Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 205
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:31 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

Let's not have discussion in Reactions about the time of day that the updates go up. There was a good reason. It is safe to assume there is always a good reason. Nobody is here playing games. Everybody on this side of the screen is doing our damnedest. If you have to vent, make a thread for it in Erfworld Things.

Reactions is for discussing what happened in the story. Derailing this thread is One Rule violation #1. Thank you for understanding. ]8\

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 205
     Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:31 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    AOL: NOT FOR HONOR
    So I guess before this arc is over everyone is going to spend some time in a Transylvitian cell. Maybe Benjamin will order Bunny into a cell for eating all his Weese's Pieces and she'll find Don already in the cell she was going to use. His eyes'll bug out, and dart around nervously before he blurts out, "This... isn't... the larder?" before bolting out of sight.

Last edited by Ozamataz Buckshank on Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:38 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Oh, Don, you total fool.

To clarify: I call Don a total fool because he still thinks he's in control.

1. Find a forum post by that person.
    2. Click the profile button on that post (lower left corner).
    3. Click Add Foe.
    4. Click Yes.

Problem solved.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:40 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Don has made a huge mistake with Vanna, but at least he didn't follow it up with the side-ending decision to disband Caesar. If his own subjects didn't croak him after the heir popped, Parson would have conquered the side with their help.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:45 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I'm hoping that we see Stanley on the scene soon. He still hasn't been called and he's not exactly the type to wait around sitting on his hands. I also want to see him in Transylvito so he can hit some bats with the Arkenhammer, have them turn into pigeons and immediately have them chirp out, "Coup! Coup!"

• Tipped by 11 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:46 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I think the probability of Parson Gotti escaping and freeing Jack and Maggie on his own just went way up.

Parson -has- to escape now. Or a Transylvitan has to help Parson escape. Probably Bunny. Don King is just too dangerously unreliable. The fool has thrown his lot in with Charlie.

1. Find a forum post by that person.
    2. Click the profile button on that post (lower left corner).
    3. Click Add Foe.
    4. Click Yes.

Problem solved.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:47 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Too drunk to fully digest this post until tomorrow... but damn, looking forward to it! :)

Edit: Sorry if this just looks stupid

Last edited by DukeofTuring on Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:50 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Last update was all Don following his heart. Don loves Bea, and Vanna by extension. Don wants there to be order in the world. Don doesn't want to believe that Bea died because of a new Titanic mandate or because the nature of Erfworld is that of strife. He wants to believe that there is a higher order, a higher Duty, a heavenly plan. Don wants to believe Charlie's story about Parson, because that would mean that Stanley and Wanda are bad people. Bad people who cheated and usurped the natural order. They stole a hero from the City of Heroes, enslaved him, and used him to tear away at the trappings of Royalty. Don wants to believe all of this because it explains the pain in his heart.

This update is more about Don's mind. Caesar is going to act as Don's conscience. Previously, Don had promised himself to disband Caesar if Caesar gave him any "wrong or unjustified" orders. However, when the moment of truth arrives, Don can't order Caesar to disband. Somewhere, maybe not even consciously, Don knows that he's acting out of emotion and not being rational. This sliver of his unconscious, his Kingly Duty to his Side, compels him to have the more rational Caesar hear out Vanna and weigh in before proceeding with his plan to force Parson to use the scroll.

• Tipped by 9 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:51 pm 
    This user has been published! This user is a Tool! Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    So I guess that means Caesar's (puts on sunglasses) Stuck in a Dungeon with Vanna White...

• Tipped by 8 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:52 pm 
    Heh that could have gone worse. I wonder, if disbanding a fated unit gets retconned. Banhammer's order went to a Gwiff, and Don's got softer.

Or, the first could have been to show that Banhmmer used to be a ruthless son of a boop warrior prince before he became a pacifist king, which would explain why he and Jill both pop the gwiffs at their capital site. He was angry, and needed to kill something.

The second could be to show that Don is actually gone soft. I mean, he did sneak around in the middle of the night to keep from being caught. Man acts like a naughty kid in his own castle. Yet that softness is keeping his actions sane.

If a post in a reaction thread irks you, consider PMs, or the use of a thread in another subforum and invite the poster there. This isn't reddit, but I want to hit the [-] button to skip past all the feels to find crunchy or baseless speculation.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:54 pm 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Zeal wrote:
    I'm hoping that we see Stanley on the scene soon. He still hasn't been called and he's not exactly the type to wait around sitting on his hands. I also want to see him in Transylvito so he can hit some bats with the Arkenhammer, have them turn into pigeons and immediately have them chirp out, "Coup! Coup!"

I think Stanley is still at his desk, waiting for that call from before the tea party. :D

So, guesses. Charlie told Vanna via Thinkagram to wait for start of turn to have juice for something nasty. But why run and hide back in a cell?

Maybe Jill or Charlie will attack with enough force that that's the safest place?

Here's my Erfics: Hungry Jungle. -- Completed!

The Overlord's New Clothes -- Two parter, Completed

Unjust Deserts -- Updated August 20!

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:54 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user was a Tool before it was cool Shiny Red Star Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter This user is a part of Erfworld canon! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Hi,

I'm in Guadeloupe right now. And I have sampled of the Agricole.

It is good.
    I am mellow.

That is all. Thank you.

I'll get back to reading the update now...

Edit:
    Wow..
    Don has sort of evolved by a huge leap, but he is still standing on square one...

Last edited by Knott on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:55 pm 
    Parson's 'Worst Case Scenario' has happened, and it's worse that he thought.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:56 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary
    Oh, Don... I have a feeling you're going to have to learn about Charlie.

I don't think the lesson is going to be pretty, though. Boop has got to be about ready to hit the fan.

Also, Rob, we all know how hard you guys work! Good job, this one was a great read.

Last edited by kefkakrazy on Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:56 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    AOL: NOT FOR HONOR
    So what exactly happened to Vanna? She get a Thinkagram order from Caesar to run back into her cell and sit in the corner?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:57 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    He knows there are Shenanigans, yet chooses a strategy that involves committing an act of violence against his prisoner, although perhaps Erfworlders don't have the same sense of repugnance we do about such things.

Are we seeing Love affect Fate here? Apparently his need is driving his decision making, a need that took root just a few turns ago, when they met for the first time.

A very deep Charlie game? Vanna links during sex for a little Carnymancy/Turnamancy on a Ruler. Infatuation follows, she gains a stout defender.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:58 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Spicymancer wrote:
    But why run and hide back in a cell?

Ordered there, by the Chief Warlord of Transylvito.

Or maybe the Chief Caster.

Or both.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:59 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Spicymancer wrote:
    Zeal wrote:

I think Stanley is still at his desk, waiting for that call from before the tea party. :D

So, guesses. Charlie told Vanna via Thinkagram to wait for start of turn to have juice for something nasty. But why run and hide back in a cell?

Maybe Jill or Charlie will attack with enough force that that's the safest place?

I think she got a silent order from Caesar or Bunny.

EDIT: double ninja'd

Last edited by NoteToUrist on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:01 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Man, I can think of half a dozen ways for CC to "conquer" Faq in such a way that lets him meet the letter of the contract while ignoring the spirit. Don really has no idea who he's trying to play here. And we all know that he has experience in creating fake military actions to fulfill prophecies.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:01 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Seems obvious to me that Vanna didn't lock herself in the cell because she was emotional, but rather because she was getting a call from Charlie.

Edit: Don't think it was an order from Caesar, because CWLs don't have Thinkamancy connections to their units, so he wouldn't know about Vanna yet. Also don't think it was Bunny, because Bunny isn't Chief Caster, so she couldn't have ordered Vanna to a cell, though she very likely was firs to be aware of the turning.

I wonder how locking oneself in works. The doors follow the orders of TV commanders. Vanna ordered the door locked, couldn't she just order it open again? Could Vanna be acting to get Don to leave her alone, at which point she can leave to go assault Parson?

I also have to wonder if Maggie is in the same dungeon as Vanna and Caesar. If so, she might have witnessed this entire interaction. Or be able to notify Bunny of what has gone down.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

Last edited by Lipkin on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions