for CC espionage, not consciously or even entirely willingly but still involved nonetheless. And there's plenty of manipulation back in Book 0, most prominently Charlie's unwanted mind-surgery on Jillian at the very end that makes her such a known quantity to Charlie.

    Jillian and Faq are being used as pawns by Charlie. That's clear to us as readers but less so in-story, particularly to Jillian. All of the clues are there, though, and if even half of them are pointed out or revealed to Jillian then she might seriously begin to rethink her relationship with Charlie. Jillian's slowly begun to come around to this herself, and Wanda, Jack, and Ansom are all GK units who are familiar with Charlie's manipulations and who Jillian would probably be willing to listen to. And Charlie's known for his skill in manipulation, sure, but if his last conversations with Claude and Ivan can be taken as any kind of example he's not exactly on his A-game right now. After sacking GK's namesake city and renaming it in declaration of her hatred for Stanley she might be, ironically, in a better position to be brought around to peace with GK than ever before.

    Jillian's already standoffish towards Charlie and his archons, even now when they should be on relatively good terms. So I don't think it would be too hard to break that bond, hate has never seemed to be hard for Jillian to come by anyways. But could she bury the hatchet enough with Stanley to at least stop fixating on trying to kill him? Possible, I think, if Jillian manages to get over Stanley's obnoxiousness and get some perspective in general. Stanley razed her home and killed her father, cause for a deep grudge in Erfworld as well as Stupidworld. But Erfworld is a world designed around violent conflict and Jillian has, of all things, long been a mercenary herself, croaking others for no more reason than schmuckers. And it's been a long time since Stanley sacked Faq, Don and Trammis have both shown a willingness to forgive emotionally fraught killings during war that occurred much more recently. The fall of Faq was also Predicted and immediately facilitated by Wanda, two factors that might mitigate hatred or at least turn it away from Stanley if brought to light.

    Do I feel confident that Jillian will have some sort of emotional epiphany and start behaving more reasonably in the greater GK-CC conflict? Sort of, I'd give it 50-50 odds. Jillian is stubborn and often rather oblivious, but she's also a major character who shows no sign of disappearing anytime soon. I can't imagine her remaining Charlie's pawn indefinitely.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 213
     Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:07 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:50 pm
    Posts: 59
    I agree with your 50-50 odds. Just a couple of additional thoughts:

    -She might not remember any dealings with Charlie from Book 0 because of the mind-wipe. She might not until she's croaked. Definitely doesn't hinder her realizing fishy things going on *now*, though.
    -Though she and Stanley hate each other, I get the impression she doesn't know about Wanda's involvement in Faq's fall. Stanley might be the one to tell her, or at least Jack? I don't know.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 213
     Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:18 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:06 am
    Posts: 2127
    DukeofTuring wrote:
    So, based on that sketchy thought process I've come around to a truly tinfoil theory: Jillian might experience some character growth and decide that croaking Stanley is not an appropriate focus for her life. Bear with me for a minute here :).

    Yeah... The only way I can see this happening is if Wanda fesses up.

    DukeofTuring wrote:
    And what is Jillian doing right now, beyond literally sacking and renaming the city of Gobwin Knob? She's being used by Charlie, so thoroughly and obviously that even she's realized something terribly bizarre is going on.

    She appears to be smiling in that last panel, and she thinks she owes Charlie her life, so she's probably OK with it for now.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 213
     Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:34 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:23 pm
    Posts: 137
    magusjuniperb wrote:
    I agree with your 50-50 odds. Just a couple of additional thoughts:

    -She might not remember any dealings with Charlie from Book 0 because of the mind-wipe. She might not until she's croaked. Definitely doesn't hinder her realizing fishy things going on *now*, though.
    -Though she and Stanley hate each other, I get the impression she doesn't know about Wanda's involvement in Faq's fall. Stanley might be the one to tell her, or at least Jack? I don't know.
    To be clear (that was something of a long, rambling post) I don't think that Jillian has all the pieces right now to put together a solid case against Charlie. Helping along will probably be needed from relatively trusted sources like Jack, Wanda, and Ansom.
    *I know that a lot of Book 0's dealings with Charlie are a mystery to Jillian but talking to Jack might clear things up. Her subsequent headaches certainly might be a clue that something's awry, anyways :). And, while I don't think anyone knows the details about the Charlie-Betsy mind surgery on Jillian at the end of Book 0 didn't Jack note that her personality underwent a significant change after that?
    *Stanley or Wanda would have to tell her about Wanda's role in the fall of Faq, yeah. Maybe a decrypted Marie could put together the pieces, knowing about the prophecies that motivated Wanda? The latter's a long shot, admittedly.

    ManaCaster wrote:
    DukeofTuring wrote:
    And what is Jillian doing right now, beyond literally sacking and renaming the city of Gobwin Knob? She's being used by Charlie, so thoroughly and obviously that even she's realized something terribly bizarre is going on.

    She appears to be smiling in that last panel, and she thinks she owes Charlie her life, so she's probably OK with it for now.
    Jillian enjoys conflict and got a headache when she was trying to figure out Charlie's position prior to the battle, so... maybe she's looking forward to calling Charlie out on his scheming? Maybe she's just generally happy about the razing and renaming? I see your point in that she does look pretty contented, but her inner dialogue suggests that she's not entirely happy with the status quo.

    RE owing Charlie her life, are you referring to the Non-Agression Pact or the rifle delivery prior to the sack of the city of GK?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 213
     Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:47 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:06 am
    Posts: 2127
    DukeofTuring wrote:
    RE owing Charlie her life, are you referring to the Non-Agression Pact or the rifle delivery prior to the sack of the city of GK?

    https://wiki.erfworld.com/Hvs.tCF_39
    Quote:
    That, of course, was the worst part of all of this; it was Charlie who had saved her from Ansom, from Stanley. She was even with Ansom, who'd truly been lost at the battle for Gobwin Knob. She understood that, finally. But now she owed Charlie. She would have to save him someday, to be even.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 213
     Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:53 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Offline
    Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:23 pm
    Posts: 137
    Mmh, point noted. At least she's frustrated with the idea of "owing" Charlie, that's still in keeping with my original train of thought. Maybe upcoming revelations will change or reverse Jillian's view?

    There are worse bets than putting your money on inconsistency from Jillian, anyways :)

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 213
     Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:20 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:00 pm
    Posts: 8
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Ogar the Dwarf wrote:
    There's one fact that can be learned from this event, however: Charlie is able to circumvent a truce, even if we may not know the exact means and limitations of this. Corollary: The non-aggression part of Don's pact with Charlie isn't worth ten Shmuckers.

    The non-aggression pact is worth plenty. Charlie has guarenteed Faq's destruction should Jillian attack Transilvito.


    Charlie couldn't use Jillian against TV in the same manner anyway because she lacks the inclination to attack TV on her own. But TV has many enemies right now. For a start, Charlie might bolster Carpool's army by arranging that they find a valuable gem under a tree.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 213
     Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:22 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:35 pm
    Posts: 209
    ManaCaster wrote:
    Sir Dr D wrote:
    I don't really beleive someone can carny themsleves though. It is like someone falling for their own scam, Jack being fooled by his own illusions, or someone being 'cured' by a placebo pill when they know it is a placebo.

    Quite the contrary, normal people delude themselves all the time without quite realizing.

    Carnymancers can do it consciously.


    I finally realized why Charlie's "real" appearance bothers me so much. It's his chair.

    It's like an evil confluence of Professor X's hoverchair and a Dalek.

    Charlie is Davros. Eternally on "life support."

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 213
     Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:50 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:40 pm
    Posts: 46
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    [*]Comedy is all about timing. If anyone besides had made any observation on Jillian's knowledge of the word "foilage" before me, then what I had just said wouldn't be funny. It would be too late to make that attempt of observational/sarcastic humor. Which is why I had to make that remark almost as soon as possible.


    Except that 1) others in this thread had in fact already discussed Jillian's understanding of "foliage", and 2) it really wasn't funny, rather it came off as just more bitterness against the character.

    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Ansom doesn't know about Bonnie. Bonnie turned up in Gobwin Knob back when Ansom was in Tremenis' closet.


    Technically, Trammenis was in Ansom's closet, or more accurately, the closet in the quarters Ansom was assigned during his visit. You could also argue that Trammenis was in Trammenis' closet, as he owned the entire city. To our knowledge as readers, Ansom has never been in the closet (in any interpretation of that phrase).

    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    MerchLis wrote:
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Isn't it mighty suspicious that Jillian just happens to find the guns, despite not knowing the meaning of the word foilage?


    Is there any reason to suspect Jillian doesn't know the meaning of the world "foliage"?

    For one, I can't even spell the word.


    Your personal intelligence/education/knowledge is probably not the most accurate measure of comparison to determine the same characteristics of a fictional character in a fictional world. Do you have any other reason?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 213
     Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:06 pm 
    Offline
    Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:40 pm
    Posts: 46
    Ogar the Dwarf wrote:
    OneHugeTuck wrote:
    NO AGENT SHALE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY CAUSE HARM


    This is a mixture of part I.a and I.b of the contract. The words "directly or indirectly" can only be found in part I.b:

    Quote:
    GK shall not cause bodily harm to, or destruction of, JILLIAN, by any means, directly or indirectly.


    It probably means that harming Jillian by croaking her megalogwiff would constitue a breach of the truce. The part relevant to CC supporting an attack on GK is part I.a:

    Quote:
    Neither Party shall attempt to cause, either directly or through agents or other contracted parties, [...]


    This is worded as if agents are a special kind of contracted party, thus no contract = no agent. Furthermore, the "Party" (i.e. CC) must make an attempt through the agent. Therefore I would conclude, with a bit of hesitation, that as long as Jillian is not obliged to attack GK on behalf of CC, her attacks don't trigger a default of the truce. I'm not sure about unrelated contracts, like old NDAs (Charlie seems to sign a lot of them). I guess that they don't make someone an agent of Charlie, or just about everybody in Erfworld could be one by now.


    I think you are reading that incorrectly. I don't think it means "agents or contracted parties other than agents," but rather "agents or contracted parties other than the Parties of this particular contract, as referenced at the beginning of this sentence ("Neither Party shall...")."

    Therefore, it does not seem to be unreasonable to think that a unit or side could work as either a CC or GK "agent" even in the absence of any contract or other documentation of such an arrangement.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 213
     Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:54 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:56 am
    Posts: 885
    Nightseraph wrote:
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Nightseraph wrote:
    To pick a nit, Lilith is not a commander. She doesn't have duty.

    All units have Duty. Duty just affects Commanders more than non commanders, and chiefs and Rulers are affected even more. Basically, the higher up you are, the more you have to follow Duty.
    Again, I refer to Page 110 which specifically says that Lilith has a sense of Duty.

    Even Courtiers have Duty. Remember how Lord Crush concidered writing a book on "philosophical exploration of the role of Duty in non-command units"


    Direct contradictions are annoying. Does Charlie tell his Archons they have Duty, when they don't, to create Placebo duty? Was Sizemore wrong about what he told Parson? Is Crush just pulling evidence out of thin air to support what he saw?

    Units just have duty.
    I don't see the distinction between commanders and non-commanders. It just seems different because of the nature of their position. Maybe there's some magical twiddly bits involved that strengthens some magical compulsion over them, but eh. That seems unnecessarily complicated when it's simpler to say that commanders have wider latitude to act on their sense of duty. The average footslogger doesn't need to think about much more than to do as ordered.

    Logically commanders should be able to theoretically betray their side.
    People would just say that's low Loyalty, but eh, that just sounds like a fancy way of saying that they're under no compulsion to be bound by duty if they don't feel like it.

    Personally, unless given evidence to believe otherwise, there is no fucking reason to believe any given Erfer's testimony about Capitalized Metaphysical Shit. Being insensibly backwards and superstitious people, they tend to treat these things as real forces unto themselves instead of as emergent properties with underlying causes or as abstract concepts. Unless there is merit to doing so, I rarely refer directly to Capitalized Metaphysical Bullshit because most of the time it obscures language instead of clarifying anything.

    I sure as fuck don't like the baggage attached to "Signamancy" when "appearances" works better nine-times-in-ten. Because I sure as hell don't want to get into a physical debate about contract magic, compulsions or pattern recognition hacks. Suddenly just because Signamancers are a thing, every Erfer feels justified in behaving like phrenologists without any good justification. (Stanley and Slately are both guilty of having judged books by their covers.)

    Let me emphasize. They are assbackwards in their thinking.


    Last edited by DVL on Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:16 am, edited 8 times in total.
  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 213
     Post Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:01 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:59 pm
    Posts: 625
    (Still playing catchup, currently 5 pages in)

    With regard to OOTS and the giants in the pass, consider the difference in a single, high level flier, on a maneuverable carpet, versus a large airship that uses propellers to drive through the air, up high where the air is thin and the acceleration is low.

    Yes, Ansom had an easier time maneuvering, dodging, staying out of range, etc. The OOTS airship may be at or near it's height limit, and just not able to get higher, or attempting to go higher would make an even slower speed (less air for the screws/propellers to bite into)

    But ultimately, there is one other crucial difference. Ansom arrives at the speed of his movement in hexes per turn. The Mechanae arrives at the speed of plot. And we know that there has to be a wandering monster encounter on each trip, that was established in their first book. And that's not even a random encounter, that's the plot attempt by the people wanting to destroy the world to destroy the ship that has the world savers on it. So speed of plot requires the ship to be attacked, and now the party is split, dramatic scene, ...

    In ErfWorld, it would be like Parson attempting to fly a ship of people going to the big battle to end the need for Erfworld to have battles, only to be fought by the giant carny forces that want the battles to continue. Maybe just as simple as trying to walk from A to B through a hidden pass, only to find that he's intercepted and can't walk.

    Or, to somehow find that what should have been an easy move from A to B being interrupted with a forced combat, with the party split in half, unable to support each other -- but that would require something to break the rules, right? Marching a column from A to B just isn't difficult, right?

    (KingWorld is a real game-breaking spell; can you imagine how much Charlie could have made by selling individual castings of that?)

    _________________
    Milestone Goal 5: Linda gets healthy again.

    (... Help me assemble my army for the great war, your donations will give an army of dwagons a good home against the army of darkness ... not as important.)

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 213
     Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:04 pm 
    User avatar
    This user is a Tool! Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Marbits
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:56 pm
    Posts: 2539
    Infidel wrote:
    Surfal wrote:
    'That trick the Eastern Giants do'... shouldn't that be Western?

    And nice dig at OOTS at the end of the section :)

    Edit 2: Ninja'd on my Edit 1. Damn you tigerusthegreat!


    Yea, I read that and couldn't help but think it was a reference to OOTS.


    Definitely a coincidence that both these events are happening in the comics at the same time.

    _________________
    Screw you guys, I'm a Polar bear now. Art by my very good friend, Arieann Pentagon.

    Old Cyborg pony pic:
    Full Image.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 213
     Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:58 am 
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:39 am
    Posts: 1
    I don't understand. I just went back and reread the truce brokered by CC. Yeah, Jillian herself has script immunity, but she's now in violation of the truce and, based on what happened in the MK, every single attack from her people should have cost her side a minimum of 500k. Her treasury should be completely wiped out within seconds and her entire side goes barbarian by start of next turn. With as hard as Charlie is trying to keep her and her side viable, there's no way he would let her make a move like this.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 213
     Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:40 am 
    User avatar
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Offline
    Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:11 pm
    Posts: 228
    Jillian is not a Signatory of the contract, so it has no impact on her actions whatsoever besides the limitations it places on Gobwin Knob and Charlescomm.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 213
     Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:56 pm 
    Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Mined 4 Erf
    Offline
    Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:59 pm
    Posts: 625
    ... I will not respond with contract comments ...
    ... I will not bring up the concept of agent ...
    ... I will let sleeping horses lie ...
    ...

    _________________
    Milestone Goal 5: Linda gets healthy again.

    (... Help me assemble my army for the great war, your donations will give an army of dwagons a good home against the army of darkness ... not as important.)

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 213
     Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:26 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! This user got funny with a rodent Has collected at least one unit Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins
    Offline
    Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:49 pm
    Posts: 30
    Ozamataz Buckshank wrote:
    I have to wonder about the significance of the name Doak Pass. As a gamer, the first thing that comes to mind is David Doak, who worked at Rare and had an NPC named after him in GoldenEye 007 for the Nintendo 64. However, other than that being a first-person shooter and Jillian getting guns in this update, I can't really see any connection.


    Sorry to zombie this thread; not sure if it makes sense to post anywhere else.

    The David Doak NPC from Goldeneye was my first thought too, as I remembered him giving a pass to the player character, one which allows the player to access a previously-unreachable area. But then I looked it up and it turns out that Dr. Doak gives you a door decoder, not a pass, which made this reference seem less likely.

    More likely seems like this is a reference to Doak S. Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee, FL, where the Florida State University Seminoles play football, presumably with lots of passing.

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
     Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 213
     Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:18 pm 
    User avatar
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Offline
    Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:35 am
    Posts: 2316
    Location: Wales... New South Wales
    Palagpat wrote:
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    MerchLis wrote:
    Anomynous 167 wrote: Isn't it mighty suspicious that Jillian just happens to find the guns, despite not knowing the meaning of the word foilage?

    Is there any reason to suspect Jillian doesn't know the meaning of the world "foliage"?

    For one, I can't even spell the word.


    Your personal intelligence/education/knowledge is probably not the most accurate measure of comparison to determine the same characteristics of a fictional character in a fictional world. Do you have any other reason?

    Marge Simpson

    Also Jillian asks a bunch of questions this update. Most about the guns. Then in the narration we get the word "Foliage?". She asks this same question multiple times.
    It is obvious that she doesn't know what foliage is. Why else would her mind be so focused on that word after she found and got the guns?

  • Tip this post

    Make Anonymous
  • Top 
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
     
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ] 

    Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Beartholomew, Jhetham and 10 guests

     
     

     
    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to: