Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 195
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:27 am 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 195
     Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:40 am 
    So that's the reason why she wanted juice. Remote croaking via Dish would make me very nervous, too.

Also, I really don't think that Charlie is going to do well with this approach. It's great dialog and I want it to continue, but I'm just waiting for the claws to come out.

(Sort of wonder if Bunny's line about not being in the same room set the tone for Charlie? Like, had she not said it, would he be the same amount of bluster?)

Like the insight into Delta, too.

Last edited by PleaseDontYellAtMe on Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:43 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Year of the Dwagon Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    AOL: N64PSDCnow
    Nice to see the update so early, a very pleasant surprise.

Blanking on the Charlie reference though I feel like it is definitely someone I should know. Maybe Bugsy Siegel based on a quick search?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:44 am 
    E is for Erfworld Supporter Battle Crest Pins Supporter Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    You're just trolling the forum with update times, aren't you?

-The Song of Maybe

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:46 am 
    "uppity little skank"

DAMN. A ticked off Bunny doesn't play around. Turns out she's a lot better at her discipline then we thought, given that analysis of Delta.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:56 am 
    @Sixty: Lucky Luciano, right?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Luciano

• Tipped by 13 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:04 am 
    Has collected at least one unit
    PleaseDontYellAtMe wrote:
    Also, I really don't think that Charlie is going to do well with this approach. It's great dialog and I want it to continue, but I'm just waiting for the claws to come out.

No claws are actually necessary. People really need to remember that everything about this Alliance is based on lies. Everything Parson and Jack said to Don and Caeser is a lie. The stuff about Jillian? Lies. The stuff about the fallen titan? Lies. Stanley's intentions? Lies. Charlie doesn't even have to use the dish or lie to Don, simply telling the truth (that while yes he did sponsor Jillian, he did it to get to Parson and has been working for the coalition behind the scenes all along) would already be enough to make Don back down, especially if those truths are backed by the bracer. Hell, he could simply show that Jillian is planning to attack Gobwin Knob, not him and that would probably be enough. Or Charlie could make Don finally ask the bracer the question that he really REALLY should have asked it a long time ago: «is Parson lying to us.»

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:07 am 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool! Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Hmmm...well, this might be very interesting, indeed. I'm not 100% sure, but I think Charlie might actually be going with something really unorthodox for him: the truth.

Edit: Ninja'd, but...

querzis wrote:

No claws are actually necessary. People really need to remember that everything about this Alliance is based on lies. Everything Parson and Jack said to Don and Caeser is a lie. The stuff about Jillian? Lies. The stuff about the fallen titan? Lies. Stanley's intentions? Lies. Charlie doesn't even have to use the dish or lie to Don, simply telling the truth (that while yes he did sponsor Jillian, he did it to get to Parson and has been working for the coalition behind the scenes all along) would already be enough to make Don back down, especially if those truths are backed by the bracer. Hell, he could simply show that Jillian is planning to attack Gobwin Knob, not him and that would probably be enough. Or Charlie could make Don finally ask the bracer the question that he really REALLY should have asked it a long time ago: «is Parson lying to us.»

That bracer is an instrument of Fate, and Fate wants Charlie taken out. Who says it's gonna tell Don the truth?

Last edited by Chef Lurker on Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 4 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:09 am 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit

Looks close. Is this the first time Charlie has been in the form of a person not named Charles?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:10 am 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    themunck wrote:

Looks close. Is this the first time Charlie has been in the form of a person not named Charles?

Look again. Real name was Charles Luciano.

• Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:13 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    pkingdom wrote:
    "uppity little skank"

DAMN. A ticked off Bunny doesn't play around. Turns out she's a lot better at her discipline then we thought, given that analysis of Delta.

Well, we've heard that she's a master, which means she's on a level above Maggie. We haven't heard how much a difference Adept is from Master, hence my thought that Maggie's use of the strings on the doll would be her masterpiece.

But what I'm more concerned with is what hitherto-unknown abilities masters of other disciplines have that stack up to Thinkamancers (do the Dirtmancers have nukes?), or whether Thinkamancers are just Mary Sues in Erfworld (I suspect not).

And it continues to frustrate me that Thinkamancers in general have no clue what happens when you link up with other disciplines, despite linking being prolific among the masters.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:13 am 
    Regarding the cutting of strings - isn't that something the Arkenpliers can do, too? We saw a pretty dramatic example of that with the repatriating of Lilith...

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:17 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Fascinating that as worried as Maggie once was back in book 1 when Parson wanted to contact Charlie, she didn't take anywhere near the level of precaution Bunny did. She just put him through, full thinkspace and everything, not even taking the precaution of doing the projection like Bunny is doing.

Bunny is clearly not only better in the sense of being a stronger caster, but also more competent at thinking of proper ways to protect the person she's working with.

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:19 am 
    Like the insights into the differences between an Adept and a Master Thinkamancer. Bunny can do Foolamancy like most Thinkamancers so that's cool. But do all Thinkamancers start off with at least a base point/being a Novice in Foolamancy given the need for movie calls?

That's why I love seeing how capable casters are at multidiscipline casting. Exploring their skills beyond their base. I wonder how the GK casters we all know and love feel about their other disciplines. Maggie obviously can do basic Foolamancy for calls, does she like it? How does she feel about it? Jack is all jacked up on Foolamancy, but has he ever casted other things? Ace obviously like to dabble in Weirdomancy.

Let's hope Don is as awesome at negotiating as we see him here.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:20 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    To squeeze in some early notes, Bunny's outfit is real Neo-y Matrixy.

Charlie's face at the end reminds me a lot of Jack's in book 1. I can really picture him saying "Nuncle" a lot.

Also, Charlie's "How bad is your odor problem" got a major laugh from me.

edit: Regarding how cutting strings can croak a unit: it really brings home the Dollamancer's metaphor that units are all dolls, dancing to the Titan's whims from up above. If you cut the strings, they all collapse on themselves.

Last edited by Anomynous 167 on Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:21 am 
    I'm Predicting that Charlie is going to do something entirely unnecessary as a blunder. I think that his approach will be "Okay, you don't want the carrot? I have a really big stick right here..." based on Sammy and Parson.

There is a bit of truth in the lies, though:

The MTTA wants Charlie real bad. They'll (presumably) fix Bunny, and Don cares about that.

I could be wrong, but I don't see trust occuring. If the bracer comes up, this will get messy. That I agree.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:22 am 
    So Thinkagram projections are indeed Foolamancy. And Thinkamancers can project them at great distances. What would it take to give a Foolamancer the ability to project into a separate hex?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:26 am 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    dzScritches wrote:
    Regarding the cutting of strings - isn't that something the Arkenpliers can do, too? We saw a pretty dramatic example of that with the repatriating of Lilith...

True, but that string was green, while we've seen double-helix like red and blue strings in thinkspace for units, and one or both of those are more likely needing to be cut to croak a unit. Green would be fate(?) and blue and/or red would be the life strings (numbers and erf?)

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:29 am 
    Shoutout to the fact that Don King is sharing Stanley's "wisdom" about negotation to Charlie now.

"You're being unusually direct. You should stick to that, it's an improvement."

That's pretty much what Stanley told Don about the latter's negotiation tactics.

• Tipped by 10 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:34 am 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    Shai hulud wrote:
    You're just trolling the forum with update times, aren't you?

My thoughts exactly. Though the best part about a random early update, is that most of the Americans should be a sleep and I get to comment on page 1.
    Chef Lurker wrote:
    querzis wrote:

That bracer is an instrument of Fate, and Fate wants Charlie taken out. Who says it's gonna tell Don the truth?

The Mathamancy bracer is an instrument of whoever wields it, and it's a Numbers instrument. Just because Fate willed it into being does not make it Fate's instrument.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions