Forum    Members    Search    FAQ

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions

Post subject: Book 3 - Page 190
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:57 pm 
This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment Here for the 10th Anniversary
New One is up.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post subject: Re: Book 3 - Page 190
     Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:01 pm 
    This user is a Tool! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Ahahaha that's awesome! Also a very positive result from Caesar. But how will Don react? (not well, perhaps)...

But that last panel is just another "imagination-panel" right?

Last edited by Radagast on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:01 pm 
    Turmanamcer?

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:02 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Awesome, what an unexpected "turn" of events.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:03 pm 
    Not completely sure if that last frame is actually happening or a picture of what Parson is planning.

Edit: Maybe Rob needs to have them blur the edges of frames to show what is really happening vs. imagination. Just a thought, I know it kind of helps with suspense, but with a book later it could be a bit confusing.

Last edited by CrazyIvan1745 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:06 pm 
    This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    I love the little Stanley Star Bats! Sooo cute!

Here's my Erfics: Hungry Jungle. -- Completed!

The Overlord's New Clothes -- Two parter, Completed

Unjust Deserts -- Updated August 20!

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:07 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    200 bats x 5,000,000 shmuckers each = one billion shmuckers. EDIT: forgot the Dr Evil pinky to the mouth...

"Hey Charlie, is Transylvito worth a billion shmuckers to you?"

• Tipped by 22 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:09 pm 
    Print Book 2 & Draw Book 3 Supporter This user has been published! This user posted the comment of the month Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    Love that Parson is calling him "Borgata" in response to being called "Gotti."

Anyway, last panel has to be an imagine spot. I don't think Parson would risk standing out in the open, screening bats or no. Charlie would still risk that.

I'm writing a sequel! It's called Finding Sanctuary. Please do give it a look. Last updated December 1st, 2016.

Last edited by Lipkin on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:10 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    :lol:

It's just too bad that Jillian isn't really planning to attack TV, because I'd love to see that play out. Oh well, CC could still make a move.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:11 pm 
    Except that when Caesar tells Don not to let the Turnamancer cast, I can't see that going well at all. Don wants the turnamancer to spend all her time casting for the heir.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:11 pm 
    Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit Erfworld Bicycle® Playing Cards supporter
    ArkenSaw wrote:
    200 bats x 5,000,000 shmuckers each = one billion shmuckers.

Oh. Oh, I did not even think about that math. That is genius.

• Tipped by 1 person!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:12 pm 
    Well he literally can't talk about it, so it is the charly deal, and i guess, in order to take the tv capital, cc would have to eliminate all gk forces. So they'd have to kill 200 bats at 5 000 000 shmukers a piece - that would be a problem even for cc's treasury. So all parson has to do is to be allied and stand there with a lot of archon very cheap archon fodder.

-boop- got ninjaed

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:12 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Well, 200 bats can render 1,000,000,000 shmucksters at maximum. Luckily, it is about 350,000,000 more than Charlie currently has available in treasury and gems,
    They could aslo temporarily trade cities so that the city of transylvito became Gobwin Knob's. That way archons will not even be able to approach a city without incurring a penalty.

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:13 pm 
    This user is a Tool! This user was a Tool before it was cool This user is a member of Team Erfworld IRC Quote of the Moment This user got funny with a rodent This user has been published! Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Ermergerd Hermbern wrote:
    Turmanamcer?

I'll blame new glasses for that one. :geek: Fixed.

• Tipped by 2 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:14 pm 
    Imagine the expression on Don's face if approximately one turn after Stanley paid millions of shmuckers for Parson's release, Parson managed to more than recover it as a side-effect of defeating Charlie in battle!

• Tipped by 3 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:14 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user is a Tool!
    FormicaArchonis wrote:
    ArkenSaw wrote:
    200 bats x 5,000,000 shmuckers each = one billion shmuckers.

Oh. Oh, I did not even think about that math. That is genius.

And Parson would be overlord of GK because Stanley would croak when that much money hit his treasury!

EDIT: But only if "I love you, Hamster" as his dying breath is enough to promote him to heir.

Last edited by ArkenSaw on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 9 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:15 pm 
    Ok, now I'm a bit weirded out. I honestly thought Faq was going for a strike on GK and TV was mistaking the prediction by the wristband. There wasn't a 100% chance that TV was the target, after all.

I figured that somehow Jillian wasn't that capable of backstabbing TV and she was genuinely focused on hitting GK when the treaty ended. I also figured that something would happen to make TV's alliance so advantageous that even when it was discovered that TV wasn't the target that the issue would be quickly dropped -- and not that TV would drop the alliance due to false pretenses. I couldn't see a TV-GK alliance holding together if/when Jillian shows up a few turns later saying "O Hai I captured a major city, here's your investment in me plus interest".

It seems like either that's not the case and Faq is the target and I'm grossly misunderstanding Jillian's mindset, or I'm missing something that would make such a mistake forgivable later. What would compel Jillian to do such a backstab, if that is the case? Blackmail by Charlescomm? A lie by Charlie saying that she needs to attack TV because (they have Parson? Other reasons?)

What am I missing here?

[Edit] Wait. What if Jillian is not en route to TV, and is a distraction for the main force, unintentionally?

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:16 pm 
    Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit This user has been published!
    AOL: NOT FOR HONOR
    I think you guys are forgetting that the size of the penalty depends on the offending side's treasury size. 5 million is the cap, but it is usually defined as half the treasury. Once Charlie's treasury gets under 10 million, the penalties will be less and less, and once it's under 1 million, the penalties will be only 500,000. And Charlie can pay out over a thousand 500k Shmucker penalties with his gem hoard.

Last edited by Ozamataz Buckshank on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tipped by 5 people!
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:17 pm 
    This user was a Tool before it was cool Pin-up Calendar and New Art Team Supporter Here for the 10th Anniversary Has collected at least one unit
    Yay! Update. Good update too.

Unbreakable. Does not receive leadership penalties, Loyalty, or morale hits due to delays, imperfections, vacations, breaks, filler days, or retcons. All such debuffs, if somehow applied, are reduced to 0. - ShaneTheBrain

• Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:17 pm 
    El Chupacabra wrote:
    Ok, now I'm a bit weirded out. I honestly thought Faq was going for a strike on GK and TV was mistaking the prediction by the wristband. There wasn't a 100% chance that TV was the target, after all.

I figured that somehow Jillian wasn't that capable of backstabbing TV and she was genuinely focused on hitting GK when the treaty ended. I also figured that something would happen to make TV's alliance so advantageous that even when it was discovered that TV wasn't the target that the issue would be quickly dropped -- and not that TV would drop the alliance due to false pretenses. I couldn't see a TV-GK alliance holding together if/when Jillian shows up a few turns later saying "O Hai I captured a major city, here's your investment in me plus interest".

It seems like either that's not the case and Faq is the target and I'm grossly misunderstanding Jillian's mindset, or I'm missing something that would make such a mistake forgivable later. What would compel Jillian to do such a backstab, if that is the case? Blackmail by Charlescomm? A lie by Charlie saying that she needs to attack TV because (they have Parson? Other reasons?)

What am I missing here?

Probably Charlie asking her to stop by to pick up a prisoner that Don has, and sending his Archons as well, since that cat is out of the bag. And Don sees Faq and Archons show up and expect the worst.

Kind of a display of power, "Look, you know by now that I can affect turns to boost production, all I am asking is that you give our mutual friend faq that warlord you are holding prisoner."

Last edited by Jethreuel on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tip this post

Make Anonymous

Board index » Erfworld Things » Reactions