Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 197
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:39 pm 
Here for the 10th Anniversary
Ivan is a prisoner, right? Which means no juice, which means no digging through or filling up bedrock, unless Claud can do that, or there's a third caster they can wrangle into their service.

What happens with a fugitive barbarian, anyway? They don't have a side to repatriate them. Do they just need to leave the hex?

Even if they did dig down and try to hide, they can't compete with the juice of all the outraged casters of the Magic Kingdom. Hiding in the MK is just a Bad Idea(tm). They'll be Found, and then what? Jojo was figuring on sides in a conflict, not something that everyone might get on board with. With enough public opinion against an escaped Ivan and his accomplice Claud, eventually someone charismatic enough will pop up to organize the mob and get them to set aside differences long enough to get them. Sure, Carnymancy would seem to be a necessary part of a link to go through bedrock, but does Charlie really have all the Carnymancers in his pocket? It'd be a good way to see if there's anyone willing to work against his agents, and then that Carny would be looking for a safe side. Or it might be the catalyst to get the barbarian casters to accept Decryption as a valid tactic, if the Carnymancers are really intent on blocking the manhunt.

Now maybe Ivan/Claud can set up decoys and misdirects, and they may have access to guns and could have traps in place, but they're still vastly outnumbered. A side to protect them is really their best option. All in all, joining GK is a pretty solid deal.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:45 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day This user is a Tool!
    Love the details of the Dart game. Ivan's playing it with a blow gun, and none of them can throw darts anywhere near the target. Really shows how terrible everyone would be at that game when none of the folk in the room have an archery special.

Look at that wall, covered in Darts. And the only darts that went anywhere near the target have fallen to the floor. Then look at the trejectory of the dart Ivan is shooting: seemingly straight enough to hit the target, but you'll know something will go wrong.
    Lheticus wrote:
    The wrench.

The. Wrench.

Holy. Booping. Boop.

Did we just get FIFTH ARKENTOOL CONFIRMED?!

Well, Charlie is apparently a Titan, and the Arkentools were made by the Titans (in contrast to mere magic items), and the wrench was made in a link involving Charlie.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:48 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf This user is a Tool! Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    hajo4 wrote:
    Einherjar wrote:
    I have a feeling they are going to run off to FAQ (Need Villains)
    Running off to TV seems while good news not likely
    If anything other than FAQ, it would be Jetstone
    Finally if it isn't that, then we are looking at Haggar or even a fourth side like Carpool or Jitterati.

FAQ didn't have much money until very recently, and Jillian doesn't want casters.

Jillian doesn't want casters where she can't see an immediate military application with their magic. I think bringing gun tech with them would make Claud & Ivan Jillian's new best friends.

FAQ doesn't have money NOW...it doesn't mean that they WON'T. One of my pet speculations is that Jillian is able to take GK city. The gems in the mountain would easily provide enough schumckers to sustain 2 casters, esp since one of the casters would be a Dirtamancer who could go get the gems.

Following Spoiler'd - for those who care
    Spoiler: show
    My corollary pet speculation is that after Jillian takes GK, Albert Coups Faq with some prodding from Vinny and Ansom (rather than Turning to TV) and remains allied with TV and by extension GK the Side. Once Albert is King of Faq proper, he'll have the Wisdom to call back the Old Faq casters that may remain alive in the MK. Jack can tell him about the Old Faq, or Marie if she's ever Decrypted. This increases the Named Caster base that Parson has to work with without having to deal with introducing too many new characters from MK barbarians, or some of the (valid but ruthless) suggestions tossed about in the forum to "just kill and decrypt the entire MK" or "go to the Short Pier every morning".

Jillian still survives and remains pertinent to the story b/c GK is a Capital site. Where Jetstone will settle as the alliances shift is a wildcard.

Yes, the pun in the spoiler was intended. :D

Last edited by neko on Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:48 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Zeal wrote:
    Ivan and Claud doing a runner is going to make CharlesComm look guilty as hell, but will that be enough to get Wanda off the hook?

Taking into account how terrifying Wanda and decryption are? I doubt it. She would have had problems even before Parson invaded the MK and made her a threat to them personally.

hajo4 wrote:
    FAQ didn't have much money until very recently, and Jillian doesn't want casters.

Entirely correct. But I'm sure Charlie could have made arrangements. I do kind of wonder why Charlie isn't offering to let those two take refuge at Faq or a similar proxy side? Fate might make keeping casters on his own side dangerous, but he needs Ivan too badly to simply discard him like that.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:56 pm 
    It's the prisoner outfit, the collar really shrunk the neck.

The lack of hair a bit harder to explain. A Signamancy item is of course most likely and has been mentioned, and it goes with the Slavic thug half of his Signamancy.

---

That bat bottle - do Transilvito having multiple Transilvino products? I bet vino isn't their only product. Perhaps that's some Trumsilvito?

---

I think Carnies are hated mainly because they're scammers?

Although, I can see Fate fixing has it's side effects.
    Oh..Carnymancers naturally bring carnage because fixing a Fate has a side effect of dooming others if one struggles against that. Pull some strings too hard in a weave, you'll pull out so many others. Dragging other units down.

Sylvia's...methods does lead to death death and death as Fate has to compensate for the retributions of her carnage until DIAF is satisfied. It's more 'Fate has to be satisfied above all else'.

If anything Luckamancers are the trolley problem discipline. Willing units to die so others can survive? Totally a trolley problem. They need sacrifices to balance out Numbers, and as Forecastle showed us, they have to live with that conscience, something they probably won't want other casters to know.

Or perhaps Luckamancers are simple trolley problems, and Fate fixing deaths are multitrack drifting..

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:58 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    I wonder where they plan to defect to? GK would seem to be the only safe choice. Everywhere else is vulnerable to Charlie.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:58 pm 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Has collected at least one unit Mined 4 Erf Won Mine4erf for the Gobwins Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Anomynous 167 wrote:
    Well, Charlie is apparently a Titan, and the Arkentools were made by the Titans (in contrast to mere magic items), and the wrench was made in a link involving Charlie.

No, Charlie being a Titan was a throwaway lie that Parson came up with. Unfortunately, Don fell for it, hard.

Chris Goodwin wrote:
    It's like half crack house and half frat house. Frack house.

If that was deliberate, that is a really subtle fracking pun. Also featured, muddying your liver (drinking).

I hope they run to GK or at least into Parson's arms in TV, that would make for a cool battle.

I am the Barbarian Gamer. I can roam. I can explore. I am free to make purchases or returns or forum posts of whatever I please. I'm here for the same reasons you are. One, this interests me. And two? I love Erfworld. May the Titans help me.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:09 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I think we have a version of the prisoners dilemma going on right now. Ivan and Claud are going to bolt and suddenly Charlie will have a major rep issue on his hands and it will be all his own fault for not covering his bases chapters ago.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:14 am 
    Brother Mirtillo wrote:
    Belrodes wrote:
    So the Rockers aren't going to cover for Ivan, but only if the Wonky Wrench being used to rig a portal is revealed? That's a strange reason to abandon him, unless dirtamancers already know something about portals. Perhaps the inhabitants of the Dirtamansion conceal secrets of their craft, just like the Great Minds?

Before I respond to the last few parts of your post, let me double-check: do you mean the point of no return is for the Wrench's use to get revealed to the rockers, or revealed to someone else? I just want to be sure who does and doesn't already know about its power.

Bonnie would be revealing the creation and purpose of the Wonky Wrench to the Great Minds, who would presumably use that information against Ivan at trial. Ivan's statement about what happens if "they" find out is too vague to say how exactly this affects his position with the Rockers, but my guess is that the Great Minds discovering the wrench is the end of the line for Ivan. The dirtamancers are unlikely to unanimously refuse an order by the Qualified court to search for the bunker, and once Charlie's secret doomsday bunker is discovered Ivan's guaranteed to get convicted.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:19 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Mined 4 Erf For when you need it most Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    if they do escape this turn, ERF's natural predictamancy says they can't go to :tv:, :faq:, or :jetstone:, their turn already started and barbarians move at dawn

EDIT: and I immediatly realize that travel via magic kingdom happens in realtime.

Last edited by NoteToUrist on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:20 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    ManaCaster wrote:
    hajo4 wrote:

Entirely correct. But I'm sure Charlie could have made arrangements. I do kind of wonder why Charlie isn't offering to let those two take refuge at Faq or a similar proxy side? Fate might make keeping casters on his own side dangerous, but he needs Ivan too badly to simply discard him like that.

Well until this very turn, Charlie was trying to hide his connection to Jillian, and it would have been impossible for Jillian to hide Charlie's patronage from TV if he was supporting 3 of her casters. And I'm not sure he has any other proxy sides. He sounded a bit desperate to ally with her originally because no other royal sides would work with him.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:58 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    I wonder how Barbarian casters 'repatriate' if they don't have a side to stack up with...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:12 am 
    People keep saying Ace played the whole Claud scene wrong, but it seems to be bearing unexpected fruit.

The recurring theme seems to be "People acting on information that is incomplete, incorrect, or falsified".

It all starts with Parson going through a portal without knowing where he's going.

Bonnie hasn't ratted out Ivan or Claud to anyone other than Ace. But they think they've been sold out to the great minds, and are going to act accordingly and most likely seal their own fate.

Parson told Don that Charlie is a fallen Titan, which is either falsified, incorrect or incomplete information.
    The bracer told Don that FAQ is likely to attack them soon, which is incorrect.
    But Don is handling his negotiations, and the very future of his side on this information.

Charlie lacks much of the information he normally has and seems to be floundering in the dark.

It's like a weird shell game.
    Figure out which one has the truth under it, win the game.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:28 am 
    This user is a Tool! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Pure white eyes...
    That's not Steve at all, it's HEROBRINE

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:47 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter E is for Erfworld Supporter Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter This user is a Tool!
    neko wrote:
    PleaseDontYellAtMe wrote:
    I guess the Rockers don't care for the Carnies.

Also, it looks like Charlie is about to experience an involuntary personnel reduction.

It's Right-sizing...

That must mean they're going to Rightshoring!!?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:20 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Hmmm...interesting thought, guys. Ivan's wrench, the Wonky Wrench? It's a combination Dirtamancy/Carnymancy item, and we know it can dig through bedrock. We can also speculate that he used it to work on Charlescomm's portal. It's not been stated, but it's highly likely. So what else can it do? Maybe with the help of a certain Dollamancer (Claude), Ivan could build working guns using it?

Edit: Bah. Ivan just stated that he rigged the portal using the wrench. Missing the forest for the trees, eh what? :oops:

Last edited by Chef Lurker on Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:24 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published! Mined 4 Erf
    AOL: NOT FOR HONOR
    Chef Lurker wrote:
    Hmmm...interesting thought, guys. Ivan's wrench, the Wonky Wrench? It's a combination Dirtamancy/Carnymancy item, and we know it can dig through bedrock. We can also speculate that he used it to work on Charlescomm's portal. It's not been stated, but it's highly likely. So what else can it do? Maybe with the help of a certain Dollamancer (Claude), Ivan could build working guns using it?

The only part of guns that is Dirtamancy is the ammunition. Are you suggesting that Gobwin Knob's guns don't work right because they don't have the right kind of bullets?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:34 am 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user has been published! Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Armored Dwagon Monthly Winner Has collected at least one unit Here for the 10th Anniversary Shiny Red Star Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Mined 4 Erf Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Wait, is that Marion from Indiana Jones?

It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Give it a go.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:58 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter Was an active Tool on Free Cards Day
    Ozamataz Buckshank wrote:
    Chef Lurker wrote:

The only part of guns that is Dirtamancy is the ammunition. Are you suggesting that Gobwin Knob's guns don't work right because they don't have the right kind of bullets?

Not at all. I'm suggesting the rifles don't work right because they are missing a Carnymancy element. What if the wrench can provide that? Oh, I'll grant you, it may not be as simple as just having Ivan and Claude link up. I mean, for that they'd need...a Thinkamancer, wouldn't they? ;)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:18 am 
    Year of the Dwagon Supporter This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    youngstormlord wrote:
    Wait, is that Marion from Indiana Jones?

Oh damn, you just beat me on to make that claim! :lol: The costume isn't exact, but it looks like her, she's drinking, and she was an archaeologist. I'd say it's her unless someone comes up with an exact match.

2nd level Dollamancer, currently using my Juice on a Bag of Holding

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions